|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Evelyn's grandfather pack in her box of possessions that he sent out of the house?
(a) A will leaving everything to Lucas.
(b) A new, holographic will.
(c) Pictures of her mother.
(d) A letter explaining why he was so upset with her.
2. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
(a) To leave the area immediately.
(b) Stop buying artifacts and return all he has to the British Museum.
(c) To marry Evelyn so that Walter does not.
(d) To catch the wandering mummy.
3. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
(b) The Philea.
(c) The Cleopatra.
(d) Hayes II.
4. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
5. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
(a) To get him out of town.
(b) To hold him hostage from the mayor.
(c) To bring the mummy out in the daylight.
(d) To force him to admit he is a fraud.
6. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
(a) That she be alone at night.
(b) That she dye her hair and wear dark glasses.
(c) That she plan to meet Mohammed alone.
(d) That she walk to the river alone.
7. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She hits the shooter.
(b) She screams and falls to the floor.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She faints.
8. Who among the group is best able to read the papyrus?
9. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
(b) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
(c) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(d) He explains they have been drugged.
10. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
(b) A vision of building her house here.
(c) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(d) A vision of her wedding at this site.
11. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Lucas and Evelyn.
(b) Abdullah and Michael.
(c) Evelyn and Walter.
(d) Abdullah and Lucas.
12. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her coloring.
13. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
(b) She kisses him on the cheek.
(c) She ignores his feelings.
(d) She holds his hand.
14. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To meet the Emersons.
(b) To see the progress they have made.
(c) To study archaeology.
(d) To see Evelyn.
15. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To murder her.
(b) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(c) To scare her.
(d) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
2. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
3. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
4. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
5. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)