|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia learn from her father's friend at the Finance Ministry?
(a) Michael is not to be trusted.
(b) Evelyn's grandfather has recently died.
(c) The expedition in Cairo is cursed.
(d) Alberto is not leaving Cairo.
2. What is the name the Egyptians give to Amelia?
(a) Sitt Hakim, or lady doctor.
(b) Lady Nurse, the savior.
(c) Beni Hassan, or mother of the children.
(d) Amelia, the strong and tireless.
3. What does Amelia ask Walter to do for Emerson after he has fainted and been brought back to bed?
(a) Give him a bath.
(b) Feed him more grains.
(c) Force him to drink water.
(d) Shave off his beard.
4. Before she leaves, from whom does Amelia receive a marriage proposal?
(a) Mr. Fletcher, her lawyer.
(b) Mr. Samuel Maspero, her tutor.
(c) Mr. Lucas Hayes, her cousin.
(d) Mr. Michael Bedawee, her guide.
5. Where does Walter Emerson find Amelia and Evelyn?
(a) As they are dining in Beheva Maji.
(b) As they are leaving Haggi Qandil.
(c) As they are walking to Qandia Luzat.
(d) As they are riding their animals on their way to the tombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia see while taking tea and visiting the place where Caesar died?
2. To whom is Evelyn related?
3. Why does Michael come in search of Amelia when she is shopping for medical supplies?
4. What is the name of the boat that Amelia and Evelyn finally decide on?
5. How old is Amelia when her father dies?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)