|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
(b) A cold.
(c) The African Fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
2. Why is Edward no longer welcome to the American Colonization Society's clubhouse?
(a) He embarrasses some members.
(b) He does not pay the fees required to join their club.
(c) He has offended them.
(d) His reputation has followed him to Africa.
3. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
(a) In Sierra Leone.
(b) In the Congo.
(c) Around St. Paul's river.
(d) In Freetown.
4. Who does Edward contact in Africa?
(d) Mr. Grey.
5. Who is the most successful missionary sent to Africa in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do most slaves who go back to Africa stay?
2. When was Edward Williams born?
3. What does Edward find out about Nash from Madison?
4. How does Edward get to Monrovia from Sierra Leone?
5. What does Edward find when he reaches Nash's settlement?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)