|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Boyd thought Billy had gone during Billy's time away from home?
(b) New York.
2. What is the name of the Parhams' other horse?
(b) Black Jack.
3. What are Billy and Boyd pulling when they encounter an Indian?
4. What does Billy borrow from a border guard when he returns to the United States?
(a) A coat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A half dollar.
(d) A horse.
5. An old man in an Indian tribe warns Billy of ______________________.
(a) the coyotes in the mountains.
(b) the dangers of being alone too much.
(c) the snakes in the desert.
(d) the mounted rangers.
6. What does Billy go off alone to do after some instruction from his father?
(a) Hunt small animals.
(b) Run the traps.
(c) Herd the cattle.
(d) Catch some fish.
7. What do Billy and Boyd see in the Mexican town of Morelos?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A festival.
(c) A gunfight.
(d) One of the Parhams' horses.
8. How old is Billy when he encounters the wolf?
9. What does Billy note about his father when he rides out the next day?
(a) He is still asleep .
(b) He warns Billy not to go.
(c) He scolds Billy.
(d) It is the last time he sees him.
10. What does Boyd say about the men who killed his parents?
(a) They didn't see him hiding in the barn.
(b) They called Boyd by name.
(c) They were soldiers.
(d) They were Indians.
11. What does Billy learn about his parents when he returns to his home?
(a) They moved back east.
(b) They have divorced.
(c) They have been murdered.
(d) His mother is dead and his father is in jail.
12. Where does Billy finally see the wolf?
(a) At the campsite.
(b) By a stream.
(c) In the meadow.
(d) On a hilltop.
13. What makes the wolf grow even wilder as Billy holds her?
(a) The Model T car approaches.
(b) The approaching thunderstorm.
(c) The sounds of gunshots.
(d) A bear coming closer.
14. Who is Billy Parham?
(a) The protagonist.
(b) The author.
(c) The publisher.
(d) The editor.
15. What is the name of Billy's hometown?
(b) Twin City.
(c) Pine Bluffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rancher's wife give to Billy before he continues his trip?
2. What do the Parhams do in Mr. Echols' cabin?
3. What kind of animal do Billy and his father find in the trap?
4. When Billy encounters a man in a Model T car, what type of animal does Billy imply he is hunting?
5. Why does Billy's horse react frantically?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)