|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of most of the slaves who have repatriated to Monrovia?
(a) They have become successful missionaries.
(b) They have become successful farmers.
(c) None of the above.
(d) They have become lazy and corrupted by vices.
2. What is the African Fever?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small Pox.
3. What Christian missionaries have been trying to steal Nash's converts?
(c) Presbyterians, Methodists, and Baptists.
4. How does Edward feel at the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
(a) He feels content.
(b) He feels jubilant and triumphant.
(c) He feels speechless and dumbstruck.
(d) He feels angry.
5. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
(b) Edward, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madison Williams's occupation?
2. What happens to Nash's first son and first wife?
3. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
4. What is the American Colonization Society?
5. What does the American Colonization Society do?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)