|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward think of Nash's request for assistance?
(a) It is noble.
(b) It is childish.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is unnecessary, but he will comply.
2. How does Nash Williams feel towards the end of "The Pagan Coast"?
(a) He feels joyful.
(b) He feels triumphant.
(c) He feels bitter and resentful.
(d) He feels content.
3. What river flows to the sea near Monrovia?
(a) The Monrovia river.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The St. Paul's river.
(d) The Liberian river.
4. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
(a) He has been robbed.
(b) He does business in an ethical and Christian way.
(c) He spends all his money to fulfill his vices.
(d) He is lazy.
5. What does the American Colonization Society recognize as a secondary benefit of their program?
(a) Getting rid of slaves to relieve social stress in the United States.
(b) Bringing the word of the Gospel to heathens.
(c) Abolishing slavery.
(d) Bringing western civilization to Liberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nash's school?
2. What kind of plantation does Edward own?
3. What does Edward find out about Nash from Madison?
4. What is the name of the ship that Edward boards to find Nash?
5. When does Edward receive the letter from the American Colonization Society?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)