|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement does the skipper of the ship make when he goes down the dangerous part of the coast?
(a) To share the cargo.
(b) To exchange crew members.
(c) To share the profit.
(d) Mutual protection against danger.
2. Who does Joyce become friends with around December, 1939?
3. Why is Mr. Davey punished?
(a) For stealing goods.
(b) For killing someone.
(c) For treating the crew harshly.
(d) For stealing brandy.
4. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
(a) Around St. Paul's river.
(b) In Freetown.
(c) In Sierra Leone.
(d) In the Congo.
5. Where does "The Pagan Coast" take place?
(a) The American South and Africa.
(b) The American North and Europe.
(c) The American South and Europe.
(d) The American North and Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become of most of the slaves who have repatriated to Monrovia?
2. How does Hamilton spend his three months on the coast?
3. What does the mysterious woman worry about at the end of "West"? Choose the best answer.
4. When does the Duke of York set out?
5. What is Joyce's third husband's name?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)