|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rawlings bring to share with the Townsends at their party?
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A cake.
2. Which of the following people was considered to be the stabilizing force of Cross Creek?
(a) Tom Morrison.
(b) Martha Mickens.
(c) Joe Mackay.
(d) Marsh Turner.
3. Aside from her dress, what was the only belonging Geechee brought with her when she moved in with Rawlings?
(b) A Bible.
4. Which of Rawlings's various suitors had a cleft palate?
(a) Old Boss.
(b) George Fairbanks.
(c) Mr. Swilley.
5. What type of critters did Rodney keep as pets?
(b) Injured birds.
(c) Wild animals.
6. Who did Widow Slater threaten with a gun?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A symphony conductor.
(c) A schoolyard bully.
(d) A nurse.
7. Which of the following terms best described Rawlings's religious beliefs during the time she lived on Cross Creek?
8. Which of the following types of trees did NOT produce hammock soil on Rawlings's farm?
(a) Gum tree.
(b) Oak tree.
(c) Palm tree.
(d) Pine tree.
9. Which of Rawlings's relatives helped her devise the system of use for her outhouse?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What was Rawlings's nickname in Cross Creek?
(a) Little Miss.
(b) Little Lady.
(c) Little Gal.
(d) Little Woman.
11. What did Rawlings bribe the children to do by offering to sew them new clothes?
(a) Mow her lawn.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Play nicely with each other.
12. Why did Rawlings regularly leave her house unlocked?
(a) Because locks hadn't been invented yet.
(b) Because she frequently forgot.
(c) Because she was generous with her belongings.
(d) Because she trusted all her neighbors.
13. What state was Cross Creek located in?
14. How many guests did the Townsends invite to their party?
15. Which of the following medical conditions was Widow Slater suffering from?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the tenant who lived in Rawlings's tenant home?
2. What did Moe Sykes do for a living?
3. How old was Patsy when she began "courting"?
4. Where was Rawlings's shower located?
5. Which of the following physical problems did Rodney suffer from?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)