|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had packed Boyd's wounds with herbs?
(a) A farm wife.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bruja.
2. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
(a) The swift passing of time.
(b) The unusual path of his life.
(c) His search for live.
(d) His temperament.
3. What drink does the Mexican man refuse to drink?
(a) American beer.
(b) American whiskey.
(c) German beer.
(d) Irish whiskey.
4. What does Billy learn when he returns to the home of the doctor?
(a) The doctor has died.
(b) The doctor is no longer practicing.
(c) The doctor has moved back east.
(d) The doctor has been taken hostage.
5. Toward what city does Billy ride after crossing the border?
6. What do Billy and Boyd eat for dinner after rescuing their horses?
(c) Beef jerky.
7. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In a stream.
(d) In a barn.
8. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A stable.
(b) A diner.
(c) A dry cleaners.
(d) A gas station.
9. What request does Boyd ask of Billy?
(a) To go on without him.
(b) To go get the girl.
(c) To pray for him.
(d) To give him more whiskey.
10. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(b) A lame horse.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A paper of ownership.
11. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
(b) A chair.
12. What does Billy note about his life now that Boyd is gone?
(a) It is better.
(b) It is less.
(c) It is the end.
(d) It is quieter.
13. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
14. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(a) Old hubcap.
(b) Bath tub.
15. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is stoned.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is stabbed in the chest.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a girl in the young girl's hometown tell Billy?
2. What does Billy do with Boyd's body when he finds it?
3. What fact about Boyd does Billy tell the girl?
4. What does Boyd loan the young girl before they leave?
5. What is the name of the horse that Mr. Parham used to ride?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)