|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional event does Larry experience?
(a) A state of shock
(b) A plunge into depression
(c) A surge of joy
(d) A bad premonition
2. Who buys one of Larry's short stories?
(a) Reader's Digest
(b) The New Yorker
(c) Atlantic Monthly
(d) National Geographic
3. What is Sid doing as Part 1: Chapter 9 begins?
(b) Reading a book
(c) Teaching a class
(d) Taking a walk
4. What good news arrives for Larry?
(a) One of his stories has sold
(b) He gets his own office
(c) He gets a raise
(d) He gets a promotion
5. What kind of lessons does Charity take?
6. Where is Sid and Charity's vacation house located?
(a) South Carolina
7. What do Sally and Charity talk about?
(a) Their pregnancies
(c) The holidays
(d) Women's rights
8. What is the purpose of Larry and Sally's trip?
(a) Larry has a new job
(b) Sally is going to college
(c) Sally is graduating law school
(d) Larry's father is ill
9. Where do Larry and Sally live?
(d) New Mexico
10. Which anniversary do Sid and Charity celebrate?
11. What is the name of Sid and Charity's firstborn child?
12. What event occurs at the beginning of Part 1: Chapter 10?
(a) Larry loses his job
(b) Sid loses his job
(c) Sid buys a new house
(d) Larry publishes a book
13. Where is Larry staying for the summer?
(a) The Langs' house
(b) A seaside cottage
(c) A new apartment
(d) A cabin in the woods
14. Who helps Larry with his editing?
15. Where does Larry find most of his satisfaction?
(a) His wife
(b) His family
(c) His hobbies
(d) His work
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sid feel about his teaching job?
2. What type of study did Charity complete for Sid?
3. Why have Larry and Sally come to Massachusetts?
4. What is Charity's father's profession?
5. Where does Larry take Sally?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)