|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the doctor give for Billy's not being able to join the military?
(a) Heart murmur.
(c) Flat feet.
2. Who/what does Billy find when he arrives at the Munoz house again?
(a) The Munoz family.
(b) No one is there.
(c) A couple of vaqueros.
(d) Boyd and the girl.
3. What does the sheriff say to Billy when he finds him digging a grave for Boyd?
(a) He thought it would be Billy.
(b) He would be happy to get him some help.
(c) He can't bury Boyd without permission.
(d) He is sorry for his loss.
4. What does Billy give Boyd to drink before the doctor operates?
5. What request does Boyd ask of Billy?
(a) To go get the girl.
(b) To pray for him.
(c) To go on without him.
(d) To give him more whiskey.
6. What does Billy tell the stranger about Boyd?
(a) Boyd was a better shot than Billy is.
(b) Boyd was lucky at cards.
(c) Boyd committed suicide.
(d) Boyd was better at life than Billy is.
7. Where does Billy find shelter from the desert rain one evening?
(a) A ranch.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cave.
(d) An abandoned way station.
8. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(a) Old hubcap.
(c) Bath tub.
9. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is stoned.
(b) He is stabbed in the chest.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is shot.
10. What does the doctor accept as payment for his services?
11. What fact about Boyd does Billy tell the girl?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) He had a twin sister who died.
(c) He is tone deaf.
(d) He is color blind.
12. What is the name of the family at whose farm Boyd has been recovering?
13. What is the only way Billy can join the military at his age?
(a) If he alters his birth certificate.
(b) If his parents sign the consent.
(c) If he lies.
(d) If he knows a Congressman.
14. What new item does Billy have with him for this trip into Mexico?
15. What affliction does the animal seem to have?
(a) Hearing problem.
(c) Open wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
2. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
3. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
4. What does the army recruiter give to Billy and the other boys?
5. How does Billy try to help the wounded horse?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)