|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia receive upon her father's death?
(a) All of his money.
(b) A third of his money.
(c) His house and a sixth of his money.
(d) His house and all of his belongings.
2. How many men are working at the site with Walter and Abdullah?
(a) One hundred men.
(b) More than fifty men.
(c) Ten men.
(d) Twenty-five men.
3. Where does Amelia visit again before leaving Cairo?
(a) The tomb in which the Emersons are working.
(b) The Great Pyramid.
(c) M. Maspero's museum.
4. Who does Emerson scream at first thing in the morning?
5. Who is Reis Hassan?
(a) The repairman.
(b) The captain of their boat.
(c) The owner of their boat.
(d) The translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the local workmen no longer work for the Emersons?
2. How does Evelyn meet Alberto?
3. Why does Walter speak curtly to Radcliffe during their dinner?
4. What does Emerson say about Evelyn's drawings of the pavement?
5. What does Radcliffe notice about Amelia's hands while they are having dinner?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)