|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(a) Smokes cigarettes.
(b) Plans his trip.
2. Where does Billy cross the border back into the United States?
(a) Columbus, New Mexico.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Nogales, Arizona.
(d) El Paso, Texas.
3. What does Billy do in the days after he buries Boyd?
(a) Returns to the family ranch.
(b) Marries Mr. Sanderson's granddaughter.
(c) Buries Mr. Sanderson.
(d) Rides out again with no destination.
4. What request does Boyd ask of Billy?
(a) To pray for him.
(b) To give him more whiskey.
(c) To go get the girl.
(d) To go on without him.
5. Where does Billy get into an altercation with a man soon after entering Mexico?
(a) A stable.
(b) A cantina.
(c) A cattle drive.
(d) A festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff say to Billy when he finds him digging a grave for Boyd?
2. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
3. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
4. Toward what city does Billy ride after crossing the border?
5. What happens to Boyd as he attempts to round up some of the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boyd begin to attain the role of a folk hero?
2. What do Billy and Boyd do when they find some of the horses that were stolen from their ranch?
3. What help does Billy secure for the wounded Boyd?
4. With what group does Billy find work and what does he do with his first paycheck?
5. What is Boyd's condition when Billy returns to get him at the Munoz farm?
6. What physical defect disqualifies Billy from enlisting in the army?
7. What surprise decision does Boyd make as he is healing?
8. What does Billy do when he finds Boyd's grave?
9. Where does Billy search for Boyd and what does he learn about his brother?
10. What is the dream that Billy has about Boyd?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)