|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One, Pages 1-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man's caregiver warn Billy about?
(a) The approaching storm.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Bandits in the area.
(d) Getting caught in a trap.
2. What does Billy note about his father when he rides out the next day?
(a) He warns Billy not to go.
(b) He scolds Billy.
(c) It is the last time he sees him.
(d) He is still asleep .
3. What do the boys promise the Indian?
4. What does Billy note when he returns to the vaqueros' campsite?
(a) An old saddle.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) A bedroll.
(d) The wolf had dug in the campfire.
5. Why had the wolf crossed into the United States from Mexico?
(a) She got lost.
(b) There is no more food in her home area.
(c) She was chased by poachers.
(d) She saw her mate caught in a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cow drag through the woods?
2. When Billy encounters a man in a Model T car, what type of animal does Billy imply he is hunting?
3. What kind of animal do Billy and his father find in the trap?
4. With what does Mr. Parham coat traps?
5. What kind of animal does Mr. Parham tell his sons has been sighted?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)