|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
(a) Mr. Michael Bedawee, her guide.
(b) Mr. Samuel Maspero, her tutor.
(c) Mr. Fletcher, her lawyer.
(d) Mr. Lucas Hayes, her cousin.
2. What does Amelia demand of one of the onlookers when she reaches the fallen woman on the street?
(a) HIs overcoat to put over the frail woman in the street.
(b) His wife's coat to cover the frail woman in the street.
(c) His car in which to take the frail woman home.
(d) His unbrella to shield the frail woman from the rain.
3. What is a dahabeeyah?
(a) A steamship.
(b) An elaborate houseboat.
(c) A paddleboat.
(d) A luxury liner.
4. How does Evelyn find herself alone on the streets of Rome?
(a) Alberto has taken her belongings and deserted her.
(b) Alberto and Evelyn have had a fist fight.
(c) Alberto has gone back to England for three months.
(d) Alberto and Evelyn have been kicked out of their apartment.
5. Who first teaches Evelyn how to draw?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Lucas Hayes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia see while taking tea and visiting the place where Caesar died?
2. Where do Amelia and Evelyn stay while in Cairo?
3. Where do Amelia and Evelyn spend their time while in Cairo?
4. How do Alberto and Evelyn pay their way across Europe?
5. Why does Michael come in search of Amelia when she is shopping for medical supplies?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)