|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "Have a wonderful life!"
(b) "To Evelyn's future!"
(d) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
2. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(b) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(c) He is crying in his tent.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
3. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(b) To murder her.
(c) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(d) To scare her.
4. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She screams at him.
(d) She jumps out of bed.
5. Where does Michael go after he recovers from his injuries while held captive?
(a) He goes on the hunt for Lucas.
(b) He returns to Cairo.
(c) He leaves for Alexandria.
(d) He stays with Radcliffe and Amelia.
6. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the royal tomb.
(c) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
(d) To the balcony for a drink.
7. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
(a) The boxes of her belongings that her grandfather sent.
(b) The truth about her heritage.
(c) The money she has inherited.
(d) The possessions she left in Cairo.
8. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
9. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
(a) The Philea.
(b) Hayes II.
(c) The Cleopatra.
10. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Make a fire in the tomb.
(b) Fix dinner for the group.
(c) Tend to Michael.
(d) Find Hassain.
11. What has Lucas brought with him to the camp site for protection?
(a) A knife.
(b) A loaded gun.
(c) A chainsaw.
(d) A shotgun.
12. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
(a) A wounded Lucas.
(b) A wounded Michael.
(c) A wounded Walter.
(d) A wounded Abdullah.
13. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
14. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A foolish mistake."
(b) "A moment of aberration."
(c) "A slip of the tongue."
(d) "An honest mistake."
15. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
(a) That he is bored with the search for the mummy.
(b) That he wants to leave the site.
(c) That he is in love with Evelyn.
(d) That he is angry with Radcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
2. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
3. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
4. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
5. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)