|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 "The Pagan Coast".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conversions to Christianity is Nash responsible for?
2. What are the requirements for a slave to be liberated and selected by their master to enter the American Colonization Society's program?
(a) An aptitude for hard labor.
(b) Navigation skills.
(c) An aptitude for education and Christian values.
(d) Farming skills.
3. What is the name of the ship that Edward boards to find Nash?
(a) The Mayflower.
(b) The Sierra Leone.
(c) The Mercury.
(d) The Duke of York.
4. What does the letter that Edward Williams receives say?
(a) Contact with Nash Williams is lost.
(b) Madison Williams is dead.
(c) Amelia Williams is dead.
(d) Nash Williams is dead.
5. Why are things difficult for Nash economically?
(a) He does business in an ethical and Christian way.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He spends all his money to fulfill his vices.
(d) He has been robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Edward receive the letter from the American Colonization Society?
2. Who does Edward hire to run errands for him?
3. Which character is first introduced in "The Pagan Coast"?
4. What illness is Edward struck with on his journey to Africa?
5. What happens to Edward's wife?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)