|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
(a) Another mummy.
(b) Another section of pavement.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) The mummy's costume.
2. Who slaps Amelia across the face?
(b) The mummy.
3. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His crucifix with a broken chain.
(c) His pay stub.
(d) His amulet with a broken chain.
4. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
(b) Mohammed was not in town.
(c) Amelia was too noisy.
(d) Evelyn did not cooperate.
5. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
(a) That she be alone at night.
(b) That she walk to the river alone.
(c) That she dye her hair and wear dark glasses.
(d) That she plan to meet Mohammed alone.
6. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of building her house here.
(b) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(c) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
(d) A vision of her wedding at this site.
7. What is read from the papyrus?
(a) A poem about lovers.
(b) A poem about pharaohs.
(c) A poem about Amon.
(d) A poem about the Nile.
8. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
(b) Lucas has insulted Walter.
(c) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
(d) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
9. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Procuring firearms for everyone.
(b) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(c) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(d) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
10. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Return to the boat.
(b) Leave the camp immediately.
(c) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(d) Let Lucas take them home.
11. Where does Michael go after he recovers from his injuries while held captive?
(a) He returns to Cairo.
(b) He leaves for Alexandria.
(c) He stays with Radcliffe and Amelia.
(d) He goes on the hunt for Lucas.
12. What has Lucas brought with him to the camp site for protection?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A loaded gun.
(d) A knife.
13. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) A bottle of rum.
(d) A bottle of saki.
14. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) Smelling salts.
15. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(b) He explains they have been drugged.
(c) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
(d) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
2. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
3. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
4. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
5. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)