|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Amelia was too noisy.
(b) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
(c) Mohammed was not in town.
(d) Evelyn did not cooperate.
2. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
(a) That she walk to the river alone.
(b) That she be alone at night.
(c) That she plan to meet Mohammed alone.
(d) That she dye her hair and wear dark glasses.
3. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
(a) A song to lift their spirits.
(b) Pate and crackers.
(c) An explanation of how much he loves Evelyn.
(d) A fancy table with flowers, silverware and liquor for all.
4. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) A bottle of saki.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A bottle of rum.
5. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
(a) A wounded Abdullah.
(b) A wounded Walter.
(c) A wounded Lucas.
(d) A wounded Michael.
6. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To murder her.
(b) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(c) To scare her.
(d) To kill the cobra on her bed.
7. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To study archaeology.
(b) To meet the Emersons.
(c) To see Evelyn.
(d) To see the progress they have made.
8. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(b) Procuring firearms for everyone.
(c) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(d) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
9. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
10. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(a) Smelling salts.
(d) A cigarette.
11. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
(b) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
(c) Lucas has insulted Walter.
(d) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
12. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her coloring.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her weight.
13. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) Another glass of wine.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) A short moonlight stroll.
(d) Hot cocoa.
14. With what has Radcliffe been hit while standing in the doorway?
(a) A bit of flying rock.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A man's fist.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
15. Who is shooting at Radcliffe?
(b) The mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
2. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
3. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
4. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
5. Where does Emerson suspect the mummy's costume was purchased?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)