|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan do Radcliffe and Amelia make to escape from the tomb in which they are trapped by Lucas?
(a) Radcliffe will fire the pistol to cause an avalanche onto Lucas.
(b) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill and try to hit Lucas.
(c) Amelia will roll rocks down the hill while Radcliffe gets behind Lucas.
(d) Radcliffe will lower Amelia down to the path for her excape.
2. Who is finally exposed as the mummy?
(a) The mayor, Mohammed's father.
(b) Hassain, the boat captain.
(c) Mohammed, Lucas' employee.
(d) Alberto, Evelyn's former lover.
3. What sounds do Radcliffe and Amelia hear as they are tending to the victim on the path?
(b) Evelyn's screams.
(c) Truck horns.
(d) An avalanche.
4. What does Lucas propose foiled the plan to catch Mohammed leave his house one night?
(a) Mohammed was not in town.
(b) Amelia was too noisy.
(c) Evelyn did not cooperate.
(d) Mohammed was warned in advance of their plan to catch him.
5. What does Amelia use to revive herself from her groggy state?
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) A cigarette.
6. After the mystery of the mummy is solved, what happens to Amelia?
(a) She leaves Walter, and Evelyn settles happily in Amarna.
(b) She returns home to write a book.
(c) She marries Radcliffe and they have a child.
(d) She returns to England with Radcliffe.
7. What do Emerson and Amelia deduce about Evelyn while stuck in their tomb?
(a) She must have been sick when she was in Rome.
(b) She must have been in love with Lucas when she was younger.
(c) She must have inherited her grandfather's money.
(d) She must have been lying about Alberto.
8. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
(b) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
(c) She has begun crying.
(d) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
9. Who finally subdues Lucas during the gunshots?
10. Who announces to the group that a visitor has arrived?
11. What does Amelia realize when she sees Lucas approaching the group?
(a) She wants Lucas to help find the mummy.
(b) She wants Evelyn to take half of Lucas' money.
(c) She wants to leave Amarna immediately.
(d) She wants Evelyn and Walter to be together.
12. When did Lucas actually arrive in a town nearby to Amarna?
(a) A week before Amelia and Evelyn.
(b) The day before Amelia and Evelyn.
(c) A few days after Amelia and Evelyn.
(d) Two weeks before Amelia and Evelyn.
13. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She screams and falls to the floor.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She faints.
(d) She hits the shooter.
14. What does Amelia tell Lucas will redeem him in the eyes of Radcliffe Emerson?
(a) To marry Evelyn so that Walter does not.
(b) To leave the area immediately.
(c) To catch the wandering mummy.
(d) Stop buying artifacts and return all he has to the British Museum.
15. With what has Radcliffe been hit while standing in the doorway?
(a) A man's fist.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A bit of flying rock.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
2. Who do Emerson and Amelia find at the bottom of the path?
3. Who is shooting at Radcliffe?
4. What does Lucas bring back with him to the camp site after the engagement of Walter and Evelyn?
5. What did Evelyn's grandfather pack in her box of possessions that he sent out of the house?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)