|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
(a) A wounded Michael.
(b) A wounded Lucas.
(c) A wounded Walter.
(d) A wounded Abdullah.
2. What is read from the papyrus?
(a) A poem about Amon.
(b) A poem about the Nile.
(c) A poem about lovers.
(d) A poem about pharaohs.
3. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Mohammed was not in town.
(b) Evelyn did not cooperate.
(c) Amelia was too noisy.
(d) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
4. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of rum.
(d) A bottle of saki.
5. What is the crocodile a symbol for in the reading of the papyrus?
(a) The dangers of crossing the NIle.
(b) The god-like status of the crocodile.
(c) The importance of nature to the Egyptians.
(d) The dangers lovers will risk for true love.
6. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) He thinks they are all wrong for each other.
(b) He hopes they will both leave the site and not return.
(c) He wishes his brother would marry someone of means.
(d) He hopes they marry right away.
7. What happens to Radcliffe and Amelia that injures Radcliffe?
(a) A bat in the tomb bites Radcliffe.
(b) Radcliffe trips and injures his leg.
(c) Rocks fall and nearly kill them.
(d) They fall off a small cliff.
8. Where are Walter and Evelyn living at the end of the story?
(c) Ellesmere Castle.
9. Who is waiting to take care of Amelia and Radcliffe after his injury?
(a) Abdullah and Lucas.
(b) Lucas and Evelyn.
(c) Abdullah and Michael.
(d) Evelyn and Walter.
10. Where does Emerson think Lucas has gone now that he has lost Evelyn to Walter?
(a) He is looking for the mummy on his own.
(b) He is crying in his tent.
(c) He is drinking on his boat.
(d) He has left the camp and returned home to England.
11. Why has Lucas Hayes joined the group in Amarna?
(a) To study archaeology.
(b) To see the progress they have made.
(c) To meet the Emersons.
(d) To see Evelyn.
12. What is Amelia left to do while the others are chasing the mummy?
(a) Find Hassain.
(b) Make a fire in the tomb.
(c) Fix dinner for the group.
(d) Tend to Michael.
13. With what has Radcliffe been hit while standing in the doorway?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A man's fist.
(c) A bit of flying rock.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
14. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
(b) She returns home to write a book.
(c) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
(d) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
15. Who does Lucas ask to bring Evelyn and Walter out to join the group?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
2. What does Evelyn announce as they are having tea?
3. Who among the group is best able to read the papyrus?
4. Where does Radcliffe take Amelia after lunch?
5. What project does Emerson announce he would like to begin next?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)