|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha go once her boyfriend is gone?
(a) She goes to Virginia.
(b) She goes to California.
(c) She goes to Leavenworth.
(d) She goes to Dodge City, Kansas.
2. How does Martha endure the journey to California?
(a) She endures it well to the end of the journey.
(b) She gradually becomes weak and sick.
(c) She endures it strongly.
(d) She endures it joyfully.
3. Where are the Hoffmans going?
(a) They are going to Virginia.
(b) They are going to Colorado.
(c) They are going to Kansas.
(d) They are going to California.
4. Where does Martha's friend go?
(a) She goes to Denver, Colorado.
(b) She goes to Utah.
(c) She goes to California.
(d) She goes to New York.
5. When does the Duke of York reach the Canary Islands?
(a) May 1st.
(b) September 29th.
(c) August 29th.
(d) September 1st.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Hamilton find in the slaves' quarters?
2. Who finds Martha in a doorway?
3. What happens to Edward's wife?
4. What does Hamilton do with the three old women slaves that come aboard?
5. What is going on in California during this time period?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)