|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which holiday did Rawlings decide to build an indoor shower?
(d) Valentine's Day.
2. What type of animal was Jib?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A fish.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bird.
3. Which of the following was Burnt Island NOT known to harbor?
(a) Wild boars.
4. How cold was it on the day Rawlings decided to build an indoor shower?
(a) 27 degrees.
(b) 45 degrees.
(c) 38 degrees.
(d) 16 degrees.
5. How many guests did the Townsends invite to their party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Moe's relatives was once superintendent of Rawlings's orange groves?
2. What did Martha's young boy throw on Rawlings's horse frightening it?
3. What was Rawlings's nickname in Cross Creek?
4. What instruments did the Townsends play at their party?
5. Where did Rawlings's editor live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rawlings become involved in the Townsend children's education?
2. How did Rawlings's uncle help her with her outhouse?
3. How did Rawlings acquire the antique bed in her house?
4. How did Mr. Marsh Turner die?
5. What type of relationship did Rawlings have with Black Aunt Martha Mickens?
6. How did Geechee and Rawlings meet?
7. Why did Rawlings return Georgia to her father?
8. What parts of Cross Creek added to its beauty, as Rawlings recollected it in the opening chapter of the memoir?
9. How did Rawlings help Snow Slater after he was abandoned by his family?
10. What type of relationship did George Fairbanks have with women?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)