|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "An honest mistake."
(b) "A moment of aberration."
(c) "A slip of the tongue."
(d) "A foolish mistake."
2. What does Amelia realize about Lucas' arrival in Cairo?
(a) He is there to propose marriage to Evelyn.
(b) He is there to serve Evelyn with legal papers.
(c) He is there to bring Evelyn home for the funeral.
(d) He is there to join them in the dahabeeyah for the journey.
3. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her coloring.
4. What does Evelyn want to learn more about so that she may improve her drawings?
5. To whom is Evelyn related?
(a) The Mayor of Nottingham.
(b) The Count of Cambridge.
(c) The Earl of Ellesmere.
(d) The Lord of Leeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amelia visit again before leaving Cairo?
2. Why does Evelyn wake Amelia in the middle of the night?
3. Who does Mohammed believe to be the mummy found in the tomb?
4. Who tells Emerson and Walter that the men will no longer work for them?
5. Who does Lucas shoot and wound?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)