|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amelia think of Radcliffe as she continues on her trip?
(a) A wild monkey in a tree.
(b) A stinging wasp leaving swelling and pain.
(c) A loud elephant who is always moving.
(d) A stinging mosquito producing an itching spot.
2. Who is outside of the sitting room ready to assist Amelia with Alberto?
3. Where do Amelia and Evelyn go to secure their transportation through Egypt?
4. How do Walter and Radcliffe travel in Egypt?
(a) They ride on a bus with all of their gear.
(b) They fly in a small airplane from place to place.
(c) They rent space on a steamer for themselves and their belongings.
(d) They rent a series of dahabeeyahs and hire servants.
5. What is the name the Egyptians give to Amelia?
(a) Beni Hassan, or mother of the children.
(b) Amelia, the strong and tireless.
(c) Lady Nurse, the savior.
(d) Sitt Hakim, or lady doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the local workmen no longer work for the Emersons?
2. Who wrote the book of hieroglyphics that Amelia has with her on the trip?
3. How does Amelia react when she sees the apparition?
4. With what now-familiar object does Amelia threaten Alberto?
5. Who arrives in Cairo as Amelia and Evelyn prepare to leave?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)