|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does Billy eat at the diner the second time?
2. What does the unusual weather represent for Billy?
(a) The swift passing of time.
(b) The unusual path of his life.
(c) His temperament.
(d) His search for live.
3. How does Billy try to help the wounded horse?
(a) Gives him whiskey to drink.
(b) Rubs salve on his wound.
(c) Packs the wound with clay.
(d) Makes bandages from a shirt.
4. How did the man in the bar get his scars?
(a) Cactus punctures.
(b) Stab wounds.
(c) Spur wounds.
5. What affliction does the animal seem to have?
(a) Hearing problem.
(b) Open wound.
6. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A stable.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A diner.
(d) A dry cleaners.
7. What does Billy tell Mr. Sanders that his plans are now?
(a) To get a factory job.
(b) To "hire on somewheres."
(c) To find a girl and get married.
(d) To go to college.
8. What new item does Billy have with him for this trip into Mexico?
9. What kind of animal joins Billy as he seeks shelter from the rain?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
10. Billy finds a job with an outfit formerly known as _________________.
11. What is unusual about this morning?
(a) It is unbearably sunny.
(b) It is the day Billy decides to go home for good.
(c) It is very dark.
(d) It is unseasonably cold.
12. What does Billy do while sitting on the roadway?
(c) Smokes cigarettes.
(d) Plans his trip.
13. In Billy's dream, what does Boyd reply when Billy asks him what it's like to be dead?
(a) He says it is the ultimate peace.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) He says it is mystical.
(d) He says it is nothingness.
14. What does the woman reply when Billy challenges what she says?
(a) It is up to him what his future will be.
(b) She has never been wrong.
(c) It will definitely come true.
(d) It is only a game.
15. According to the army recruiter, one in ___________ boys who sign up for the military are not yet 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does the Mexican man refuse to drink?
2. What kind of animals is pulling the gypsy cart?
3. What drink does Billy refuse to drink?
4. What do the children in the barn say about Billy the next morning?
5. What do Boyd and the girl do that surprises Billy?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)