|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her coloring.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her weight.
2. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Return to the boat.
(b) Let Lucas take them home.
(c) Leave the camp immediately.
(d) Look for Michael to take care of them.
3. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A foolish mistake."
(b) "A moment of aberration."
(c) "An honest mistake."
(d) "A slip of the tongue."
4. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
(b) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(c) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
(d) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
5. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of building her house here.
(b) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(c) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
(d) A vision of her wedding at this site.
6. Who among the group is best able to read the papyrus?
7. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
(b) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
(c) They fall off a small cliff.
(d) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
8. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(a) An avalanche.
(c) Evelyn's screams.
(d) Truck horns.
9. Where does Emerson suspect the mummy's costume was purchased?
(a) In Minieh.
(b) In Alexandria.
(c) In Maspero.
(d) In Cairo.
10. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
(a) She is marrying Lucas and leaving right away.
(b) She is marrying Walter.
(c) She is in love with Radcliffe.
(d) She is leaving on the next train.
11. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
12. What does Lucas reveal to Walter about Evelyn?
(a) That she is not who she says she is.
(b) That she is pregnant with his child.
(c) That she has three sisters.
(d) That she was involved with Alberto.
13. Who does Lucas shoot and wound?
14. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
(b) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
(c) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
(d) Hassain, the boat captain.
15. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(b) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(c) He is drinking on his boat.
(d) He is crying in his tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
2. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
3. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
4. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
5. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)