|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joyce think of government warnings?
(a) They are thoughtful and concerning.
(b) They are to be taken seriously.
(c) She is neutral towards them.
(d) They are silly and transparent.
2. Who is Tommy?
(a) Joyce's son.
(b) Len's son.
(c) Joyce's friend.
(d) Sandra's son.
3. Where does Edward board his ship to find Nash?
(a) New York Harbor.
4. What does the American Colonization Society do?
(a) It puts citizens in office.
(b) It fights to abolish slavery.
(c) It fights for rights for Africans.
(d) It repatriates Christian slaves back to Africa.
5. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Martha have?
2. What is the name of Martha's friend?
3. What happens to Martha's family after the new owner takes control of the plantation?
4. When a ship is "almost slave," what does this mean?
5. What did the first crew member die of?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)