|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
(a) That he is angry with Radcliffe.
(b) That he is bored with the search for the mummy.
(c) That he is in love with Evelyn.
(d) That he wants to leave the site.
2. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
(a) To study the king's tomb.
(b) To move on to Amadeus.
(c) To find an untouched mummy.
(d) To dig out form the current site.
3. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
(a) Hayes II.
(b) The Cleopatra.
(c) The Philea.
4. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is crying in his tent.
(b) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(c) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
5. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
(b) Lord Elesmere.
6. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To scare her.
(b) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(c) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(d) To murder her.
7. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) His shoe is on fire.
(b) His pocket is on fire.
(c) His hair is on fire.
(d) His tent is on fire.
8. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
9. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
10. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Let Lucas take them home.
(b) Leave the camp immediately.
(c) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(d) Return to the boat.
11. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(a) Smelling salts.
(d) A cigarette.
12. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(b) Her father.
13. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(b) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
(c) She returns home to write a book.
(d) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
14. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her coloring.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her hair.
15. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(b) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(c) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(d) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
2. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
3. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
4. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
5. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)