|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) She has never been wrong.
(b) It is up to him what his future will be.
(c) It is only a game.
(d) It will definitely come true.
2. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
(a) They are recruiting outlaws.
(b) They are border patrol guards.
(c) They want the horses back.
(d) They are looking for runaways.
3. What is the name of the family at whose farm Boyd has been recovering?
4. What healing concoction do the gypsies give the horse?
(a) Hot water with leaves.
(b) Olive oil and cayenne.
(c) Hot water with whiskey.
(d) Sassafras tea.
5. What does Billy do the morning after he sleeps in the barn?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Calls for the dog.
(c) Makes coffee.
(d) Heads for home.
6. What do Billy and Boyd eat for dinner after rescuing their horses?
(a) Beef jerky.
7. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(a) A lame horse.
(b) A rifle.
(d) A paper of ownership.
8. How old is Billy when he goes to the army recruiting station?
9. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
(a) Spur wounds.
(c) Cactus punctures.
(d) Stab wounds.
10. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(c) Boiled eggs.
11. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(a) Plans his trip.
(b) Smokes cigarettes.
12. In what city does Billy try to enter the army a second time?
(b) El Paso.
13. What request does Boyd ask of Billy?
(a) To pray for him.
(b) To give him more whiskey.
(c) To go on without him.
(d) To go get the girl.
14. How does Billy try to help the wounded horse?
(a) Gives him whiskey to drink.
(b) Makes bandages from a shirt.
(c) Packs the wound with clay.
(d) Rubs salve on his wound.
15. Who is tending more of the Parhams' horses when Billy and Boyd find them?
(a) Two young boys.
(b) Three girls.
(c) A rancher.
(d) A cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Boyd's tombstone, what date did Boyd die?
2. Where does Billy sleep when he reaches his destination?
3. How old is Boyd when he runs away with the girl?
4. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
5. What does the young girl want to do?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)