|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rawlings's grandfather's outhouse lined with photographs of?
(b) Baseball players.
2. What item did Rawlings forget to take to her beach house and her kind neighbors brought for her in their truck?
(b) Her television.
(c) Mixing bowls.
(d) Bed sheets.
3. Which of the following people was considered to be the stabilizing force of Cross Creek?
(a) Martha Mickens.
(b) Joe Mackay.
(c) Marsh Turner.
(d) Tom Morrison.
4. Why did Rawlings demand that Leroy leave her property?
(a) Because he refused to work.
(b) Because he was an alcoholic.
(c) Because he stole from her.
(d) Because he threatened her.
5. What did Rawlings rename Geechee when she came into her service?
6. What did Slater's daughter, Alvah, save up to purchase for Rawlings at Christmas time?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A bird feeder.
(c) A wind chime.
(d) A mailbox.
7. Where did the cow kick Rawlings the first time she tried to milk it?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the stomach.
8. Which of the following types of trees did NOT produce hammock soil on Rawlings's farm?
(a) Oak tree.
(b) Pine tree.
(c) Gum tree.
(d) Palm tree.
9. What animal did Mr. Higgenbottom sell for a living?
10. How cold was it on the day Rawlings decided to build an indoor shower?
(a) 38 degrees.
(b) 16 degrees.
(c) 27 degrees.
(d) 45 degrees.
11. What did Rawlings use to signal to outsiders when her outhouse was in use?
(a) A sign.
(b) A flag.
(c) A light.
(d) A lock.
12. What type of tree did Rawlings have a deep admiration for during her time in the South?
13. Which of Moe's relatives was once superintendent of Rawlings's orange groves?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His great-great grandfather.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
14. Which of the following physical problems did Rodney suffer from?
(a) He was deaf.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He was mute.
(d) He was crippled.
15. Which of the following parasites were the Towensend children suffering from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land did Rawlings inherit in Cross Creek?
2. What color was Rawlings's hammock soil?
3. How many guests did the Townsends invite to their party?
4. What part of Geechee's body had been badly damaged in a fight?
5. Which of the following factors did NOT lead to Moe's death?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)