|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Radcliffe believe Amelia needs recuperative sleep after their meeting?
(a) She has begun crying.
(b) She has not made any sense when she speaks.
(c) She has not made a sarcastic remark for ten minutes.
(d) She has decided there is no mummy; it is a figment of their imaginations.
2. What does Amelia see as she stares into the dark night?
(a) A vision of building her house here.
(b) A vision of her wedding at this site.
(c) A vision of the wars between battling Egyptian forces.
(d) A vision of what the land must have been like in the time of the pharaohs.
3. What does Emerson warn Amelia about working with her hands?
(a) She needs to wear gloves.
(b) They could become infected and need to be amputated.
(c) They might become gangrened.
(d) They may take a long time to recover in the desert.
4. How does Emerson respond to the concerns of Abdullah and the others?
(a) He believes the mummy will go away if the men return to work.
(b) He believes their god will protect them from creatures of the night.
(c) He believes the men are ignorant fools.
(d) He believes a good night's sleep will solve the problem.
5. Who does Mohammed believe to be the mummy found in the tomb?
(a) A member of a royal family.
(b) A king murdered by his wife.
(c) A servant of Pharaoh Khuenaten.
(d) A princely priest-magician servant of Amon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lucas' boat?
2. What interrupts the evening for Amelia and Evelyn and sends them back to their rooms?
3. What does Amelia do when she sees Emerson's sadness over the destruction of his work?
4. What does Evelyn suggest to the group as a curative for their short tempers?
5. Where do Amelia and Evelyn spend their time while in Cairo?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)