|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The waitress gives Billy a free meal of __________________.
(a) Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.
(b) Sausage gravy and biscuits.
(c) Hash and coffee.
(d) Pancakes and juice.
2. What does Billy use to chase away the animal?
(a) Tree branch.
(c) Pitch fork.
3. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It is up to him what his future will be.
(b) She has never been wrong.
(c) It will definitely come true.
(d) It is only a game.
4. According to Boyd's tombstone, what date did Boyd die?
(a) February 24, 1915.
(b) February 24, 1951.
(c) February 24, 1943.
(d) February 24, 1963.
5. What is in the cart that the gypsies are pulling?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A statue.
(c) An armoire.
(d) A stove.
6. What is the name of the family at whose farm Boyd has been recovering?
7. How long does Billy work without seeing anyone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A couple days.
(c) Several months.
(d) Six months.
8. What affliction does the animal seem to have?
(c) Hearing problem.
(d) Open wound.
9. Where does Billy go to sleep off a hangover after leaving the cantina?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A cave.
(c) An open barn.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
10. Why are some men in the bar angry at Billy?
(a) He cheats at cards.
(b) He doesn't buy drinks for anybody.
(c) He isn't in uniform.
(d) He is flirting with their girlfriends.
11. The doctor sends Billy for some things he needs such as water and _____________.
(d) A chair.
12. On what holiday does Billy ride out?
(a) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
13. Where does Billy find shelter from the desert rain one evening?
(a) A ranch.
(b) An abandoned way station.
(c) A cave.
(d) A hotel.
14. What does the doctor's servant return to the farm where the Parham boys are staying the next day?
(a) Billy's horse.
(b) Boyd's horse.
(c) Billy's money.
(d) Billy's knife.
15. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
(a) Mexican mescal.
(b) French coffee.
(c) Italian wine.
(d) English tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's mother's first name?
2. What fact about Boyd does Billy tell the girl?
3. Why are Billy and Boyd approached by a gang of men?
4. What do Billy and Boyd eat for dinner after rescuing their horses?
5. How was the man blinded?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)