|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
(a) His temperament.
(b) His search for live.
(c) The unusual path of his life.
(d) The swift passing of time.
2. Billy finds a job with an outfit formerly known as _________________.
3. What does the border guard tell Billy when he crosses back into the U.S.?
(a) He is too young to be riding randomly through Mexico.
(b) He needs identification papers.
(c) Billy can join the military because the U.S. is at war.
(d) He has to pay a border fee.
4. Toward what city does Billy ride after crossing the border?
5. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is stabbed in the chest.
(d) He is shot.
6. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(a) Bath tub.
(d) Old hubcap.
7. What does Billy use to chase away the animal?
(b) Pitch fork.
(d) Tree branch.
8. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(b) Boiled eggs.
9. Where does Billy cross the border back into the United States?
(a) El Paso, Texas.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Nogales, Arizona.
(d) Columbus, New Mexico.
10. What is the name of the horse that Mr. Parham used to ride?
11. Where do Billy, Boyd, and the young girl stay for awhile?
(a) At their uncle's ranch.
(b) At a convent.
(c) In the desert.
(d) A village of farm workers.
12. What does the man who had once given the boys permission to take the horses tell Billy?
(a) Boyd was killed in a barroom brawl.
(b) Boyd committed suicide.
(c) Boyd was killed in retaliation for killing another man.
(d) Boyd was hanged for cattle rustling.
13. What does Billy do the morning after he sleeps in the barn?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Calls for the dog.
(c) Heads for home.
(d) Makes coffee.
14. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
(a) Stab wounds.
(b) Cactus punctures.
(d) Spur wounds.
15. What does the girl reply when Billy tells her about Boyd's dead twin sister.
(a) Now he has another.
(b) She was too young to die.
(c) That is so sad.
(d) I had no idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
2. Why does the leader of the bandits berate one of his men?
3. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
4. What is unusual about this morning?
5. Who had packed Boyd's wounds with herbs?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)