|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the brandy thief punished?
(a) He is chained.
(b) He is given 12 lashes.
(c) He is stoned.
(d) He is thrown off the boat.
2. How did Martha's boyfriend acquire his home?
(a) He does not own it.
(b) He won it in a poker game.
(c) He inherited it.
(d) He bought it.
3. What best describes Nash's style of writing?
(a) He doesn't write.
(d) Erudite and intellectual.
4. How many conversions to Christianity is Nash responsible for?
5. When does the Duke of York set out?
(a) August, 1752.
(b) August, 1753.
(c) August, 1751.
(d) January, 1752.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "The Pagan Coast" take place?
2. How does Nash Williams feel towards the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
3. Where does Martha's friend go?
4. What does the Voice of Africa concede at the end of "Somewhere in England"?
5. Who is Martha's master/owner when she is with her first husband?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)