|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia hear in her room in the middle of the night?
(a) The squeak of a floorboard near her bed.
(b) The honk of a car horn.
(c) The sound of a truck engine.
(d) The rustling of a dressing gown.
2. How does Evelyn meet Alberto?
(a) Her father hires him as a drawing instructor.
(b) Her father hires him as the architect.
(c) Her father hires him as a riding instructor.
(d) Her father hires him as his barrister.
3. What does Amelia see while taking tea and visiting the place where Caesar died?
(a) A murder.
(b) A crowd of people on the street gathering around someone on the ground.
(c) A crowd of people waiting to meet the British woman on her way to Egypt.
(d) A robbery.
4. Why do the two women hire Michael Bedawee?
(a) To clean their boat.
(b) To guide them to the Nile.
(c) To be the dragoman.
(d) To help them speak Arabic.
5. What does Alberto offer when he speaks to Evelyn in her sitting room?
(a) He proposes to run away with her.
(b) He offers a divorce.
(c) He proposes to marry her.
(d) He offers to take her back to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Amelia and Evelyn meet while at the museum?
2. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
3. How many children are in Amelia's family?
4. To whom is Evelyn related?
5. What two traits does Amelia credit Evelyn with after her meeting with Lucas?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)