|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new item does Billy have with him for this trip into Mexico?
2. Why does the leader of the bandits berate one of his men?
3. What affliction does the animal seem to have?
4. How old is Billy when he goes to the army recruiting station?
5. What does the girl reply when Billy tells her about Boyd's dead twin sister.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Billy finally bury Boyd?
2. What help does Billy secure for the wounded Boyd?
3. Who does Billy visit before setting off on another long trip?
4. Why are some of the people in a bar mad at Billy without even knowing him?
5. What is Boyd's condition when Billy returns to get him at the Munoz farm?
6. How does Billy finally obtain papers of ownership for the stolen horses?
7. What are the circumstances in which Billy meets the gypsies?
8. What does Billy's jealousy of Boyd's relationship with the girl prompt Billy to tell the girl?
9. Where does Billy search for Boyd and what does he learn about his brother?
10. What does Billy do when he finds Boyd's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Billy Parham. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mr. Parham. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point?
Essay Topic 3
McCarthy is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)