|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Amelia and Evelyn meet while at the museum?
(a) Simon Vance.
(c) The Emerson brothers.
(d) Lucas Hayes.
2. Where does Amelia take the woman who has fainted on the street?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To the restaurant for soup.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her hotel.
3. From whom does Amelia learn foreign languages?
(a) From her sister.
(b) From her uncle.
(c) From her father.
(d) From her brother.
4. What happens to her companion when Amelia reaches Rome?
(a) She falls ill with malaria.
(b) She falls ill with polio.
(c) She falls ill with the flu.
(d) She falls ill with typhoid.
5. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
(a) Mr. Lucas Hayes, her cousin.
(b) Mr. Fletcher, her lawyer.
(c) Mr. Samuel Maspero, her tutor.
(d) Mr. Michael Bedawee, her guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia demand of one of the onlookers when she reaches the fallen woman on the street?
2. Who do Amelia and Evelyn see at dinner in their hotel the last night they are in Cairo?
3. To whom is Evelyn related?
4. Why do the two women hire Michael Bedawee?
5. Who first teaches Evelyn how to draw?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)