|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Billy when he goes to the army recruiting station?
2. What name does Billy sign on his army induction form?
(a) William Edward Parham.
(b) Louisa May Parham.
(c) Ella Mae Parham.
(d) John William Parham.
3. What does the young girl want to do?
(a) Return home.
(b) Go out on her own.
(c) Stay with a rancher's family.
(d) Go with Billy and Boyd.
4. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
(a) In a stream.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In a barn.
5. What is in the cart that the gypsies are pulling?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A statue.
(c) A stove.
(d) An armoire.
6. What is Billy's mother's first name?
7. What is the name of the family at whose farm Boyd has been recovering?
8. Why is it impossible for Billy to get into the army even if a doctor passes him through?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is the oldest surviving male in his family.
(c) He is not a U.S. citizen.
(d) An army doctor will find his problem.
9. What healing concoction do the gypsies give the horse?
(a) Hot water with leaves.
(b) Sassafras tea.
(c) Olive oil and cayenne.
(d) Hot water with whiskey.
10. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A lame horse.
(c) A paper of ownership.
11. How long does Billy work without seeing anyone?
(a) Several months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A couple days.
12. What does Billy note about his life now that Boyd is gone?
(a) It is better.
(b) It is the end.
(c) It is less.
(d) It is quieter.
13. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It will definitely come true.
(b) It is only a game.
(c) It is up to him what his future will be.
(d) She has never been wrong.
14. What does Boyd loan the young girl before they leave?
(b) A horse.
15. The young girl tells Billy that her grandmother had been married and widowed __________ times by the age of 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy sleep when he reaches his destination?
2. What does the doctor accept as payment for his services?
3. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
4. In Billy's dream, what does Boyd reply when Billy asks him what it's like to be dead?
5. What kind of animals is pulling the gypsy cart?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)