|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches up to Billy and Boyd when they are trying to escape with their horses?
(a) Two old men.
(b) A boy and vaqueros.
(c) The sheriff and deputies.
(d) A rancher and ranch hands.
2. Who/what does Billy find when he arrives at the Munoz house again?
(a) A couple of vaqueros.
(b) No one is there.
(c) Boyd and the girl.
(d) The Munoz family.
3. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A stable.
(c) A dry cleaners.
(d) A diner.
4. Where does Billy store Boyd's body overnight?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a stream.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a shed.
5. According to Boyd's tombstone, what date did Boyd die?
(a) February 24, 1943.
(b) February 24, 1915.
(c) February 24, 1963.
(d) February 24, 1951.
6. What healing concoction do the gypsies give the horse?
(a) Sassafras tea.
(b) Olive oil and cayenne.
(c) Hot water with whiskey.
(d) Hot water with leaves.
7. What drink does the Mexican man refuse to drink?
(a) American whiskey.
(b) Irish whiskey.
(c) German beer.
(d) American beer.
8. The woman who gives food to Billy also reads his palm and tells him about __________________.
(a) His future wife.
(b) His father and mother.
(c) His two dead brothers.
(d) Boyd and the girl.
9. What does Billy put water into so that the horse can drink?
(a) Bath tub.
(d) Old hubcap.
10. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nine weeks.
11. What is the name of the family at whose farm Boyd has been recovering?
12. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
13. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
(a) Mexican mescal.
(b) English tea.
(c) Italian wine.
(d) French coffee.
14. Toward what city does Billy ride after crossing the border?
15. Why does the leader of the bandits berate one of his men?
(a) For desecrating a dead body.
(b) For stealing from a grieving man.
(c) For killing a good horse with no reason.
(d) For not taking Billy's rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billy visit before heading back to Mexico?
2. What is the only way Billy can join the military at his age?
3. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
4. How much money does Billy send to Mr. Sanders after his first payday?
5. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)