|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman intend to do at the end of "West"?
(a) She intends to find Martha's family.
(b) She intends to give Martha a Christian burial.
(c) She intends to leave Martha alone.
(d) She intends to get Martha some help.
2. What happens to Nash's first son and first wife?
(a) They die on the way to Africa.
(b) They survive the African Fever.
(c) They are murdered by white settlers.
(d) They die of the African Fever.
3. What word best describes this kind of travel in that time period?
4. Where does "The Pagan Coast" take place?
(a) The American South and Africa.
(b) The American South and Europe.
(c) The American North and Europe.
(d) The American North and Africa.
5. Who overtakes the ship while Hamilton is ashore?
(a) The cargo of slaves on it.
(b) The crewmembers on it.
(c) Captain Hamilton.
(d) Another ship's crewmembers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton do as a result of the events of the tornado?
2. What ship does the Duke of York pass when they arrive?
3. What did the first crew member die of?
4. What does Hamilton buy to discourage insurrection?
5. What punishment does Mr. Davey receive for misbehaving again?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)