|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her coloring.
(d) Her hair.
2. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
(b) He explains they have been drugged.
(c) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(d) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
3. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
(a) She jumps out of bed.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She screams at him.
4. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Fix dinner for the group.
(b) Make a fire in the tomb.
(c) Tend to Michael.
(d) Find Hassain.
5. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
6. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) A short moonlight stroll.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) Another glass of wine.
(d) Hot cocoa.
7. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(b) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(c) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
(d) She must have been lying about Alberto.
8. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
(a) Another section of pavement.
(b) The mummy's costume.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) Another mummy.
9. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the balcony for a drink.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the royal tomb.
(d) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
10. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) Hassain, the boat captain.
(b) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
(c) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
(d) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
11. What does Emerson suggest as a reason for the mummy not being harmed by the bullets Lucas fired?
(a) He is wearing protective padding.
(b) He is superhuman.
(c) He is wearing kevlar.
(d) He is covering up his wounds.
12. What did Evelyn's grandfather pack in her box of possessions that he sent out of the house?
(a) A new, holographic will.
(b) A letter explaining why he was so upset with her.
(c) Pictures of her mother.
(d) A will leaving everything to Lucas.
13. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(c) Her father.
14. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Evelyn did not cooperate.
(b) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
(c) Mohammed was not in town.
(d) Amelia was too noisy.
15. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
(a) A hieroglyphics.
(b) A papyrus.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A motor for his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
2. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
3. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
4. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
5. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)