|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amelia think of Radcliffe as she continues on her trip?
(a) A wild monkey in a tree.
(b) A stinging mosquito producing an itching spot.
(c) A stinging wasp leaving swelling and pain.
(d) A loud elephant who is always moving.
2. What does Emerson warn Amelia about working with her hands?
(a) They may take a long time to recover in the desert.
(b) They could become infected and need to be amputated.
(c) They might become gangrened.
(d) She needs to wear gloves.
3. How does Evelyn meet Alberto?
(a) Her father hires him as a drawing instructor.
(b) Her father hires him as a riding instructor.
(c) Her father hires him as his barrister.
(d) Her father hires him as the architect.
4. Who does Emerson scream at first thing in the morning?
5. What does Amelia hear in her room in the middle of the night?
(a) The sound of a truck engine.
(b) The squeak of a floorboard near her bed.
(c) The honk of a car horn.
(d) The rustling of a dressing gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tonic does Amelia finally get Emerson to swallow?
2. What does Amelia notice About Radcliffe with his beard shaved off?
3. How does Amelia react when she sees the apparition?
4. What do Evelyn and Amelia decide to do first thing in the morning after their midnight talk?
5. What does Lucas tell Evelyn about her grandfather's estate?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)