|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Amelia and Evelyn see at dinner in their hotel the last night they are in Cairo?
(a) Radcliffe and Walter Emerson.
(b) The Earl of Ellesmere.
(c) M. Maspero.
(d) Michael and his wife.
2. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
(a) Mr. Lucas Hayes, her cousin.
(b) Mr. Fletcher, her lawyer.
(c) Mr. Michael Bedawee, her guide.
(d) Mr. Samuel Maspero, her tutor.
3. Why does Michael come in search of Amelia when she is shopping for medical supplies?
(a) His daughter is having a baby.
(b) His daughter has run away.
(c) His daughter has left with M.Maspero.
(d) His daughter is sick and needs medical attention.
4. How old is Amelia when her father dies?
5. How do Alberto and Evelyn pay their way across Europe?
(a) They inherit from Evelyn's father.
(b) They live on Alberto's fortune.
(c) They work in hotels.
(d) They sell Evelyn's jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hills surround the pyramids near Cairo?
2. Who has followed Evelyn to Cairo and appears at her door her last night there?
3. Where does Amelia take the woman who has fainted on the street?
4. Who first teaches Evelyn how to draw?
5. What is the name of the boat that Amelia and Evelyn finally decide on?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)