|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Evelyn doing while Amelia works on the pavement?
(a) She is taking lunch.
(b) She is flirting with Walter.
(c) She is copying the painting on the pavement.
(d) She is helping to clean the pavement.
2. How does Emerson react when Amelia and Evelyn tell him of their nightly experiences?
(a) He believes Amelia's story, but cannot think who would do such a thing.
(b) He believes Abdullah to be the mummy wandering at night.
(c) He laughs at the two women and tells them to go home.
(d) He believes Mohammed to be the mummy wandering at night.
3. What does Amelia tell Walter to instruct the cooks to make for the group the day following Radcliffe's crisis?
(a) Pea soup.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Shepherd's pie.
4. Whom does Amelia immediately suspect of being the apparition in her room at night?
5. Where do Amelia and Evelyn spend their time while in Cairo?
(a) Going to the bazarrs, saloons, and city parks.
(b) Going to the parks, mosques, and the movies.
(c) Going to the bazaars, the mosques, and the Citadel.
(d) Going to the churches, shopping centers, and the movies.
6. Where do Amelia and Evelyn go to secure their transportation through Egypt?
7. What two traits does Amelia credit Evelyn with after her meeting with Lucas?
(a) Being too honest and too beautiful.
(b) Being too simple and too honest.
(c) Being too kind and too honest.
(d) Being too immature and too kind.
8. Who do they learn has actually discovered the tomb?
9. What does Amelia remember from her hotel in Cairo while she is talking to Emerson?
(a) Her nightmares at the hotel.
(b) Her asking Evelyn to join her in Egypt.
(c) Her night visitor dressed as an Egyptian.
(d) Her slovenly packing.
10. What does Evelyn want to learn more about so that she may improve her drawings?
11. What is a dahabeeyah?
(a) A paddleboat.
(b) An elaborate houseboat.
(c) A steamship.
(d) A luxury liner.
12. Where is Radcliffe while Amelia and Evelyn are working?
(a) Talking to the workmen.
(b) Cleaning off artifacts.
(c) Excavating at a site.
(d) Resting from his illness.
13. What does Amelia add to the tapioca and water to wash the pavement at the dig site?
(a) Starch and bismuth.
(b) Salt and tea.
(c) Starch and salt.
(d) Tea and bismuth.
14. How do Alberto and Evelyn pay their way across Europe?
(a) They live on Alberto's fortune.
(b) They work in hotels.
(c) They inherit from Evelyn's father.
(d) They sell Evelyn's jewelry.
15. Who has followed Evelyn to Cairo and appears at her door her last night there?
(d) M. Maspero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boat that Amelia and Evelyn finally decide on?
2. What does Amelia receive upon her father's death?
3. What does Alberto offer when he speaks to Evelyn in her sitting room?
4. How long does Amelia tell Michael they will stay to take care of Radcliffe?
5. Why does Abdullah think the men have stopped singing while they work?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)