|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's mother's first name?
2. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(b) Plans his trip.
(c) Smokes cigarettes.
3. What is the name of the horse that Mr. Parham used to ride?
4. What does Billy do the morning after he sleeps in the barn?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Makes coffee.
(c) Calls for the dog.
(d) Heads for home.
5. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(b) Boiled eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals is pulling the gypsy cart?
2. What does a girl in the young girl's hometown tell Billy?
3. What is unusual about this morning?
4. What does Billy offer the doctor as payment for Boyd's care?
5. How was the man blinded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream that Billy has about Boyd?
2. What physical defect disqualifies Billy from enlisting in the army?
3. What sort of life direction does the border guard give Billy?
4. What name does Billy use when he signs the army enlistment form?
5. Why does the army recruiter seem to take a special interest in Billy?
6. Where does Billy search for Boyd and what does he learn about his brother?
7. What are the circumstances in which Boyd gets shot?
8. What does Billy's jealousy of Boyd's relationship with the girl prompt Billy to tell the girl?
9. Why are some of the people in a bar mad at Billy without even knowing him?
10. Who does Billy visit before setting off on another long trip?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)