|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tome Morrison live with his wife and children?
(a) In the old elementary school.
(b) In the old convenience store.
(c) In the old church.
(d) In the old town hall.
2. Which of Rawlings's various suitors had a cleft palate?
(a) Old Boss.
(b) George Fairbanks.
(c) Mr. Swilley.
3. Which of the following adjectives best described Cross Creek?
4. Who did Widow Slater threaten with a gun?
(a) A symphony conductor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A schoolyard bully.
5. Why did Rawlings regularly leave her house unlocked?
(a) Because she was generous with her belongings.
(b) Because she frequently forgot.
(c) Because locks hadn't been invented yet.
(d) Because she trusted all her neighbors.
6. How did Rawlings come to own her house in Cross Creek?
(a) She was given it by the government.
(b) She bought it outright.
(c) She won it in a bet.
(d) She inherited it.
7. How many guests did the Townsends invite to their party?
8. What type of groves lined the streets in Cross Creek?
9. Where was Rawlings's shower located?
(b) She did not have a shower.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
10. Which of the following factors did NOT lead to Moe's death?
(c) Old age.
(d) Bad eating.
11. How many black families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek.
12. How did Rawlings react to farming life soon after moving to Cross Creek?
(a) Farming was more boring than she thought.
(b) Rawlings did not do her own farming.
(c) Farming was harder than she thought.
(d) Farming was easier than she thought.
13. Which of the following adjectives did Rawlings use to describe her plumbing system in Cross Creek?
14. Which of the following body parts did Rawlings break when she fell from a horse and required a steel brace?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her pelvis.
(d) Her spine.
15. During which holiday did Rawlings decide to build an indoor shower?
(b) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best described Widow Slater's attitude while she was working for Rawlings?
2. Where did Rawlings's editor live?
3. How many white families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek?
4. What type of tree did Rawlings have a deep admiration for during her time in the South?
5. How did Mr. Martin react when he heard Rawlings had shot his pig?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)