|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period does "The Pagan Coast" take place in?
2. Who does Edward contact in Africa?
(b) Mr. Grey.
3. Who does Edward entrust to give Nash some money?
(a) Mr. Grey.
4. What does the American Colonization Society do?
(a) It fights for rights for Africans.
(b) It repatriates Christian slaves back to Africa.
(c) It puts citizens in office.
(d) It fights to abolish slavery.
5. What has become of most of the slaves who have repatriated to Monrovia?
(a) They have become lazy and corrupted by vices.
(b) None of the above.
(c) They have become successful farmers.
(d) They have become successful missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
2. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
3. What is Madison Williams's occupation?
4. How does Edward get to Monrovia from Sierra Leone?
5. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)