|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Billy and Boyd see walking on the road?
(a) A young couple.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A group of old women.
(d) A priest.
2. Who do Billy and Boyd rescue?
(a) A calf.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A fisherman.
3. What name does the man in the ranch house call Billy?
4. In what state does Billy Parham live?
(d) New Mexico.
5. Why had the wolf crossed into the United States from Mexico?
(a) She got lost.
(b) She was chased by poachers.
(c) She saw her mate caught in a trap.
(d) There is no more food in her home area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the boys see a little bit later on the same road?
2. What does the rancher's wife ask one of the ranch hands to do?
3. Who rides with Billy and Boyd?
4. Where do Billy and Boyd spend weeks traveling?
5. What do the Parhams do in Mr. Echols' cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What life lesson does Billy learn when he visits the old man to talk about trapping?
2. How does the relationship between Billy and Boyd seem to deepen as they travel together?
3. How does the old Indian foreshadow Billy's life?
4. How do Billy and Boyd discuss their parents' murders?
5. What is the relationship between Billy and Boyd and what mention is made of any other family members at the beginning of the novel?
6. When is the last time that Billy sees his father?
7. What are Mr. Parham's instructions for Billy when he heads out to check the wolf traps?
8. Cite some examples that point out the relationship between Billy and Boyd.
9. Where does Billy stop with the wolf on the way to Mexico and what care is provided for them?
10. How does Billy provide food and water for the wolf on the trip?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)