|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia think about before falling asleep the night she meets Alberto?
(a) About Walter and Evelyn getting married.
(b) About Alberto and Evelyn getting married.
(c) About Hassan and his secrets.
(d) About Radcliffe and how she loves him.
2. What does Lucas tell Evelyn about her grandfather's estate?
(a) She is not entitled to any inheritance.
(b) She is entitled to half of it.
(c) She is entitled to the jewelry in the family.
(d) She is entitled to the house and its furnishings.
3. Why does Amelia believe Evelyn will not be her traveling companion after their return from Egypt?
(a) Evelyn will return to Rome with Alberto.
(b) Evelyn will marry Lucas or Walter.
(c) Evelyn will become a school teacher in Egypt.
(d) Evelyn will want to be independent.
4. Where do Amelia and Evelyn stay while in Cairo?
(a) The Marriott.
(b) Brown's Hotel.
(c) Beefeater's Hotel.
(d) Shepheard's Hotel.
5. Who do Amelia and Evelyn see at dinner in their hotel the last night they are in Cairo?
(a) M. Maspero.
(b) Radcliffe and Walter Emerson.
(c) Michael and his wife.
(d) The Earl of Ellesmere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Radcliffe and Amelia discuss the day after his illness, as he recovers?
2. What well-known Frenchman does Amelia want to meet while at the museum?
3. What tonic does Amelia finally get Emerson to swallow?
4. What does Amelia admit to Evelyn when Evelyn awakens her in the middle of the night?
5. What does Amelia see standing over her bed in the middle of the night?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)