|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor accept as payment for his services?
2. What happens to one of the men who approach Billy and Boyd and engage in a melee?
(a) His skull is fractured.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) His arm is shattered.
(d) His back is broken.
3. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Nine days.
4. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A diner.
(c) A dry cleaners.
(d) A stable.
5. What does the animal represent for Billy?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His cruelty.
(c) His inability to retrieve his life.
(d) His redemption.
6. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
7. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(a) Plans his trip.
(b) Smokes cigarettes.
8. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is stoned.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is stabbed in the chest.
(d) He is shot.
9. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
10. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a stream.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In a tree.
11. Why is it impossible for Billy to get into the army even if a doctor passes him through?
(a) An army doctor will find his problem.
(b) He is not a U.S. citizen.
(c) He is the oldest surviving male in his family.
(d) He is too young.
12. How was the man blinded?
(a) He has a degenerative disease.
(b) He had a hunting accident.
(c) He was born that way.
(d) His eyes were sucked out as a punishment.
13. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
(b) Stab wounds.
(c) Spur wounds.
(d) Cactus punctures.
14. What is the only way Billy can join the military at his age?
(a) If his parents sign the consent.
(b) If he lies.
(c) If he knows a Congressman.
(d) If he alters his birth certificate.
15. What does Boyd loan the young girl before they leave?
(c) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy, Boyd, and the young girl stay for awhile?
2. In Billy's dream, what does Boyd reply when Billy asks him what it's like to be dead?
3. What reason does the doctor give for Billy's not being able to join the military?
4. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
5. Who catches up to Billy and Boyd when they are trying to escape with their horses?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)