|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rawlings regularly leave her house unlocked?
(a) Because she was generous with her belongings.
(b) Because locks hadn't been invented yet.
(c) Because she frequently forgot.
(d) Because she trusted all her neighbors.
2. What type of tree did Rawlings have a deep admiration for during her time in the South?
3. Which of Rawlings's various suitors had a cleft palate?
(a) Mr. Swilley.
(c) Old Boss.
(d) George Fairbanks.
4. Which of Rawlings's relatives helped her devise the system of use for her outhouse?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
5. Which of the following physical problems did Rodney suffer from?
(a) He was deaf.
(b) He was mute.
(c) He was crippled.
(d) He was blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rawlings's shower located?
2. What did Martha's young boy throw on Rawlings's horse frightening it?
3. What did Martha's husband do for a living during the time she worked with Rawlings?
4. In what unlikely place on her property did Rawlings find someone living?
5. Which of the following adjectives did NOT describe Geechee when she arrived at Rawlings's doorstep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Townsends, and what was Rawlings's relationship to them?
2. How did Rawlings become involved in the Townsend children's education?
3. How did Geechee and Rawlings meet?
4. How did Rawlings's uncle help her with her outhouse?
5. How much land did Rawlings inherit when she moved to Cross Creek, and what did she use her land for?
6. What type of relationship did Rawlings have with Black Aunt Martha Mickens?
7. Why did Rawlings decide to build an indoor shower for herself?
8. What type of relationship did Rawlings notice between young and old magnolia trees while she was living in Cross Creek?
9. What did Rawlings believe Martha would have become in life had she been born white?
10. What connection did Rawlings see between African-American children and imagination through her experiences with Patsy?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)