|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Mr. Parham used to ride?
2. Billy finds a job with an outfit formerly known as _________________.
3. Who/what does Billy find when he arrives at the Munoz house again?
4. What does Billy tell Mr. Sanders that his plans are now?
5. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Billy Parham. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two examples about greed in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of greed.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does McCarthy use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)