|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's horse react frantically?
(a) She is scard of the thunder.
(b) She can sense a bear nearby.
(c) She doesn't want to be near the wolf.
(d) She is spooked by gunshots.
2. When Billy shoots a ___________, he and the wolf eat the entire thing.
3. Who do Billy and Boyd rescue?
(a) An old man.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A calf.
(d) A young girl.
4. Why do Billy and Boyd veer off the road?
(a) To give the horses a break.
(b) To make better time.
(c) To take a more scenic route.
(d) To evade the men on horseback.
5. What does Billy say when the man advises the boys to return home?
(a) They're not going without the horses.
(b) They want to avenge their parents' murders first.
(c) They think that is a good idea.
(d) They don't have a home to return to.
6. What does Billy find when he returns to the Indian's campsite the next day?
(a) There are several more Indians there.
(b) The Indian is dead.
(c) The Indian is building a fire.
(d) The Indian is gone.
7. What is the name of the Parhams' other horse?
(b) Black Jack.
8. What do the men on the other side of the river ask Billy for?
(c) His documents.
9. What is the name of Mr. Sanderson's ranch?
(a) Evergreen Valley Ranch.
(b) Sandy Springs Ranch.
(c) Sanderson Ranch.
(d) SK Bar Ranch.
10. What tribe of Indians do Billy and Boyd encounter?
11. What does Billy borrow from a border guard when he returns to the United States?
(a) A coat.
(b) A half dollar.
(c) A horse.
(d) A hat.
12. What sudden decision does Billy make as he leads the wolf away from the campsite?
(a) To let the wolf go free.
(b) To run away to Canada.
(c) To head toward Mexico.
(d) To find a safe place to wait out the storm.
13. How old is Boyd when Billy encounters the wolf?
14. Who had predicted what would happen with the wolf?
(a) The rancher.
(b) His father.
(d) The old bedridden man.
15. What does Billy note when he returns to the vaqueros' campsite?
(a) A bedroll.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) An old saddle.
(d) The wolf had dug in the campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the ghost town advise Billy to do?
2. Where did the German doctor buy a horse?
3. What do the men do with the wolf?
4. What does Mr. Parham plan to trade for to replace Billy's damaged one?
5. Where is the wolf put while Billy has dinner with the man in the ranch house?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)