|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) Another glass of wine.
(d) A short moonlight stroll.
2. Who among the group is best able to read the papyrus?
3. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To meet the Emersons.
(b) To study archaeology.
(c) To see Evelyn.
(d) To see the progress they have made.
4. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
(b) Hassain, the boat captain.
(c) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
(d) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
5. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(b) A walk.
6. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
(a) She is in love with Radcliffe.
(b) She is marrying Lucas and leaving right away.
(c) She is marrying Walter.
(d) She is leaving on the next train.
7. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A slip of the tongue."
(b) "An honest mistake."
(c) "A moment of aberration."
(d) "A foolish mistake."
8. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her coloring.
(d) Her weight.
9. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(a) Evelyn's screams.
(b) Truck horns.
(d) An avalanche.
10. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To follow the plan and be careful
(b) To not speak to him again.
(c) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(d) To eat a light dinner.
11. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(b) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(c) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(d) Procuring firearms for everyone.
12. Where does Michael go after he recovers from his injuries while held captive?
(a) He returns to Cairo.
(b) He goes on the hunt for Lucas.
(c) He stays with Radcliffe and Amelia.
(d) He leaves for Alexandria.
13. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Fix dinner for the group.
(b) Make a fire in the tomb.
(c) Find Hassain.
(d) Tend to Michael.
14. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Mohammed was not in town.
(b) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
(c) Amelia was too noisy.
(d) Evelyn did not cooperate.
15. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of building her house here.
(b) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(c) A vision of her wedding at this site.
(d) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
2. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
3. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
4. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
5. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)