|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(c) A walk.
2. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bottle of rum.
(c) A bottle of saki.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
3. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To follow the plan and be careful
(b) To not speak to him again.
(c) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(d) To eat a light dinner.
4. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To see the progress they have made.
(b) To see Evelyn.
(c) To study archaeology.
(d) To meet the Emersons.
5. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
(a) She wants to leave Amarna immediately.
(b) She wants Evelyn and Walter to be together.
(c) She wants Lucas to help find the mummy.
(d) She wants Evelyn to take half of Lucas' money.
6. When Amelia returns to the campsite, what does she learn that Radcliffe has found?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) Another mummy.
(c) The mummy's costume.
(d) Another section of pavement.
7. Why do Lucas and Walter get into a fight as they are walking with Evelyn?
(a) Lucas has insulted Walter.
(b) Walter has lost his mind and is delirius.
(c) Lucas has insulted Evelyn's honor.
(d) Walter has wanted to punch Lucas for days.
8. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(b) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
(c) She returns home to write a book.
(d) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
9. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She kisses him on the cheek.
(b) She ignores his feelings.
(c) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
(d) She holds his hand.
10. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(b) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(c) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
(d) She must have been lying about Alberto.
11. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
(d) Her father.
12. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
13. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(a) Evelyn's screams.
(b) Truck horns.
(c) An avalanche.
14. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She screams and falls to the floor.
(b) She hits the shooter.
(c) She faints.
(d) She runs away.
15. How does Emerson explain the fact that they are so groggy after drinking the wine?
(a) He explains they are too tired to sleep.
(b) He explains it is too warm to sleep in the tomb.
(c) He explains they have been drugged.
(d) He explains there are noises that sound like the mummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Radcliffe been hit while standing in the doorway?
2. Who are the only two people who have not been harmed during the search for the mummy's identity?
3. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
4. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
5. What does Amelia tell Radcliffe as they end their conversation about Walter and Evelyn?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)