|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship does the skipper make the agreement with?
(a) The Devon.
(b) The Mercury.
(c) The Halifax.
(d) The Fortune.
2. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A cold.
(c) The African Fever.
3. How many children does Martha have?
4. How did Hamilton acquire his ship?
(a) He inherited it from his father.
(b) He received it as a gift.
(c) He bought it.
(d) He stole it.
5. Who does Hamilton write to while he is on the ship?
(a) His father.
(b) Mr. Ellis.
(c) His mother.
(d) His new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
2. What does Edward find out about Nash from Madison?
3. Why does Martha escape?
4. What best describes Nash's style of writing?
5. What happens to Edward's wife?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)