|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emerson scream at first thing in the morning?
2. What places does Amelia want to travel to and see?
(a) The places she had read about when she was a child.
(b) The places she had been as a child.
(c) The places her brothers suggested she go.
(d) The places her father had studied.
3. What is Evelyn doing while Amelia works on the pavement?
(a) She is flirting with Walter.
(b) She is helping to clean the pavement.
(c) She is taking lunch.
(d) She is copying the painting on the pavement.
4. What have the men found at a tomb in the cliffs?
(a) A trunk filled with gold coins.
(b) The costume the mummy has been wearing.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A king's fortune.
5. What does Amelia notice About Radcliffe with his beard shaved off?
(a) He has a dimple in his chin.
(b) He has a small lower jaw.
(c) He has terrible acne scars.
(d) He has a weak chin.
6. What does Amelia see standing over her bed in the middle of the night?
(a) Evelyn in her nightgown.
(b) An apparition swathed in white mist.
(c) Alberto in a costume.
(d) A burglar dressed in black.
7. Who do they learn has actually discovered the tomb?
8. Where do Amelia and Evelyn go to secure their transportation through Egypt?
9. How old is Amelia when her father dies?
10. What two traits does Amelia credit Evelyn with after her meeting with Lucas?
(a) Being too immature and too kind.
(b) Being too honest and too beautiful.
(c) Being too simple and too honest.
(d) Being too kind and too honest.
11. In what village do Amelia and Evelyn stop despite Hassan's reluctance?
(a) Haggi Qandil.
(b) Qandia Luzat.
(d) Beheva Maji.
12. What happens to her companion when Amelia reaches Rome?
(a) She falls ill with polio.
(b) She falls ill with malaria.
(c) She falls ill with the flu.
(d) She falls ill with typhoid.
13. What do body cavities of mummies often contain?
14. What does a merchant thrust in Evelyn's face as the two women walk through town?
(a) A mummy's hand.
(b) A mummy's leg.
(c) A mummy's face.
(d) A mummy's arm.
15. Where is Radcliffe while Amelia and Evelyn are working?
(a) Talking to the workmen.
(b) Resting from his illness.
(c) Cleaning off artifacts.
(d) Excavating at a site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emerson and Abdullah agree on about the situation with the villagers?
2. What does Amelia think about before falling asleep the night she meets Alberto?
3. Which is the largest of the pyramids?
4. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
5. Who has followed Evelyn to Cairo and appears at her door her last night there?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)