|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy get into an altercation with a man soon after entering Mexico?
(a) A stable.
(b) A festival.
(c) A cattle drive.
(d) A cantina.
2. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
(a) They are border patrol guards.
(b) They want the horses back.
(c) They are recruiting outlaws.
(d) They are looking for runaways.
3. What does Billy note about his life now that Boyd is gone?
(a) It is less.
(b) It is better.
(c) It is the end.
(d) It is quieter.
4. What does the man who had once given the boys permission to take the horses tell Billy?
(a) Boyd was hanged for cattle rustling.
(b) Boyd was killed in retaliation for killing another man.
(c) Boyd committed suicide.
(d) Boyd was killed in a barroom brawl.
5. What kind of animal joins Billy as he seeks shelter from the rain?
(a) A deer.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A dog.
6. The woman who gives food to Billy also reads his palm and tells him about __________________.
(a) His father and mother.
(b) Boyd and the girl.
(c) His future wife.
(d) His two dead brothers.
7. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A diner.
(b) A stable.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A dry cleaners.
8. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
9. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(a) Smokes cigarettes.
(d) Plans his trip.
10. The waitress gives Billy a free meal of __________________.
(a) Sausage gravy and biscuits.
(b) Hash and coffee.
(c) Pancakes and juice.
(d) Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.
11. Who/what does Billy find when he arrives at the Munoz house again?
(a) The Munoz family.
(b) A couple of vaqueros.
(c) No one is there.
(d) Boyd and the girl.
12. How was the man blinded?
(a) He has a degenerative disease.
(b) He had a hunting accident.
(c) He was born that way.
(d) His eyes were sucked out as a punishment.
13. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
(a) The swift passing of time.
(b) The unusual path of his life.
(c) His temperament.
(d) His search for live.
14. What does the sheriff say to Billy when he finds him digging a grave for Boyd?
(a) He is sorry for his loss.
(b) He thought it would be Billy.
(c) He would be happy to get him some help.
(d) He can't bury Boyd without permission.
15. What does Billy give Boyd to drink before the doctor operates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
2. What does the young girl want to do?
3. What do Boyd and the girl do that surprises Billy?
4. What does the doctor's servant return to the farm where the Parham boys are staying the next day?
5. The young girl tells Billy that her grandmother had been married and widowed __________ times by the age of 20.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)