|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(b) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(c) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(d) Procuring firearms for everyone.
2. What is read from the papyrus?
(a) A poem about the Nile.
(b) A poem about Amon.
(c) A poem about lovers.
(d) A poem about pharaohs.
3. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
(a) Lord Elesmere.
4. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(a) A walk.
5. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of her wedding at this site.
(b) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(c) A vision of building her house here.
(d) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
6. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
(a) To study the king's tomb.
(b) To dig out form the current site.
(c) To find an untouched mummy.
(d) To move on to Amadeus.
7. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To not speak to him again.
(b) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(c) To eat a light dinner.
(d) To follow the plan and be careful
8. What did Evelyn's grandfather pack in her box of possessions that he sent out of the house?
(a) Pictures of her mother.
(b) A will leaving everything to Lucas.
(c) A letter explaining why he was so upset with her.
(d) A new, holographic will.
9. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To murder her.
(b) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(c) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(d) To scare her.
10. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(b) "Have a wonderful life!"
(c) "To Evelyn's future!"
(d) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
11. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is drinking on his boat.
(b) He is crying in his tent.
(c) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(d) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
12. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She returns home to write a book.
(b) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
(c) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(d) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
13. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Abdullah and Michael.
(b) Abdullah and Lucas.
(c) Evelyn and Walter.
(d) Lucas and Evelyn.
14. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) He hopes they will both leave the site and not return.
(b) He wishes his brother would marry someone of means.
(c) He hopes they marry right away.
(d) He thinks they are all wrong for each other.
15. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
(b) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
(c) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
(d) They fall off a small cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
2. Who does Lucas shoot and wound?
3. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
4. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
5. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)