|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is California such an appealing place to many Americans during this time period?
(a) There are more new opportunities there.
(b) None of the above.
(c) There are many plantations that offer work.
(d) The climate is colder there.
2. Who does Edward entrust to give Nash some money?
(d) Mr. Grey.
3. What is going on in California during this time period?
(a) A depression.
(b) The California Gold Rush.
(d) World War II.
4. What profession does the new owner of Martha's master's plantation have?
5. What ship is taken over while Hamilton is ashore?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Devon.
(c) The Halifax.
(d) The Fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Mr. Davey receive for misbehaving again?
2. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
3. How is Len punished for his illegal activity?
4. What nationality is Joyce's second husband?
5. Why does Martha escape?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)