|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A foolish mistake."
(b) "A slip of the tongue."
(c) "An honest mistake."
(d) "A moment of aberration."
2. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
(b) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(c) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
(d) He explains they have been drugged.
3. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
(a) She wants Evelyn and Walter to be together.
(b) She wants Evelyn to take half of Lucas' money.
(c) She wants to leave Amarna immediately.
(d) She wants Lucas to help find the mummy.
4. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To follow the plan and be careful
(b) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(c) To eat a light dinner.
(d) To not speak to him again.
5. What does Emerson suggest as a reason for the mummy not being harmed by the bullets Lucas fired?
(a) He is wearing kevlar.
(b) He is superhuman.
(c) He is wearing protective padding.
(d) He is covering up his wounds.
6. What does Lucas reveal to Walter about Evelyn?
(a) That she is pregnant with his child.
(b) That she has three sisters.
(c) That she was involved with Alberto.
(d) That she is not who she says she is.
7. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(b) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
(c) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(d) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
8. What has Lucas brought with him to the camp site for protection?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A loaded gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A chainsaw.
9. Where does Michael go after he recovers from his injuries while held captive?
(a) He leaves for Alexandria.
(b) He returns to Cairo.
(c) He goes on the hunt for Lucas.
(d) He stays with Radcliffe and Amelia.
10. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
(a) The money she has inherited.
(b) The boxes of her belongings that her grandfather sent.
(c) The possessions she left in Cairo.
(d) The truth about her heritage.
11. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
(c) Lord Elesmere.
12. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
(b) They fall off a small cliff.
(c) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
(d) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
13. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have been lying about Alberto.
(b) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(c) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(d) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
14. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Abdullah and Michael.
(b) Evelyn and Walter.
(c) Lucas and Evelyn.
(d) Abdullah and Lucas.
15. Who slaps Amelia across the face?
(c) The mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
2. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
3. Who are the only two people who have not been harmed during the search for the mummy's identity?
4. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
5. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)