|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
(b) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(c) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
(d) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
2. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
3. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
4. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the balcony for a drink.
(b) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the royal tomb.
5. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) Smelling salts.
6. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(a) Truck horns.
(c) Evelyn's screams.
(d) An avalanche.
7. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
(a) Lord Elesmere.
8. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
(b) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
(c) She has begun crying.
(d) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
9. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A slip of the tongue."
(b) "A foolish mistake."
(c) "An honest mistake."
(d) "A moment of aberration."
10. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(b) To not speak to him again.
(c) To eat a light dinner.
(d) To follow the plan and be careful
11. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Lucas has insulted Walter.
(b) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
(c) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
(d) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
12. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
13. What does Lucas reveal to Walter about Evelyn?
(a) That she has three sisters.
(b) That she is not who she says she is.
(c) That she is pregnant with his child.
(d) That she was involved with Alberto.
14. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
(a) The importance of nature to the Egyptians.
(b) The god-like status of the crocodile.
(c) The dangers lovers will risk for true love.
(d) The dangers of crossing the NIle.
15. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
(a) To find an untouched mummy.
(b) To move on to Amadeus.
(c) To study the king's tomb.
(d) To dig out form the current site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
2. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
3. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
4. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
5. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)