|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which servant did Rawlings blame for the damage to her house while she was away?
(a) She did not blame either of them.
(b) She blamed them both equally.
2. Which of the following do rattlesnakes have a poor sense of?
3. Which of the following birds were almost extinct in Cross Creek until the government began to protect them?
4. Which of the following servants did Rawlings believe would "have a finger in my pie from beyond the grave"?
5. What part of Samson's body was permanently injured when he was shot by Henry?
(a) His hands.
(b) His ears.
(c) His feet.
(d) His eyes.
6. Which of Martha's relatives did Samson marry?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her neice.
(d) Her cousin.
7. Which of the following vegetables was regularly trimmed and cooked like asparagus?
(c) Mustard greens.
(d) Poke weed.
8. Which of the following "varmints" was a popular pet in Cross Creek?
9. Which of the following topics were frogs generally associated with?
(d) Good fortune.
10. Which of the following months was considered the stormiest in Cross Creek?
11. Which of the following was the only animal Rawlings claimed she would never kill to eat?
12. How did Rawlings feel about the neighboring pigs eating from her farm?
(a) She was amused by them.
(b) She was angered by them.
(c) She was apathetic to them.
(d) She was annoyed by them.
13. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Rawlings used to describe cottonmouth moccasins?
14. In what room of her house was the baby cottonmouth snake that Rawlings killed?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The bedroom.
15. What did members of Cross Creek call "pinders"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was Rawlings in when Dessie suggested they take a trip together?
2. Which of the following was NOT a lake Rawlings and Dessie visited while on their river adventure?
3. Which of the following birds most excited Rawlings when it came to visit her farm?
4. How did Rawlings describe the king snake that lived near her driveway?
5. Where did Kate's brother live?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)