|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only two people who have not been harmed during the search for the mummy's identity?
(a) Michael and Amelia.
(b) Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) Radcliffe and Evelyn.
(d) Amelia and Lucas.
2. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To scare her.
(b) To murder her.
(c) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(d) To kill the cobra on her bed.
3. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
(a) Dress in costume as a mummy herself.
(b) Take Lucas' revolver for her own.
(c) Take the boat herself and get help.
(d) Let Lucas and Evelyn go to Cairo and get help.
4. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
(a) Hayes II.
(c) The Cleopatra.
(d) The Philea.
5. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
(b) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
(c) Hassain, the boat captain.
(d) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
6. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(b) Her father.
7. Who is shooting at Radcliffe?
(a) The mummy.
8. What does Walter want Amelia and Evelyn to do now that the danger has increased?
(a) Look for Michael to take care of them.
(b) Return to the boat.
(c) Let Lucas take them home.
(d) Leave the camp immediately.
9. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She kisses him on the cheek.
(b) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
(c) She ignores his feelings.
(d) She holds his hand.
10. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(a) Smelling salts.
(b) A cigarette.
11. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
(a) "Why are you bothering us?"
(b) "You are fired!"
(c) "Please do not interrupt our conversation."
(d) "You are not needed. My men will serve the meal."
12. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
(b) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
(c) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
(d) Lucas has insulted Walter.
13. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams and falls to the floor.
(d) She hits the shooter.
14. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(b) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
(c) She returns home to write a book.
(d) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
15. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
2. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
3. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
4. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
5. Why does Lucas propose to capture Mohammed?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)