|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the army recruiter, one in ___________ boys who sign up for the military are not yet 18.
2. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It will definitely come true.
(b) It is up to him what his future will be.
(c) It is only a game.
(d) She has never been wrong.
3. What does the animal represent for Billy?
(a) His inability to retrieve his life.
(b) His loyalty.
(c) His redemption.
(d) His cruelty.
4. What does Billy learn when he returns to the home of the doctor?
(a) The doctor has died.
(b) The doctor is no longer practicing.
(c) The doctor has been taken hostage.
(d) The doctor has moved back east.
5. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
(a) A chair.
6. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
(a) They are looking for runaways.
(b) They are recruiting outlaws.
(c) They are border patrol guards.
(d) They want the horses back.
7. What is Billy's mother's first name?
8. What request does Boyd ask of Billy?
(a) To go get the girl.
(b) To give him more whiskey.
(c) To pray for him.
(d) To go on without him.
9. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
(a) French coffee.
(b) English tea.
(c) Italian wine.
(d) Mexican mescal.
10. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(a) Boiled eggs.
11. What does Billy give Boyd to drink before the doctor operates?
12. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
13. How old is Boyd when he runs away with the girl?
14. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is stabbed in the chest.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is shot.
15. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches up to Billy and Boyd when they are trying to escape with their horses?
2. In what city does Billy try to enter the army a second time?
3. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
4. What drink does the Mexican man refuse to drink?
5. What does the doctor accept as payment for his services?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)