|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
(a) A papyrus.
(b) A motor for his boat.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A hieroglyphics.
2. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
3. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
(d) Ellesmere Castle.
4. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
5. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of her wedding at this site.
(b) A vision of building her house here.
(c) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
(d) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
6. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(b) Her father.
7. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) A cigarette.
8. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
(a) She wants Lucas to help find the mummy.
(b) She wants Evelyn and Walter to be together.
(c) She wants to leave Amarna immediately.
(d) She wants Evelyn to take half of Lucas' money.
9. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
(a) The money she has inherited.
(b) The possessions she left in Cairo.
(c) The boxes of her belongings that her grandfather sent.
(d) The truth about her heritage.
10. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "Have a wonderful life!"
(c) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
(d) "To Evelyn's future!"
11. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(b) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(c) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
(d) He runs down the path and out to the road.
12. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(b) A short moonlight stroll.
(c) Warm milk.
(d) Another glass of wine.
13. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Abdullah and Michael.
(b) Abdullah and Lucas.
(c) Evelyn and Walter.
(d) Lucas and Evelyn.
14. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
(a) An explanation of how much he loves Evelyn.
(b) A fancy table with flowers, silverware and liquor for all.
(c) A song to lift their spirits.
(d) Pate and crackers.
15. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emerson suspect the mummy's costume was purchased?
2. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
3. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
4. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
5. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)