|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry doing as Part 1: Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Taking a walk
(b) Teaching a class
(c) Writing a book review
(d) Monitoring Sally's contraction
2. What does Larry think about on this morning?
(a) His business
(b) His passport
(c) His real estate business
(d) His life
3. What type of building does Charity's father have in the woods?
(a) A studio
(b) A think house
(c) A woodworking shop
(d) An outhouse
4. What kind of lessons does Charity take?
5. What is Charity's mother reading to a group of children when he arrives?
(a) Winnie the Pooh
(b) The Velveteen Rabbit
(c) Peter Pan
6. Why is Charity so amazed by Larry and Sally?
(a) They can speak several languages
(b) They put themselves through college
(c) They are models
(d) They have a beautiful apartment
7. What material has Sid had published?
(b) Movie reviews
(d) Short stories
8. Who buys one of Larry's short stories?
(a) The New Yorker
(b) Reader's Digest
(c) National Geographic
(d) Atlantic Monthly
9. Who convinces the doctor to let Larry into Sally's room?
(d) A nurse
10. What surprise does Sid have for Charity and her family?
(a) He has a terminal illness
(b) He bought Charity a ring
(c) He is very wealthy
(d) He plans to move in
11. Where does Sally to with the Langs?
12. What is the state of Charity's health?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She is well
(c) She is recovering from surgery
(d) She has diabetes
13. Where does Larry take Sally?
(a) The hospital
(b) To church
(c) The clinic
(d) To Charity's house
14. Who does Sally talk to when Larry is working?
(a) The butcher
(c) Her neighbor
(d) Her landlady
15. Who takes care of Charity's children most of the time?
(a) Her neighbor
(b) A nanny
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Charity's mother characterized?
2. Where did Sally and Larry meet?
3. Who is Sally?
4. What year is it in the story in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. Where do Larry and Sally go on Friday night?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)