|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
2. Where does Billy sleep when he reaches his destination?
3. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
4. What is unusual about this morning?
5. What does Billy do in the days after he buries Boyd?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of doing the right thing. Identify at least two examples about doing the right thing in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of doing the right thing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Boyd Parham. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 3
THE CROSSING is written in the Western genre. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)