|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animals is pulling the gypsy cart?
2. The girl's grandmother claimed that men of __________ are always successful except in times of war.
3. What do Boyd and the girl do that surprises Billy?
(a) Throw a birthday party for him.
(b) Return to the Parham ranch.
(c) Leave without telling him.
(d) Get married.
4. How was the man blinded?
(a) His eyes were sucked out as a punishment.
(b) He was born that way.
(c) He had a hunting accident.
(d) He has a degenerative disease.
5. What new item does Billy have with him for this trip into Mexico?
6. What does Billy offer the doctor as payment for Boyd's care?
7. Where does Billy cross the border back into the United States?
(a) Nogales, Arizona.
(b) Columbus, New Mexico.
(c) El Paso, Texas.
(d) San Diego, California.
8. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
9. What does Billy give Boyd to drink before the doctor operates?
10. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It is only a game.
(b) It is up to him what his future will be.
(c) She has never been wrong.
(d) It will definitely come true.
11. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
(a) The swift passing of time.
(b) His search for live.
(c) The unusual path of his life.
(d) His temperament.
12. How is Billy's horse wounded in the encounter with some rogue riders?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is stabbed in the chest.
(d) He is shot.
13. According to the army recruiter, one in ___________ boys who sign up for the military are not yet 18.
14. What does Billy do in the days after he buries Boyd?
(a) Rides out again with no destination.
(b) Marries Mr. Sanderson's granddaughter.
(c) Buries Mr. Sanderson.
(d) Returns to the family ranch.
15. What happens to one of the men who approach Billy and Boyd and engage in a melee?
(a) His skull is fractured.
(b) His leg is broken.
(c) His back is broken.
(d) His arm is shattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. The waitress gives Billy a free meal of __________________.
2. What drink does the Mexican man refuse to drink?
3. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
4. What does the girl reply when Billy tells her about Boyd's dead twin sister.
5. What does the doctor's servant return to the farm where the Parham boys are staying the next day?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)