Chapter One, Pages 1-51
• Billy Parham and his family move to Hidalgo County, New Mexico, when Billy's younger brother, Boyd, was just a baby; Billy is now 16 and Boyd is 14.
• One day Billy is pulling Boyd on a travois on a wood-gathering expedition when they encounter an Indian and promise to bring his some food after dinner; when they leave the Indian's campsite, Billy tells Boyd that they will not return.
• The next night, Mr. Parham tells the boys that a wolf has been sighted and has taken down a veal at a neighboring ranch.
• Billy, Boyd and their father go to the SK Bar Ranch where Mr. Sanderson lets them into Mr. Echols' cabin to borrow traps and lure.
• After the traps are washed and coated with beeswax, Billy and his father go in search of the wolf.
• The wolf had crossed from Mexico into the United...
This section contains 2,232 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)