|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Larry and Sally's marriage?
(a) Rocky and unhappy
(b) On the verge of divorce
(c) They are separated
(d) Happy and solid
2. Who lavishes praise on Larry and Sally at the party?
(a) Aunt Ellen
(b) Aunt Emily
(c) Aunt Eileen
(d) Aunt Eleanor
3. What literary technique does the author use in Chapter 2?
4. Who is with Sally when Larry returns to the cottage?
(a) Lou Ann
5. How does Sally impress the guests?
(a) Reciting some of her own poetry
(b) Singing solos at the piano
(c) Reading The Odyssey in Greek
(d) Mixing drinks for everyone
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry feel he doesn't fit in with the other professors?
2. What is the state of Sally's health?
3. What does Charity hand out to the guests?
4. What is the state of Sally's health?
5. What year is it when the novel opens?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)