|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(d) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
2. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
(a) Abolishing slavery.
(b) Bringing western civilization to Liberia.
(c) Bringing the word of the Gospel to heathens.
(d) Getting rid of slaves to relieve social stress in the United States.
3. Where does Edward board his ship to find Nash?
(b) New York Harbor.
4. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He does business in an ethical and Christian way.
(c) He spends all his money to fulfill his vices.
(d) He has been robbed.
5. Which character is first introduced in "The Pagan Coast"?
(a) Nash Williams
(b) Edward Williams.
(c) Madison Williams.
(d) Amelia Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
2. What river flows to the sea near Monrovia?
3. What time period does "The Pagan Coast" take place in?
4. Where does Madison Williams reside?
5. How does Nash Williams feel towards the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)