|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billy finds a job with an outfit formerly known as _________________.
2. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
3. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It is only a game.
(b) She has never been wrong.
(c) It is up to him what his future will be.
(d) It will definitely come true.
4. How was the man blinded?
(a) He has a degenerative disease.
(b) He was born that way.
(c) He had a hunting accident.
(d) His eyes were sucked out as a punishment.
5. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(a) Plans his trip.
(d) Smokes cigarettes.
6. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(b) Boiled eggs.
7. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(a) Bath tub.
(b) Old hubcap.
8. What healing concoction do the gypsies give the horse?
(a) Sassafras tea.
(b) Olive oil and cayenne.
(c) Hot water with leaves.
(d) Hot water with whiskey.
9. In Billy's dream, what does Boyd reply when Billy asks him what it's like to be dead?
(a) He says it is the ultimate peace.
(b) He says it is nothingness.
(c) He says it is mystical.
(d) He does not answer.
10. What do Boyd and the girl do that surprises Billy?
(a) Leave without telling him.
(b) Get married.
(c) Return to the Parham ranch.
(d) Throw a birthday party for him.
11. According to Boyd's tombstone, what date did Boyd die?
(a) February 24, 1943.
(b) February 24, 1915.
(c) February 24, 1963.
(d) February 24, 1951.
12. What is unusual about this morning?
(a) It is unseasonably cold.
(b) It is very dark.
(c) It is unbearably sunny.
(d) It is the day Billy decides to go home for good.
13. Why are some men in the bar angry at Billy?
(a) He isn't in uniform.
(b) He cheats at cards.
(c) He doesn't buy drinks for anybody.
(d) He is flirting with their girlfriends.
14. Who catches up to Billy and Boyd when they are trying to escape with their horses?
(a) The sheriff and deputies.
(b) Two old men.
(c) A boy and vaqueros.
(d) A rancher and ranch hands.
15. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor accept as payment for his services?
2. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
3. What is the only way Billy can join the military at his age?
4. Toward what city does Billy ride after crossing the border?
5. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)