|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Patsy when she began "courting"?
2. Which of the following Cross Creek families was described as having "baby after baby"?
(a) The Townsends.
(b) The Marshes.
(c) The Morrisons.
(d) The Turners.
3. What color was Rawlings's hammock soil?
4. Which of the following patches of land was described as feeling "enchanted"?
(a) The sandy beaches.
(b) The pine forests.
(c) The strawberry fields.
(d) The orange groves.
5. Which of the following terms best described Rawlings's religious beliefs during the time she lived on Cross Creek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did Rawlings's servants typically take off from work?
2. What state was Cross Creek located in?
3. Which of Rawlings's friends was hired to collect census data?
4. What was Rawlings's grandfather's outhouse lined with photographs of?
5. How cold was it on the day Rawlings decided to build an indoor shower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of physical maladies were the Slaters suffering from, and why weren't there maladies being treated?
2. How did Rawlings describe the woman playing piano that she met while taking census information with Zelda?
3. How did the Townsends entertain Rawlings at their pound party?
4. How did Rawlings help Snow Slater after he was abandoned by his family?
5. What did Rawlings believe Martha would have become in life had she been born white?
6. How did Rawlings's uncle help her with her outhouse?
7. How did Rawlings acquire the antique bed in her house?
8. How did Mr. Marsh Turner die?
9. What type of relationship did Rawlings have with Black Aunt Martha Mickens?
10. Who were the Townsends, and what was Rawlings's relationship to them?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)