|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emerson go the morning after the foiled attempt to find the identity of the mummy?
(a) To his tomb.
(b) To find Abdullah.
(c) To his pavement worksite.
(d) To his balcony for rest.
2. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
3. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
(a) To hold him hostage from the mayor.
(b) To get him out of town.
(c) To bring the mummy out in the daylight.
(d) To force him to admit he is a fraud.
4. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
(a) The boxes of her belongings that her grandfather sent.
(b) The possessions she left in Cairo.
(c) The truth about her heritage.
(d) The money she has inherited.
5. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His amulet with a broken chain.
(c) His crucifix with a broken chain.
(d) His pay stub.
6. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
(a) To move on to Amadeus.
(b) To dig out form the current site.
(c) To study the king's tomb.
(d) To find an untouched mummy.
7. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(b) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(c) He is drinking on his boat.
(d) He is crying in his tent.
8. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
(a) The dangers lovers will risk for true love.
(b) The importance of nature to the Egyptians.
(c) The dangers of crossing the NIle.
(d) The god-like status of the crocodile.
9. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
10. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(b) Her father.
11. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Abdullah and Michael.
(b) Evelyn and Walter.
(c) Abdullah and Lucas.
(d) Lucas and Evelyn.
12. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "To Evelyn's future!"
(b) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
(d) "Have a wonderful life!"
13. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(b) Procuring firearms for everyone.
(c) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(d) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
14. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(b) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(c) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
(d) He runs down the path and out to the road.
15. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(b) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(c) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
(d) She must have been lying about Alberto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is read from the papyrus?
2. Who slaps Amelia across the face?
3. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
4. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
5. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)