|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman worry about at the end of "West"? Choose the best answer.
(a) She worries about not having learned Martha's name before she died.
(b) She worries about what to do with Martha.
(c) She worries about Martha's health.
(d) She worries about what people will say about her for taking care of Martha.
2. Why is California such an appealing place to Martha? Choose the best answer.
(a) She thinks she will find her daughter there.
(b) She wants to see her friend.
(c) She wants to start fresh with new opportunities.
(d) She hopes to find her husband there.
3. Where are the Hoffmans going?
(a) They are going to California.
(b) They are going to Kansas.
(c) They are going to Virginia.
(d) They are going to Colorado.
4. What happens to Nash's first son and first wife?
(a) They die of the African Fever.
(b) They are murdered by white settlers.
(c) They die on the way to Africa.
(d) They survive the African Fever.
5. What is the African Fever?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small Pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overtakes the ship while Hamilton is ashore?
2. How many years has Nash been in Liberia?
3. Where does the Duke of York set sail from?
4. What happens six weeks into the journey to California?
5. What does Hamilton do as a result of the events of the tornado?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)