|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Pages 333 through 363.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy say when the man advises the boys to return home?
(a) They think that is a good idea.
(b) They want to avenge their parents' murders first.
(c) They're not going without the horses.
(d) They don't have a home to return to.
2. Where does Billy work to earn enough money to get bus fare?
(a) A diner.
(b) A dry cleaners.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A stable.
3. Why do Billy and Boyd veer off the road?
(a) To make better time.
(b) To evade the men on horseback.
(c) To take a more scenic route.
(d) To give the horses a break.
4. How long does Billy work for the outfit before moving on?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nine years.
5. What name does Billy sign on his army induction form?
(a) Ella Mae Parham.
(b) William Edward Parham.
(c) John William Parham.
(d) Louisa May Parham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Billy and Boyd doing when they encounter some Indians?
2. What is the dog a symbol of in the story?
3. What does Billy borrow from a border guard when he returns to the United States?
4. What is the wolf doing when Billy sees her?
5. What does Billy trade for the dead wolf?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)