|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
(a) They never arrive.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) None of the above.
(d) They succumb to African Fever.
2. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
(a) A cold.
(b) The African Fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
3. When does Hamilton write the first letter to his wife during his journey?
(a) February, 1753.
(b) December, 1752.
(c) January, 1752.
(d) January, 1753.
4. Where is the plantation that Martha is a slave at with her family?
5. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
(d) Edward, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hamilton acquire his ship?
2. Who overtakes the ship while Hamilton is ashore?
3. Where does Martha flee to when she escapes?
4. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
5. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)