|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 "Somewhere in England".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group arrives in the small village in "Somewhere in England"?
(a) White American soldiers.
(b) African slaves.
(c) African slave traders.
(d) Black American soldiers.
2. How many people make up the crew of the Duke of York?
3. How is the brandy thief punished?
(a) He is given 12 lashes.
(b) He is thrown off the boat.
(c) He is stoned.
(d) He is chained.
4. What happens to Martha at the end "West"?
(a) Martha finds her husband.
(b) Martha finds her daughter.
(c) Martha finds happiness in California.
(d) Martha dies.
5. Where does "Somewhere in England" take place?
(a) Liverpool, England.
(c) The English countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first crew member die of?
2. What agreement does the skipper of the ship make when he goes down the dangerous part of the coast?
3. Who is Martha's master/owner when she is with her first husband?
4. What happens to Martha's boyfriend?
5. How does Joyce's first marriage end?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)