|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 "West".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does the new owner of Martha's master's plantation have?
2. How does Edward feel at the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
(a) He feels content.
(b) He feels jubilant and triumphant.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He feels speechless and dumbstruck.
3. What does Edward find out about Nash from Madison?
(a) He is never found.
(b) He continues to be a missionary in Africa.
(c) He goes back to America with Edward.
(d) He dies of the African Fever.
4. When was Edward Williams born?
5. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
(a) He spends all his money to fulfill his vices.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He has been robbed.
(d) He does business in an ethical and Christian way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is first introduced in "The Pagan Coast"?
2. What time period did most of "West" take place in?
3. Why is California such an appealing place to many Americans during this time period?
4. Who was Martha's daughter presumably sold to?
5. What does the mysterious woman intend to do at the end of "West"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)