|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Martha in a doorway?
(a) A mysterious white woman.
(b) A mysterious black woman.
(d) Eliza Mae.
2. Who is the master of the Duke of York?
(a) Mr. Ellis.
(b) Captain Jackson.
(c) Captain John Pierce.
(d) Captain James Hamilton.
3. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(b) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
4. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
(d) More cargo.
5. How does Edward feel at the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
(a) He feels jubilant and triumphant.
(b) He feels content.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels speechless and dumbstruck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
2. Who does Edward contact in Africa?
3. What happens to Edward's wife?
4. What river flows to the sea near Monrovia?
5. Where does Madison Williams reside?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)