|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rowanne described?
(a) As very intelligent.
(b) As homely.
(c) As pretty.
(d) As average.
2. Who does Patty think God may reward after death?
(a) People who are kind to animals.
(b) People who do what should rather than what they want.
(c) People who are good even if they do not attend church.
(d) People who experience adversity in life.
3. Who is Patty?
(a) Debbie's friend.
(b) Phil's sister.
(c) The girl who lives next door to Hector.
(d) Lenny's sister.
4. How is Homer described?
(a) As buck toothed.
(b) As ugly.
(c) As handsome.
(d) As average.
5. What does one have to consider when wishing for something?
(a) That the fulfillment of the wish will not harm anyone else.
(b) That one is holding the correct crystal when saying the wish.
(c) That one is facing the correct direction when saying the wish.
(d) That it would be good for one in the long run.
6. What age group are Debbie, Hector, Lenny, Phil and Patty?
(c) Six-seven years old.
(d) Young teens.
7. What did Lenny read for fun as a child?
(a) Popular Mechanics magazine.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The classics.
(d) The encyclopedia.
8. What does Lenny's father's friend give Lenny?
(a) Odd jobs at a garage.
(b) A tool box.
(c) An old, battered car.
(d) A hunting rifle.
9. What do Debbie and Patty both believe will impact their adulthood?
(a) Both having older siblings.
(b) Growing up in a small town.
(c) Both having parents who are divorced.
(d) Neither attending church as children.
10. Who is Rowanne?
(a) Hector's girl friend.
(b) Hector's youngest sister.
(c) Hector's older sister.
(d) Hector's mother.
11. How does Rowanne use Hector as an excuse?
(a) For avoiding the attentions of a young man.
(b) For avoiding an expensive outing.
(c) For not taking her friends up on a dangerous dare.
(d) For not working that afternoon.
12. What track is Debbie on in school?
(a) Blue collar.
(c) Skilled technical.
13. What does Lenny teach Debbie?
(a) To change the engine oil.
(b) To parallel park.
(c) To drive a stick shift.
(d) To drive a motorcycle.
14. How are the faces described in the pictures Debbie looks at?
15. What slightly changes Debbie's attitude towards Hector one night?
(a) Hector makes a disparaging remark about Patty.
(b) Debbie belittles a good friend of Hector's.
(c) They brush up against each other as they are changing places.
(d) Hector makes a disparaging remark about her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Debbie do with her necklace?
2. What is Hector getting at the local church?
3. How does Debbie help her dad one day?
4. Why is Hector disappointed at music class one day?
5. What belongs to Debbie's older sister that Debbie has?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)