|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nash's primary occupation circa 1840?
(b) Running a mission school.
2. What does Edward find when he reaches Nash's settlement?
(a) A successful church run by Nash.
(b) Rusting farm equipment in a riverbank.
(c) A successful farm with many crops.
(d) A thriving missionary school.
3. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
(a) None of the above.
(b) They succumb to African Fever.
(c) They never arrive.
(d) They are murdered.
4. What does Nash request assistance from Edward for?
(b) Finding a wife.
(c) A boat.
(d) Supplies for a mission school.
5. When does Edward receive the letter from the American Colonization Society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward find out about Nash from Madison?
2. What does the American Colonization Society do?
3. How does Edward feel at the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
4. What happens to Edward's wife?
5. What is the name of Edward's wife?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)