|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nash's primary occupation circa 1840?
(c) Running a mission school.
2. Who does Edward hire to run errands for him?
(b) Mr. Grey.
3. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
(c) Edward, Jr.
4. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
(a) None of the above.
(b) They succumb to African Fever.
(c) They are murdered.
(d) They never arrive.
5. What has become of most of the slaves who have repatriated to Monrovia?
(a) They have become lazy and corrupted by vices.
(b) None of the above.
(c) They have become successful farmers.
(d) They have become successful missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Edward's wife?
2. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
3. What happens to Edward's wife?
4. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
5. What best describes Nash's style of writing?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)