|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Evelyn doing while Amelia works on the pavement?
(a) She is taking lunch.
(b) She is copying the painting on the pavement.
(c) She is helping to clean the pavement.
(d) She is flirting with Walter.
2. How many men are working at the site with Walter and Abdullah?
(a) Ten men.
(b) One hundred men.
(c) More than fifty men.
(d) Twenty-five men.
3. What do the two women decide to do sometime during their trip?
(a) FInd Lucas Hayes.
(b) Find M. Maspero's new museum.
(c) Find Khuenaten's tomb.
(d) Find the Emersons.
4. What instrument do the two women decide to bring onto their boat?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harpsichord.
5. Where does Walter Emerson find Amelia and Evelyn?
(a) As they are walking to Qandia Luzat.
(b) As they are leaving Haggi Qandil.
(c) As they are riding their animals on their way to the tombs.
(d) As they are dining in Beheva Maji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tonic does Amelia finally get Emerson to swallow?
2. Who wrote the book of hieroglyphics that Amelia has with her on the trip?
3. What hills surround the pyramids near Cairo?
4. Where do Amelia and Evelyn spend their time while in Cairo?
5. What does Emerson begin screaming about first thing in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name is Amelia given by the villagers in Beni Hassan? Why has she earned this name? Is it a fitting name?
2. While in Beni Hassan, what does Amelia come to understand about Radcliffe Emerson's tirade on the antiquities of Egypt? How does this affect her?
3. What excursion do Amelia and Evelyn take from Cairo? How does Amelia react to Egypt? While on this short trip, what adventure does Amelia have that Evelyn does not?
4. What do both Amelia and Evelyn realize they have seen in the dark at night? What do they decide to do about the problem?
5. In Chapter 2, Amelia arranges for transportation for herself and Evelyn through Egypt. What method of transportation does she choose, and why? How does she go about making the arrangements? How do the fellow guests at the hotel respond to her idea?
6. How has it come to pass that Ms. Peabody is independently wealthy? What does she do for a living? Where does she live?
7. Where does Amelia Peabody first meet Evelyn Barton-Forbes, and under what circumstances? What does this meeting tell the reader about Amelia Peabody's character?
8. When Amelia takes Evelyn shopping, what does she learn about Evelyn? What does she learn about herself? Why is this important to Amelia?
9. Who does Radcliffe believe has stolen the mummy from his work site? Why does he think this person is responsible, and how does he behave?
10. Why does Radcliffe react so strongly to Amelia and Evelyn's work with the pavement? Is his reaction in character with his personality?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)