|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
2. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To murder her.
(b) To scare her.
(c) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(d) To kill the cobra on her bed.
3. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
(b) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(c) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(d) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
4. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She holds his hand.
(b) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
(c) She ignores his feelings.
(d) She kisses him on the cheek.
5. What does Lucas offer to obtain for Evelyn?
(a) The possessions she left in Cairo.
(b) The boxes of her belongings that her grandfather sent.
(c) The money she has inherited.
(d) The truth about her heritage.
6. What does Lucas have that interests the entire group?
(a) A hieroglyphics.
(b) An amulet.
(c) A papyrus.
(d) A motor for his boat.
7. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(c) Her father.
8. Who is shooting at Radcliffe?
(d) The mummy.
9. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) His pocket is on fire.
(b) His tent is on fire.
(c) His hair is on fire.
(d) His shoe is on fire.
10. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To meet the Emersons.
(b) To see the progress they have made.
(c) To study archaeology.
(d) To see Evelyn.
11. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(c) A walk.
12. Who are the only two people who have not been harmed during the search for the mummy's identity?
(a) Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) Michael and Amelia.
(c) Amelia and Lucas.
(d) Radcliffe and Evelyn.
13. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
(a) A song to lift their spirits.
(b) A fancy table with flowers, silverware and liquor for all.
(c) An explanation of how much he loves Evelyn.
(d) Pate and crackers.
14. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Fix dinner for the group.
(b) Make a fire in the tomb.
(c) Find Hassain.
(d) Tend to Michael.
15. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
(a) A wounded Michael.
(b) A wounded Walter.
(c) A wounded Abdullah.
(d) A wounded Lucas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
2. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
3. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
4. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
5. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)