|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
(a) To marry Evelyn so that Walter does not.
(b) Stop buying artifacts and return all he has to the British Museum.
(c) To leave the area immediately.
(d) To catch the wandering mummy.
2. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To eat a light dinner.
(b) To not speak to him again.
(c) To follow the plan and be careful
(d) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
3. Who slaps Amelia across the face?
(b) The mummy.
4. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
(a) Let Lucas and Evelyn go to Cairo and get help.
(b) Take the boat herself and get help.
(c) Dress in costume as a mummy herself.
(d) Take Lucas' revolver for her own.
5. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(b) A short moonlight stroll.
(c) Another glass of wine.
(d) Warm milk.
6. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(b) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
(c) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(d) She must have been lying about Alberto.
7. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) He wishes his brother would marry someone of means.
(b) He hopes they marry right away.
(c) He thinks they are all wrong for each other.
(d) He hopes they will both leave the site and not return.
8. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She kisses him on the cheek.
(b) She ignores his feelings.
(c) She holds his hand.
(d) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
9. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Leave the camp immediately.
(b) Let Lucas take them home.
(c) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(d) Return to the boat.
10. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(b) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(c) He is crying in his tent.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
11. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
(b) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
(c) They fall off a small cliff.
(d) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
12. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
13. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
(a) That he is bored with the search for the mummy.
(b) That he wants to leave the site.
(c) That he is in love with Evelyn.
(d) That he is angry with Radcliffe.
14. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(b) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(c) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(d) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
15. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She screams and falls to the floor.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She faints.
(d) She hits the shooter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
2. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
3. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
4. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
5. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)