|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's immediate reaction upon seeing the wolf?
(a) He wants to shoot it.
(b) He wants to run away.
(c) His father told him to come get him.
(d) He wants to pet it.
2. How many dogs attack the wolf at one time?
3. An old man in an Indian tribe warns Billy of ______________________.
(a) the mounted rangers.
(b) the dangers of being alone too much.
(c) the snakes in the desert.
(d) the coyotes in the mountains.
4. What does the cow drag through the woods?
5. Which Parham family members have already died by the time the family moves?
(a) Sister and grandmother.
(b) Both grandfathers
(c) Brother and grandmother.
(d) Two sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Billy's hometown?
2. What happened to the boys' dog during the attack at the Parhams' ranch?
3. What sudden decision does Billy make as he leads the wolf away from the campsite?
4. What do the men do with the wolf?
5. Billy refuses to leave the Mexican town without ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has made the wolf leave her home in Mexico to roam in the United States?
2. What eventually happens to the wolf?
3. What happens when the wolf gets free of her muzzle?
4. Where does Billy stop with the wolf on the way to Mexico and what care is provided for them?
5. Describe the boys' encounter with an Indian while they are out gathering wood one day.
6. Under what circumstances do the boys encounter the young girl?
7. What does Billy do with the dead wolf?
8. How do Billy and Boyd discuss their parents' murders?
9. How much of Billy's decision not to return home is a conscious decision?
10. What trouble waits for Billy after crossing the river with the wolf who can't swim because of being muzzled?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)