|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Billy encounters a man in a Model T car, what type of animal does Billy imply he is hunting?
2. What is the name of Mr. Sanderson's ranch?
(a) Sandy Springs Ranch.
(b) SK Bar Ranch.
(c) Sanderson Ranch.
(d) Evergreen Valley Ranch.
3. What name does the man in the ranch house call Billy?
4. Where had Billy intended to set the wolf free?
(a) At his home.
(b) The valley.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The town.
5. What do the Indians do when they see Billy and Boyd?
(a) Barely acknowledge them.
(b) Run away from them.
(c) Shoot at them.
(d) Share food with them.
6. Billy chops the heart and liver of a _____________ for the wolf to eat.
7. What does Billy do at the Mexican border?
(a) Trades horses.
(b) Returns the half dollar he owes.
(c) Gets directions.
(d) Buys a gun.
8. In what state does Billy Parham live?
(b) New Mexico.
9. Why had the wolf crossed into the United States from Mexico?
(a) She saw her mate caught in a trap.
(b) There is no more food in her home area.
(c) She got lost.
(d) She was chased by poachers.
10. Where had Boyd thought Billy had gone during Billy's time away from home?
(d) New York.
11. Who do Billy and Boyd see walking on the road?
(a) A young couple.
(b) A priest.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A group of old women.
12. What does Billy put around the wolf's snout?
(c) Burlap bag.
13. Why is Billy aggravated with the dog while on their trip?
(a) He does not alert the boys to danger.
(b) He refuses to eat.
(c) He will not keep pace with them.
(d) He barks at the wrong times.
14. What does Billy say when the man advises the boys to return home?
(a) They want to avenge their parents' murders first.
(b) They're not going without the horses.
(c) They don't have a home to return to.
(d) They think that is a good idea.
15. What are Billy and Boyd doing when they encounter some Indians?
(a) Riding through a woods.
(b) Brushing their horses.
(c) Making camp.
(d) Bathing in a stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and Boyd spend weeks traveling?
2. What does Billy do when the wolf tries to run?
3. Billy refuses to leave the Mexican town without ________________.
4. With what does Mr. Parham coat traps?
5. What does Billy borrow from a border guard when he returns to the United States?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)