|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had predicted what would happen with the wolf?
(b) His father.
(c) The old bedridden man.
(d) The rancher.
2. What does the rancher's wife give to Billy before he continues his trip?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bag of food.
(c) A raincoat.
(d) A blanket.
3. Why is Billy aggravated with the dog while on their trip?
(a) He does not alert the boys to danger.
(b) He refuses to eat.
(c) He barks at the wrong times.
(d) He will not keep pace with them.
4. An old man tells Billy that trying to catch the wolf is like trying to catch a ____________________.
5. What is the wolf doing when Billy sees her?
(a) She is drinking from a stream.
(b) She is caught in a trap.
(c) She is trotting through tall grass.
(d) She is howling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Billy intended to set the wolf free?
2. How old is Boyd when Billy encounters the wolf?
3. What name does the man in the ranch house call Billy?
4. What is distinctive about Billy and Boyd's dog?
5. Who rides with Billy and Boyd?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)