|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emerson react when Amelia and Evelyn tell him of their nightly experiences?
(a) He believes Mohammed to be the mummy wandering at night.
(b) He laughs at the two women and tells them to go home.
(c) He believes Amelia's story, but cannot think who would do such a thing.
(d) He believes Abdullah to be the mummy wandering at night.
2. Why does Evelyn wake Amelia in the middle of the night?
(a) She does not know who she wants to marry.
(b) She is tired of Egypt and wants to go home.
(c) She has heard a frightening sound.
(d) She has been having nightmares.
3. What does Amelia see standing over her bed in the middle of the night?
(a) Alberto in a costume.
(b) Evelyn in her nightgown.
(c) An apparition swathed in white mist.
(d) A burglar dressed in black.
4. What does Alberto offer when he speaks to Evelyn in her sitting room?
(a) He proposes to run away with her.
(b) He offers a divorce.
(c) He proposes to marry her.
(d) He offers to take her back to Rome.
5. How does Evelyn react to the shootings in the night?
(a) She faints.
(b) She hits the shooter.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She screams and falls to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia remember from her hotel in Cairo while she is talking to Emerson?
2. Who does Amelia say Walter reminds her of?
3. What does Amelia admit to Evelyn when Evelyn awakens her in the middle of the night?
4. What do Evelyn and Amelia decide to do first thing in the morning after their midnight talk?
5. What do the villagers say that they see at night?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)