|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) Evelyn's screams.
(c) Truck horns.
2. Where does Michael go after he recovers from his injuries while held captive?
(a) He goes on the hunt for Lucas.
(b) He leaves for Alexandria.
(c) He stays with Radcliffe and Amelia.
(d) He returns to Cairo.
3. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "Have a wonderful life!"
(c) "To Evelyn's future!"
(d) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
4. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
5. Where does Emerson go the morning after the foiled attempt to find the identity of the mummy?
(a) To his pavement worksite.
(b) To find Abdullah.
(c) To his tomb.
(d) To his balcony for rest.
6. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
(a) She wants Evelyn to take half of Lucas' money.
(b) She wants Evelyn and Walter to be together.
(c) She wants to leave Amarna immediately.
(d) She wants Lucas to help find the mummy.
7. Who are the only two people who have not been harmed during the search for the mummy's identity?
(a) Amelia and Lucas.
(b) Michael and Amelia.
(c) Radcliffe and Evelyn.
(d) Amelia and Evelyn.
8. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
(a) "Why are you bothering us?"
(b) "You are not needed. My men will serve the meal."
(c) "Please do not interrupt our conversation."
(d) "You are fired!"
9. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the royal tomb.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
(d) To the balcony for a drink.
10. What does Lucas reveal to Walter about Evelyn?
(a) That she is pregnant with his child.
(b) That she is not who she says she is.
(c) That she was involved with Alberto.
(d) That she has three sisters.
11. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(b) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(c) Procuring firearms for everyone.
(d) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
12. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(b) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(c) To murder her.
(d) To scare her.
13. What did Evelyn's grandfather pack in her box of possessions that he sent out of the house?
(a) Pictures of her mother.
(b) A letter explaining why he was so upset with her.
(c) A new, holographic will.
(d) A will leaving everything to Lucas.
14. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
(a) A hieroglyphics.
(b) A papyrus.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A motor for his boat.
15. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To study archaeology.
(b) To see the progress they have made.
(c) To see Evelyn.
(d) To meet the Emersons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
2. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
3. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
4. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
5. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)