|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy offer the doctor as payment for Boyd's care?
2. What is Billy's mother's first name?
3. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
4. What does Billy tell the stranger about Boyd?
5. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Boyd Parham. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two examples about greed in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of greed.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)