|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the mummy escape with his victim?
(a) He jumps off a cliff and into a lake.
(b) He runs away from the site and toward the Philae.
(c) He runs down the path and out to the road.
(d) He jumps off a ledge and runs away.
2. How does Emerson react when Amelia and Evelyn tell him of their nightly experiences?
(a) He laughs at the two women and tells them to go home.
(b) He believes Amelia's story, but cannot think who would do such a thing.
(c) He believes Abdullah to be the mummy wandering at night.
(d) He believes Mohammed to be the mummy wandering at night.
3. What does Amelia hear in her room in the middle of the night?
(a) The sound of a truck engine.
(b) The honk of a car horn.
(c) The rustling of a dressing gown.
(d) The squeak of a floorboard near her bed.
4. What does Lucas tell Evelyn about her grandfather's estate?
(a) She is not entitled to any inheritance.
(b) She is entitled to the jewelry in the family.
(c) She is entitled to the house and its furnishings.
(d) She is entitled to half of it.
5. Who do Emerson and Amelia go to visit in the village?
(a) The local newspaper editor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The employment office,
(d) The govenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
2. What do Radcliffe and Amelia discuss the day after his illness, as he recovers?
3. What does Amelia propose that she and Evelyn do immediately?
4. Where does Amelia want to stop to see the tombs of the Twelfth Dynasty?
5. How do Alberto and Evelyn pay their way across Europe?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)