|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To see the progress they have made.
(b) To meet the Emersons.
(c) To see Evelyn.
(d) To study archaeology.
2. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To scare her.
(b) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(c) To murder her.
(d) To kill the cobra on her bed.
3. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Leave the camp immediately.
(b) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(c) Let Lucas take them home.
(d) Return to the boat.
4. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
5. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
(a) To find an untouched mummy.
(b) To study the king's tomb.
(c) To dig out form the current site.
(d) To move on to Amadeus.
6. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains they have been drugged.
(b) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
(c) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(d) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
7. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
(b) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
(c) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(d) She returns home to write a book.
8. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
(b) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(c) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
(d) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
9. Who is shooting at Radcliffe?
(b) The mummy.
10. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
11. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A slip of the tongue."
(b) "A moment of aberration."
(c) "A foolish mistake."
(d) "An honest mistake."
12. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She holds his hand.
(b) She kisses him on the cheek.
(c) She ignores his feelings.
(d) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
13. What has Lucas brought with him to the camp site for protection?
(a) A loaded gun.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shotgun.
14. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
15. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
(b) Lucas has insulted Walter.
(c) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
(d) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
2. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
3. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
4. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
5. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)