|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period does "The Pagan Coast" take place in?
2. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(b) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
3. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
(a) Sierra Leone.
4. Why does Martha's new owner/master decide to sell her?
(a) She was not productive enough.
(b) She disobeyed him.
(c) The owner did not like her.
(d) The owner's farm failed.
5. Why does Martha escape?
(a) She wants to go to Virginia.
(b) She wants to go to Europe.
(c) She does not want to endure another slave auction.
(d) She wants to go to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Martha's first husband?
2. What is Nash's primary occupation circa 1840?
3. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
4. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
5. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)