|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to many slaves that repatriate to Liberia?
(a) They succumb to African Fever.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They never arrive.
(d) None of the above.
2. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(b) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
3. What is the name of Nash's first son?
(a) Nash, Jr.
4. What are the requirements for a slave to be liberated and selected by their master to enter the American Colonization Society's program?
(a) Navigation skills.
(b) An aptitude for education and Christian values.
(c) An aptitude for hard labor.
(d) Farming skills.
5. Why is Edward no longer welcome to the American Colonization Society's clubhouse?
(a) His reputation has followed him to Africa.
(b) He does not pay the fees required to join their club.
(c) He has offended them.
(d) He embarrasses some members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "The Pagan Coast" take place?
2. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
3. What does the American Colonization Society do?
4. How does Edward get to Monrovia from Sierra Leone?
5. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)