|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emerson suspect the mummy's costume was purchased?
(a) In Minieh.
(b) In Cairo.
(c) In Maspero.
(d) In Alexandria.
2. Who among the group is best able to read the papyrus?
3. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To not speak to him again.
(b) To eat a light dinner.
(c) To follow the plan and be careful
(d) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
4. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
(a) Take the boat herself and get help.
(b) Let Lucas and Evelyn go to Cairo and get help.
(c) Take Lucas' revolver for her own.
(d) Dress in costume as a mummy herself.
5. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Evelyn did not cooperate.
(b) Amelia was too noisy.
(c) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
(d) Mohammed was not in town.
6. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) Warm milk.
(b) Another glass of wine.
(c) A short moonlight stroll.
(d) Hot cocoa.
7. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(b) Return to the boat.
(c) Leave the camp immediately.
(d) Let Lucas take them home.
8. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
(a) Another mummy.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) The mummy's costume.
(d) Another section of pavement.
9. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) He hopes they marry right away.
(b) He thinks they are all wrong for each other.
(c) He wishes his brother would marry someone of means.
(d) He hopes they will both leave the site and not return.
10. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
(a) A wounded Lucas.
(b) A wounded Michael.
(c) A wounded Abdullah.
(d) A wounded Walter.
11. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her coloring.
(d) Her clothing.
12. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(b) He is crying in his tent.
(c) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
13. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
(a) Hayes II.
(c) The Philea.
(d) The Cleopatra.
14. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
(a) She is marrying Lucas and leaving right away.
(b) She is leaving on the next train.
(c) She is in love with Radcliffe.
(d) She is marrying Walter.
15. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
(a) That she walk to the river alone.
(b) That she dye her hair and wear dark glasses.
(c) That she plan to meet Mohammed alone.
(d) That she be alone at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
2. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
3. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
4. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
5. What has Lucas brought with him to the camp site for protection?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)