|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Amelia and Radcliffe recognize about Walter?
(a) That he is bored with the search for the mummy.
(b) That he is in love with Evelyn.
(c) That he wants to leave the site.
(d) That he is angry with Radcliffe.
2. What does Emerson ask Amelia to promise when he leaves her on her boat and heads back to Walter?
(a) To not speak to him again.
(b) To follow the plan and be careful
(c) To signal when the mummy has arrived.
(d) To eat a light dinner.
3. Why does Emerson say he referred to Amelia by calling her "Amelia" instead of Peabody?
(a) "A slip of the tongue."
(b) "A moment of aberration."
(c) "A foolish mistake."
(d) "An honest mistake."
4. How does Radcliffe feel about Walter and Evelyn?
(a) He wishes his brother would marry someone of means.
(b) He thinks they are all wrong for each other.
(c) He hopes they marry right away.
(d) He hopes they will both leave the site and not return.
5. When Radcliffe asks Amelia if he is well enough to return to work tomorrow, what does he call her?
(a) Sitt Hassan.
(b) Sitt Hakin.
(c) Abdul Ababa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas criticize Evelyn for when they are sitting on the boat?
2. What does Amelia show Radcliffe as evidence of Michael's disappearance?
3. How does Emerson respond to the concerns of Abdullah and the others?
4. Why does Evelyn wake Amelia in the middle of the night?
5. Why does Abdullah think the men have stopped singing while they work?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)