|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rodney known to foretell in Cross Creek?
(a) The sex of unborn babies.
(b) The lotto numbers.
(c) The weather.
(d) The temperature.
2. Which of the following adjectives best described the wife of Rawlings's tenant?
3. What piece of furniture did Moe bring to Rawlings when he came to visit with her?
(a) A dresser.
(b) A desk.
(c) A couch.
(d) A bed.
4. What did Moe Sykes do for a living?
(a) He was a chef.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a miller.
(d) He was a carpenter.
5. What was Leroy serving a prison sentence for when Rawlings helped bail him out?
6. Which of the following body parts did Rawlings break when she fell from a horse and required a steel brace?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her pelvis.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her spine.
7. Which of Rawlings's relatives helped her devise the system of use for her outhouse?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
8. Aside from her dress, what was the only belonging Geechee brought with her when she moved in with Rawlings?
(b) A Bible.
9. What instruments did the Townsends play at their party?
10. Which of Moe's relatives was once superintendent of Rawlings's orange groves?
(a) His father.
(b) His great-great grandfather.
(c) His great grandfather.
(d) His grandfather.
11. How many white families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek?
12. How much did Rawlings pay for Georgia, her first servant girl?
13. In what unlikely place on her property did Rawlings find someone living?
(a) Under her oak tree.
(b) Under her porch.
(c) In her outhouse.
(d) In her attick.
14. What type of people did Rawlings claim had "been put through the sieve and [now] stand nakedly"?
(a) The poor.
(d) The rich.
15. What was the name of Rawlings's dog that was sent back to the city after failing miserably at farm life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following physical problems did Rodney suffer from?
2. What did the Townsends call the party they invited Rawlings to?
3. What state was Cross Creek located in?
4. What work did Martha regularly do for Rawlings in her home?
5. Why did Geechee drink alcohol?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)