|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(b) Procuring firearms for everyone.
(c) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(d) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
2. Where does Emerson suspect the mummy's costume was purchased?
(a) In Minieh.
(b) In Cairo.
(c) In Alexandria.
(d) In Maspero.
3. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
(a) His pay stub.
(b) His amulet with a broken chain.
(c) His crucifix with a broken chain.
(d) His wallet.
4. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her coloring.
5. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
6. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
(a) She is in love with Radcliffe.
(b) She is leaving on the next train.
(c) She is marrying Walter.
(d) She is marrying Lucas and leaving right away.
7. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
8. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
(a) Pate and crackers.
(b) A fancy table with flowers, silverware and liquor for all.
(c) An explanation of how much he loves Evelyn.
(d) A song to lift their spirits.
9. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(b) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(c) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
(d) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
10. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
11. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has begun crying.
(b) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
(c) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
(d) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
12. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A slip of the tongue."
(b) "A foolish mistake."
(c) "An honest mistake."
(d) "A moment of aberration."
13. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
(b) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
(c) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(d) He explains they have been drugged.
14. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) His shoe is on fire.
(b) His tent is on fire.
(c) His hair is on fire.
(d) His pocket is on fire.
15. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To see the progress they have made.
(b) To see Evelyn.
(c) To meet the Emersons.
(d) To study archaeology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
2. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
3. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
4. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
5. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)