|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy put around the wolf's snout?
(a) Burlap bag.
2. Where is the wolf put while Billy has dinner with the man in the ranch house?
(a) The barn.
(b) The smokehouse.
(c) The ice house.
(d) The cellar.
3. How does Billy warn the vaqueros about the new trap in the abandoned campfire?
(a) Nails a note to a tree.
(b) He points an arrow to the spot.
(c) Puts a note under a rock.
(d) Writes a note in the dirt.
4. Billy chops the heart and liver of a _____________ for the wolf to eat.
5. When Billy shoots a ___________, he and the wolf eat the entire thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians do when they see Billy and Boyd?
2. Who is the rancher's wife?
3. What are Billy and Boyd doing when they encounter some Indians?
4. What does Billy learn about his parents when he returns to his home?
5. What does Boyd say about the men who killed his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has made the wolf leave her home in Mexico to roam in the United States?
2. What does Billy do with the dead wolf?
3. Describe how Billy manages to subdue the wolf.
4. When is the last time that Billy sees his father?
5. What do the men want from Billy and how does he respond to their demands?
6. How does Billy reunite with Boyd and how do they escape?
7. Under what circumstances do the boys encounter the young girl?
8. Where does Billy stop with the wolf on the way to Mexico and what care is provided for them?
9. What eventually happens to the wolf?
10. How does Billy manage to survive after he buries the wolf?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)