|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia tell Walter to instruct the cooks to make for the group the day following Radcliffe's crisis?
(a) Pea soup.
(b) Shepherd's pie.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Corned beef.
2. What is the name of the boat that Amelia and Evelyn finally decide on?
(a) The Phillo.
(b) The Phasic.
(c) The Pharaoh.
(d) The Philae.
3. What does Emerson begin screaming about first thing in the morning?
(a) Amelia has forbidden him to go to work.
(b) Someone has stolen the mummy.
(c) Walter has disappeared.
(d) Someone has let the fire go out.
4. What well-known Frenchman does Amelia want to meet while at the museum?
(a) M. Kingsley.
(b) M. Maspero.
(c) M. Masanni.
(d) M. Cooperman.
5. Where do Amelia and Evelyn spend their time while in Cairo?
(a) Going to the bazaars, the mosques, and the Citadel.
(b) Going to the bazarrs, saloons, and city parks.
(c) Going to the parks, mosques, and the movies.
(d) Going to the churches, shopping centers, and the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emerson and Abdullah agree on about the situation with the villagers?
2. What does Amelia admit to Evelyn when Evelyn awakens her in the middle of the night?
3. Who wrote the book of hieroglyphics that Amelia has with her on the trip?
4. What happens to Emerson in the early hours of the morning after Amelia has tended to him?
5. What do the two women decide to do sometime during their trip?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)