|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal joins Billy as he seeks shelter from the rain?
(a) A dog.
(b) A deer.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A fox.
2. The waitress gives Billy a free meal of __________________.
(a) Hash and coffee.
(b) Sausage gravy and biscuits.
(c) Pancakes and juice.
(d) Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.
3. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(b) Boiled eggs.
4. What does Billy do with Boyd's body when he finds it?
(a) Puts the lid back on the coffin and buries it.
(b) Has the body cremated.
(c) Wraps it in tarp and puts it on a packhorse.
(d) Donates the body to science.
5. What does Billy tell the stranger about Boyd?
(a) Boyd was a better shot than Billy is.
(b) Boyd committed suicide.
(c) Boyd was better at life than Billy is.
(d) Boyd was lucky at cards.
6. Where does Billy sleep when he reaches his destination?
(a) Homeless shelter.
(c) Bus station.
(d) Train station.
7. What does the animal represent for Billy?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His redemption.
(c) His inability to retrieve his life.
(d) His cruelty.
8. What does Billy learn when he returns to the home of the doctor?
(a) The doctor is no longer practicing.
(b) The doctor has moved back east.
(c) The doctor has been taken hostage.
(d) The doctor has died.
9. According to the army recruiter, one in ___________ boys who sign up for the military are not yet 18.
10. What does the doctor's servant return to the farm where the Parham boys are staying the next day?
(a) Billy's money.
(b) Billy's horse.
(c) Billy's knife.
(d) Boyd's horse.
11. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
(a) They are looking for runaways.
(b) They want the horses back.
(c) They are recruiting outlaws.
(d) They are border patrol guards.
12. Where does Billy go after his failed army entry attempts?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) San Diego.
(d) SK Bar ranch.
13. How old is Boyd when he runs away with the girl?
14. What does a girl in the young girl's hometown tell Billy?
(a) Boyd is buried in San Buenaventura.
(b) Boyd and the young girl have moved back east.
(c) Boyd left the young girl to return home.
(d) Boyd and the young girl married recently.
15. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(a) A rifle.
(c) A paper of ownership.
(d) A lame horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the man blinded?
2. What does the sheriff say to Billy when he finds him digging a grave for Boyd?
3. The woman who gives food to Billy also reads his palm and tells him about __________________.
4. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
5. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)