|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Leave the camp immediately.
(b) Let Lucas take them home.
(c) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(d) Return to the boat.
2. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(b) He is crying in his tent.
(c) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
(d) He is drinking on his boat.
3. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has begun crying.
(b) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
(c) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
(d) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
4. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
(a) Another mummy.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) The mummy's costume.
(d) Another section of pavement.
5. What does Amelia consider an intolerable solution to the problem of the mummy?
(a) Leaving the Emersons and returning home.
(b) Traveling with Lucas on his boat.
(c) Allowing Evelyn to sleep alone in the boat.
(d) Procuring firearms for everyone.
6. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the royal tomb.
(b) To the balcony for a drink.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
7. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
8. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
(b) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
(c) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(d) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
9. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
(b) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
(c) Hassain, the boat captain.
(d) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
10. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(c) A walk.
11. What does Evelyn suggest as bait for the mummy?
(a) That she dye her hair and wear dark glasses.
(b) That she walk to the river alone.
(c) That she be alone at night.
(d) That she plan to meet Mohammed alone.
12. What is Lucas' toast to the couple after they decide to marry?
(a) "To Evelyn's future!"
(c) "Have a wonderful life!"
(d) "To Evelyn and Walter!"
13. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
(a) To marry Evelyn so that Walter does not.
(b) To catch the wandering mummy.
(c) Stop buying artifacts and return all he has to the British Museum.
(d) To leave the area immediately.
14. Who does Emerson think engaged the mummy to frighten the Emersons away?
(d) Lord Elesmere.
15. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
(a) "You are fired!"
(b) "Please do not interrupt our conversation."
(c) "Why are you bothering us?"
(d) "You are not needed. My men will serve the meal."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
2. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
3. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
4. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
5. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)