|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman who gives food to Billy also reads his palm and tells him about __________________.
(a) His father and mother.
(b) Boyd and the girl.
(c) His future wife.
(d) His two dead brothers.
2. What name does Billy sign on his army induction form?
(a) John William Parham.
(b) Ella Mae Parham.
(c) William Edward Parham.
(d) Louisa May Parham.
3. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(b) Old hubcap.
(d) Bath tub.
4. What does a girl in the young girl's hometown tell Billy?
(a) Boyd and the young girl have moved back east.
(b) Boyd is buried in San Buenaventura.
(c) Boyd left the young girl to return home.
(d) Boyd and the young girl married recently.
5. How long does Billy work without seeing anyone?
(a) A couple days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Several months.
(d) Two weeks.
6. What kind of animal joins Billy as he seeks shelter from the rain?
(a) A fox.
(b) A deer.
(c) A dog.
(d) A wolf.
7. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(b) A lame horse.
(c) A paper of ownership.
(d) A rifle.
8. What does Billy tell Mr. Sanders that his plans are now?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To get a factory job.
(c) To "hire on somewheres."
(d) To find a girl and get married.
9. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
(b) A chair.
10. How does Billy try to help the wounded horse?
(a) Makes bandages from a shirt.
(b) Rubs salve on his wound.
(c) Gives him whiskey to drink.
(d) Packs the wound with clay.
11. What do the children in the barn say about Billy the next morning?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is unconscious.
12. Where does Billy sleep when he reaches his destination?
(a) Bus station.
(b) Homeless shelter.
(c) Train station.
13. What does Billy do with Boyd's body when he finds it?
(a) Donates the body to science.
(b) Has the body cremated.
(c) Wraps it in tarp and puts it on a packhorse.
(d) Puts the lid back on the coffin and buries it.
14. What healing concoction do the gypsies give the horse?
(a) Hot water with leaves.
(b) Sassafras tea.
(c) Olive oil and cayenne.
(d) Hot water with whiskey.
15. What does Billy learn when he returns to the home of the doctor?
(a) The doctor has died.
(b) The doctor has moved back east.
(c) The doctor is no longer practicing.
(d) The doctor has been taken hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the border guard tell Billy when he crosses back into the U.S.?
2. What does Billy offer the doctor as payment for Boyd's care?
3. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
4. Who/what does Billy find when he arrives at the Munoz house again?
5. What does the man who had once given the boys permission to take the horses tell Billy?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)