|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Martha regularly do for Rawlings in her home?
(a) She cleaned the house.
(b) She cooked the meals.
(c) She weeded the garden.
(d) She ironed the clothes.
2. How old was Patsy when she began "courting"?
3. How many acres of land did Rawlings inherit in Cross Creek?
4. What did Martha's husband do for a living during the time she worked with Rawlings?
(a) Her husband was unemployed.
(b) Her husband was a mechanic.
(c) Her husband was a butler.
(d) Her husband was a farmer.
5. What did Rawlings bribe the children to do by offering to sew them new clothes?
(a) Play nicely with each other.
(b) Mow her lawn.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guests did the Townsends invite to their party?
2. Which of the following body parts did Rawlings break when she fell from a horse and required a steel brace?
3. What day of the week did Rawlings's servants typically take off from work?
4. How did Mr. Martin react when he heard Rawlings had shot his pig?
5. Which of Rawlings's various suitors had a cleft palate?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)