|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conversions to Christianity is Nash responsible for?
2. Who is Martha's master/owner when she is with her first husband?
(a) Mr. Hoffman.
(c) Mr. Randolph.
3. Who is the main character of the story "West"?
(a) Martha Randolph.
(b) Eliza Mae.
4. How many years has Nash been in Liberia?
5. Where does the person who finds Martha in the doorway take her?
(a) To California.
(b) To their own home.
(c) To Denver, Colorado.
(d) To a cabin.
6. What profession does the new owner of Martha's master's plantation have?
7. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
(a) None of the above.
(b) They never arrive.
(c) They succumb to African Fever.
(d) They are murdered.
8. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
(b) Edward, Jr.
9. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
(a) Sierra Leone.
10. Who does Edward entrust to give Nash some money?
(c) Mr. Grey.
11. What is Martha's daughter's name?
(c) Eliza Mae.
12. How does Edward get to Monrovia from Sierra Leone?
(a) By hiking.
(b) He never gets there.
(c) By boat.
(d) By post.
13. What does the mysterious woman intend to do at the end of "West"?
(a) She intends to find Martha's family.
(b) She intends to get Martha some help.
(c) She intends to give Martha a Christian burial.
(d) She intends to leave Martha alone.
14. Who is Martha's first husband?
(d) Mr. Hoffman.
15. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inherits the plantation of Martha's master/owner when he dies?
2. Which character is first introduced in "The Pagan Coast"?
3. Why is Edward no longer welcome to the American Colonization Society's clubhouse?
4. Why does Martha's new owner/master decide to sell her?
5. What is the name of Edward's wife?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)