|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy cross the border back into the United States?
(a) El Paso, Texas.
(b) Nogales, Arizona.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Columbus, New Mexico.
2. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It is only a game.
(b) It will definitely come true.
(c) She has never been wrong.
(d) It is up to him what his future will be.
3. How old is Billy when he goes to the army recruiting station?
4. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
(d) A chair.
5. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A dry cleaners.
(b) A diner.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A stable.
6. Where does Billy go to sleep off a hangover after leaving the cantina?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A cave.
(c) An open barn.
(d) A hotel.
7. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is stabbed in the chest.
8. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Nine weeks.
9. How was the man blinded?
(a) He had a hunting accident.
(b) He was born that way.
(c) His eyes were sucked out as a punishment.
(d) He has a degenerative disease.
10. What happens to Boyd as he attempts to round up some of the horses?
(a) He faints.
(b) He falls into a ravine.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is thrown from his horse.
11. What reason does the doctor give for Billy's not being able to join the military?
(b) Flat feet.
(c) Heart murmur.
12. What does the young girl want to do?
(a) Return home.
(b) Stay with a rancher's family.
(c) Go out on her own.
(d) Go with Billy and Boyd.
13. What does the sheriff say to Billy when he finds him digging a grave for Boyd?
(a) He thought it would be Billy.
(b) He is sorry for his loss.
(c) He can't bury Boyd without permission.
(d) He would be happy to get him some help.
14. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(b) Boiled eggs.
15. Who does Billy visit before heading back to Mexico?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Mr. Sanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell Mr. Sanders that his plans are now?
2. What does a girl in the young girl's hometown tell Billy?
3. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
4. How old is Boyd when he runs away with the girl?
5. What do Boyd and the girl do that surprises Billy?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)