|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Parham's younger brother?
2. What is the name of Billy's hometown?
(a) Pine Bluffs.
(d) Twin City.
3. What does the man in the ghost town advise Billy to do?
(a) Return home.
(b) Buy a ranch.
(c) Go east.
(d) Buy a new horse.
4. In what state does Billy Parham live?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What does Billy not do when setting a trap at the vaqueros' recently abandoned campsite?
(a) Was the trap.
(b) Hide the trap.
(c) Hide his scent.
(d) Alert the vaqueros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy refuses to leave the Mexican town without ________________.
2. What are Billy and Boyd pulling when they encounter an Indian?
3. How does Billy incapacitate the wolf?
4. What phrase does Billy utter as he makes his sudden decision upon leaving the campsite?
5. What does Billy tell the man about the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances do the boys encounter the young girl?
2. What are Mr. Parham's instructions for Billy when he heads out to check the wolf traps?
3. How do Billy and Boyd discuss their parents' murders?
4. How much of Billy's decision not to return home is a conscious decision?
5. How does Billy reunite with Boyd and how do they escape?
6. What is the relationship between Billy and Boyd and what mention is made of any other family members at the beginning of the novel?
7. What happened to the family dog during the murderous attacks?
8. Describe how Billy manages to subdue the wolf.
9. How does Billy provide food and water for the wolf on the trip?
10. Describe the boys' encounter with an Indian while they are out gathering wood one day.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)