|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in charge of the herd of horses give to Billy?
(a) A lame horse.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A paper of ownership.
2. What happens to Boyd as he attempts to round up some of the horses?
(a) He faints.
(b) He is thrown from his horse.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls into a ravine.
3. What does Billy note about his father when he rides out the next day?
(a) He is still asleep .
(b) It is the last time he sees him.
(c) He warns Billy not to go.
(d) He scolds Billy.
4. What does the rancher's wife ask one of the ranch hands to do?
(a) Milk the cows.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Mend the wolf's leg wound.
(d) Feed the horses.
5. What do the Indians do when they see Billy and Boyd?
(a) Shoot at them.
(b) Run away from them.
(c) Share food with them.
(d) Barely acknowledge them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the girl, what type of man is useless?
2. What does Billy plan to do after daylight?
3. Which Parham family members have already died by the time the family moves?
4. Who had predicted what would happen with the wolf?
5. What kind of animal do Billy and his father find in the trap?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)