Part 1: Chapter 1
1. Where is Sid and Charity's vacation house located?
(b) South Carolina
2. Who awakens at the vacation house as the story begins?
3. What year is it when the novel opens?
4. Who is Sally?
(a) Sid's ex-wife
(b) Larry's sister
(c) Larry's wife
(d) Sid's wife
5. Who is with Sally when Larry returns to the cottage?
(c) Lou Ann
6. A picnic has been planned for later today at _______________________.
(b) Folsom Hill
(c) Blueberry Hill
7. Where do Larry and Sally live?
(a) New Mexico
8. Why have Larry and Sally come to Massachusetts?
(a) They are touring college campuses
(b) They are thinking of relocating
(c) They are on vacation
(d) Their friend, Charity, is ill
9. What is the state of Charity's health?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She has diabetes
(c) She is well
(d) She is recovering from surgery
10. What is the state of Sally's health?
(a) She has epilepsy
(b) She is disabled
(c) She is in perfect health
(d) She has cancer
This section contains 3,468 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)