• Amelia Peabody is in Rome in the late 1800's.
• Ms. Peabody is an unmarried woman in her early thirties.
• She has spent a great deal of her life with her father, with whom she shares intellectual pursuits.
• Ms. Peabody is a fiercely independent and intelligent woman who goes against the conventions of her time.
• When her father dies, Ms. Peabody becomes a very wealthy woman and wants to travel.
• When she stops in Rome on her way to Egypt, she meets Evelyn Barton-Forbes, who is destitute, in Rome.
• After hearing Ms. Barton-Forbes' story of betrayal and abandonment by her lover, Ms. Peabody suggests that she accompany her to Egypt.
• The two women shop for the journey, and Ms. Barton-Forbes convinces Ms. Peabody to spend money of some new clothing for herself.
• Ms. Peabody checks out the story that Ms. Barton-Forbes has told her, and finds it all...
This section contains 1,932 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)