|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes this kind of travel in that time period?
2. Who is Mr. Davey?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The captain.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The ship's boatswain.
3. What does the American Colonization Society do?
(a) It fights to abolish slavery.
(b) It fights for rights for Africans.
(c) It repatriates Christian slaves back to Africa.
(d) It puts citizens in office.
4. What does the mysterious woman worry about at the end of "West"? Choose the best answer.
(a) She worries about what people will say about her for taking care of Martha.
(b) She worries about not having learned Martha's name before she died.
(c) She worries about what to do with Martha.
(d) She worries about Martha's health.
5. How is Mr. Davey punished?
(a) He is thrown off the boat.
(b) He is put in chains.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is whipped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
2. Who does Edward contact in Africa?
3. What is Hamilton's nationality?
4. Why does Martha's new owner/master decide to sell her?
5. What does Hamilton do as a result of the events of the tornado?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)