|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 "Crossing the River".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first crew member die of?
(d) He was killed.
2. Where is Martha when she is having her flashbacks?
(b) Dodge City, Kansas.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
3. Where does Nash Williams establish his settlement?
(a) In Sierra Leone.
(b) In Freetown.
(c) In the Congo.
(d) Around St. Paul's river.
4. What punishment does Mr. Davey receive for misbehaving again?
(a) He is thrown overboard.
(b) He is lashed.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is impressed in a man-of-war.
5. Where does Edward board his ship to find Nash?
(d) New York Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Martha about the old master's death?
2. What has become of most of the slaves who have repatriated to Monrovia?
3. What kind of cabin was Martha left in?
4. Which slave does Edward "adopt" first?
5. Where is the "cargo" being transported?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)