|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what unusual location did Rawlings and her friend Fred eat dinner after having their car stuck in soft sand?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At a prison.
(d) At a church.
2. Which of Martha's relatives did Samson marry?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her neice.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What state did Dessie and Rawlings travel through on their river adventure?
4. Which of the following was another name for salted pork in Florida?
(a) White bacon.
(b) Marbled bacon.
(c) Pink bacon.
(d) Black bacon.
5. What unusual meat was Governor Grant said to be a fan of?
6. Which of the following servants did Rawlings believe would "have a finger in my pie from beyond the grave"?
7. What had Rawlings and Kate's brother been hunting when they returned home to find the house destroyed?
8. What were Rawlings's mother and grandmother famous for?
(a) Their cooking.
(b) Their strictness.
(c) Their piousness.
(d) Their good looks.
9. How did Rawlings describe the king snake that lived near her driveway?
10. Which of the following types of snakes is the fastest on land?
(a) Water moccasin.
(c) Black snake.
11. How did Rawlings feel about her life in Cross Creek after returning from her river adventure with Dessie?
(a) She idolized Cross Creek.
(b) She resented Cross Creek.
(c) She feared Cross Creek.
(d) She appreciated Cross Creek.
12. Which of the following birds did Rawlings watch daily and claim were "honeymooning"?
13. How did Rawlings feel about the neighboring pigs eating from her farm?
(a) She was annoyed by them.
(b) She was amused by them.
(c) She was apathetic to them.
(d) She was angered by them.
14. What does a chicken snake eat?
15. To which country's ancestors did Rawlings compare the frogs in Cross Creek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What essential did the yachtsman give to Rawlings when the met in the coastal town?
2. According to Rawlings, what color did the sky turn when a hurricane was close?
3. Which of the following "varmints" was a popular pet in Cross Creek?
4. What was the name of Rawlings's cow?
5. Which of the following themes did Rawlings believe was "customary in slave psychology"?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)