|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her coloring.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her clothing.
2. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A bottle of saki.
(c) A bottle of champagne.
(d) A bottle of rum.
3. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
(a) She wraps an arm around his shoulders.
(b) She kisses him on the cheek.
(c) She holds his hand.
(d) She ignores his feelings.
4. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the balcony for a drink.
(c) To the royal tomb.
(d) To the tomb with all of the archaeological tools.
5. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
(b) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
(c) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
(d) She has begun crying.
6. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
(c) A walk.
7. Why has Radcliffe entered Amelia's room with a gun?
(a) To scare the mummy from its hiding place.
(b) To kill the cobra on her bed.
(c) To scare her.
(d) To murder her.
8. Who does Lucas shoot and wound?
9. What does Lucas say to Michael when he approaches the table?
(a) "Why are you bothering us?"
(b) "Please do not interrupt our conversation."
(c) "You are fired!"
(d) "You are not needed. My men will serve the meal."
10. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To meet the Emersons.
(b) To see the progress they have made.
(c) To see Evelyn.
(d) To study archaeology.
11. What is one alternative considered by Amelia as a solution to the problem?
(a) Take Lucas' revolver for her own.
(b) Let Lucas and Evelyn go to Cairo and get help.
(c) Dress in costume as a mummy herself.
(d) Take the boat herself and get help.
12. What does Lucas prepare for the group in the late afternoon after Radcliffe is injured?
(a) A song to lift their spirits.
(b) An explanation of how much he loves Evelyn.
(c) Pate and crackers.
(d) A fancy table with flowers, silverware and liquor for all.
13. Who gives Radcliffe a papyrus?
14. Where does Emerson go the morning after the foiled attempt to find the identity of the mummy?
(a) To his pavement worksite.
(b) To find Abdullah.
(c) To his tomb.
(d) To his balcony for rest.
15. What does Amelia do after Radcliffe fires the gun in her room?
(a) She jumps out of bed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She screams at him.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
2. What does Lucas suggest to Amelia as a means of helping them both fall asleep?
3. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
4. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
5. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)