|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rawlings use to signal to outsiders when her outhouse was in use?
(a) A light.
(b) A sign.
(c) A lock.
(d) A flag.
2. How did Mr. Martin react when he heard Rawlings had shot his pig?
(a) He was flustered.
(b) He was amused.
(c) He was outraged.
(d) He was apathetic.
3. Which of Rawlings's friends was hired to collect census data?
4. Aside from her dress, what was the only belonging Geechee brought with her when she moved in with Rawlings?
(d) A Bible.
5. How did Rawlings come to own her house in Cross Creek?
(a) She was given it by the government.
(b) She bought it outright.
(c) She won it in a bet.
(d) She inherited it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Martha regularly do for Rawlings in her home?
2. What piece of furniture did Moe bring to Rawlings when he came to visit with her?
3. What day of the week did Rawlings's servants typically take off from work?
4. What did Rawlings rename Geechee when she came into her service?
5. What did Moe Sykes do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much land did Rawlings inherit when she moved to Cross Creek, and what did she use her land for?
2. How did Mr. Marsh Turner die?
3. Why did Rawlings return Georgia to her father?
4. What type of relationship did George Fairbanks have with women?
5. Who were the Townsends, and what was Rawlings's relationship to them?
6. What connection did Rawlings see between African-American children and imagination through her experiences with Patsy?
7. How did Rawlings acquire the antique bed in her house?
8. What experience with outhouses did Rawlings have when she was growing up?
9. Why did Rawlings decide to build an indoor shower for herself?
10. How did Rawlings come to shoot a pig in her garden?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)