|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia learn from her father's friend at the Finance Ministry?
(a) Alberto is not leaving Cairo.
(b) Michael is not to be trusted.
(c) Evelyn's grandfather has recently died.
(d) The expedition in Cairo is cursed.
2. What instrument do the two women decide to bring onto their boat?
(a) A harpsichord.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A piano.
3. What interrupts the evening for Amelia and Evelyn and sends them back to their rooms?
(a) Evelyn and Walter argue.
(b) Amelia and Radcliffe argue.
(c) Walter attempts to kiss Evelyn in public.
(d) Evelyn faints.
4. Who arrives in Cairo as Amelia and Evelyn prepare to leave?
(a) M. Maspero.
(b) The Earl of Ellesmore.
(c) Mr. Lucas Hayes.
(d) Evelyn's brother, Timothy.
5. What does Lucas tell Evelyn about her grandfather's estate?
(a) She is entitled to the house and its furnishings.
(b) She is entitled to half of it.
(c) She is entitled to the jewelry in the family.
(d) She is not entitled to any inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hills surround the pyramids near Cairo?
2. What does Amelia receive upon her father's death?
3. How do Walter and Radcliffe travel in Egypt?
4. Where does Amelia visit again before leaving Cairo?
5. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)