|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "An honest mistake."
(b) "A slip of the tongue."
(c) "A foolish mistake."
(d) "A moment of aberration."
2. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(b) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
(c) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
(d) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
3. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To see Evelyn.
(b) To meet the Emersons.
(c) To study archaeology.
(d) To see the progress they have made.
4. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is crying in his tent.
(b) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(c) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
5. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the royal tomb.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
(d) To the balcony for a drink.
6. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
(a) "You are not needed. My men will serve the meal."
(b) "Please do not interrupt our conversation."
(c) "You are fired!"
(d) "Why are you bothering us?"
7. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
(b) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
(c) They fall off a small cliff.
(d) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
8. With what has Radcliffe been hit while standing in the doorway?
(a) A bolt of lightning.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A bit of flying rock.
(d) A man's fist.
9. What is read from the papyrus?
(a) A poem about lovers.
(b) A poem about the Nile.
(c) A poem about pharaohs.
(d) A poem about Amon.
10. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
(b) "Have a wonderful life!"
(c) "To Evelyn's future!"
11. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
(b) Hassain, the boat captain.
(c) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
(d) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
12. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(d) Her father.
13. What does Lucas reveal to Walter about Evelyn?
(a) That she was involved with Alberto.
(b) That she is not who she says she is.
(c) That she is pregnant with his child.
(d) That she has three sisters.
14. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
(a) That he is angry with Radcliffe.
(b) That he is in love with Evelyn.
(c) That he is bored with the search for the mummy.
(d) That he wants to leave the site.
15. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Tend to Michael.
(b) Find Hassain.
(c) Fix dinner for the group.
(d) Make a fire in the tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
2. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
3. Who does Lucas shoot and wound?
4. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
5. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)