|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the blind man's wife prepare for Billy to eat?
(c) Boiled eggs.
2. What is the dog a symbol of in the story?
(a) What the boys have lost in their lives.
3. What happens to Boyd as he attempts to round up some of the horses?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is thrown from his horse.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into a ravine.
4. How old is Boyd when Billy encounters the wolf?
5. What does the rancher's wife give to Billy before he continues his trip?
(a) A bag of food.
(b) A raincoat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. An old man in an Indian tribe warns Billy of ______________________.
2. What does Billy learn about his parents when he returns to his home?
3. What do the Indians do when they see Billy and Boyd?
4. Where is the wolf put while Billy has dinner with the man in the ranch house?
5. Billy chops the heart and liver of a _____________ for the wolf to eat.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)