|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is outside of the sitting room ready to assist Amelia with Alberto?
2. Who of the party decides to go to the tomb and examine it?
(a) Walter and Amelia.
(b) Walter and Evelyn.
(c) Emerson and Amelia.
(d) Walter and Emerson.
3. What have the men found at a tomb in the cliffs?
(a) A king's fortune.
(b) A trunk filled with gold coins.
(c) The costume the mummy has been wearing.
(d) A mummy.
4. How does Walter describe his brother's condition to Amelia?
(a) "Desperately, dangerously ill."
(b) "Surprisingly weak and undernurished."
(c) "Desperately overworked."
(d) "Feverish and delirious."
5. How many children are in Amelia's family?
(a) She has seven brothers and sisters.
(b) She has three siblings.
(c) She has six younger brothers.
(d) She has five older brothers.
6. What do the villagers say that they see at night?
(a) Amon's ghostly figure.
(b) The stars in the sky.
(c) The ghost of Pharaoh Khuenaten.
(d) The mummy walking through their village.
7. What does Amelia learn from her father's friend at the Finance Ministry?
(a) The expedition in Cairo is cursed.
(b) Evelyn's grandfather has recently died.
(c) Alberto is not leaving Cairo.
(d) Michael is not to be trusted.
8. How do Alberto and Evelyn pay their way across Europe?
(a) They live on Alberto's fortune.
(b) They work in hotels.
(c) They inherit from Evelyn's father.
(d) They sell Evelyn's jewelry.
9. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
(a) Mr. Michael Bedawee, her guide.
(b) Mr. Samuel Maspero, her tutor.
(c) Mr. Lucas Hayes, her cousin.
(d) Mr. Fletcher, her lawyer.
10. Why does Michael come in search of Amelia when she is shopping for medical supplies?
(a) His daughter has run away.
(b) His daughter is having a baby.
(c) His daughter has left with M.Maspero.
(d) His daughter is sick and needs medical attention.
11. What does Emerson warn Amelia about working with her hands?
(a) They may take a long time to recover in the desert.
(b) She needs to wear gloves.
(c) They might become gangrened.
(d) They could become infected and need to be amputated.
12. What does Amelia propose that she and Evelyn do immediately?
(a) Leave Egypt.
(b) Leave the hotel.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Leave Cairo.
13. What does a merchant thrust in Evelyn's face as the two women walk through town?
(a) A mummy's face.
(b) A mummy's hand.
(c) A mummy's leg.
(d) A mummy's arm.
14. What do body cavities of mummies often contain?
15. What do Radcliffe and Amelia discuss the day after his illness, as he recovers?
(a) Khuenaten and hieroglyphics.
(b) Women working outside of the home.
(c) Evelyn and Walter.
(d) Medical curatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evelyn doing while Amelia works on the pavement?
2. Where does Amelia visit again before leaving Cairo?
3. Where do Amelia and Evelyn first go to see the pyramids?
4. Where do Amelia and Evelyn stay while in Cairo?
5. Who wrote the book of hieroglyphics that Amelia has with her on the trip?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)