|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the faces described in the pictures Debbie looks at?
2. In whom is Meadow interested?
(d) No one.
3. With what do earthlings arrive at a peaceful, alien society?
4. What is Debbie reading with such absorption that she gets sunburned?
(a) A true romance story.
(b) A book about birds.
(c) A science fiction novel.
(d) A book about caterpillars.
5. What do Debbie and Patty promise their mothers when buying jeans?
(a) The jeans will have no holes in them.
(b) They will not make the jeans too short.
(c) They will pay back their mothers for the price of the jeans.
(d) They will hem them.
6. Towards what is Lenny's school career being steered?
(a) Vocational technical programs.
(b) Artistic fields.
(d) Blue collar work.
7. What does Lenny teach Debbie?
(a) To drive a motorcycle.
(b) To parallel park.
(c) To change the engine oil.
(d) To drive a stick shift.
8. What do Debbie and Patty think of the clothes their mothers have bought for them?
(a) Neither of the girls like the clothes.
(b) Both of them think their mothers make fantastic choices of clothing.
(c) Patty likes her mother's choices but Debbie does not.
(d) Debbie likes her mother's choices but Patty does not.
9. Who changes like caterpillars change into butterflies?
(a) The school cliques.
(c) The weather patterns.
(d) The moods of the girls Hector knows.
10. What has Lenny been developing around the home?
(a) Drafting skills.
(b) Fix-up skills.
(c) Gardening skills.
(d) Computer skills.
11. What fascinates Hector when he goes with Rowanne?
(a) A girl who is surfing.
(b) The guitarist.
(c) A girl who is singing karaoke.
(d) A girl who is sketching a picture at the museum.
12. What did Lenny read for fun as a child?
(a) Popular Mechanics magazine.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The classics.
13. What does Debbie do with her necklace?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Re-clasps it.
(c) Throws it in the trash can.
(d) Throws it on her bed.
14. What ability does the peaceful, alien culture have?
(b) To levitate.
(c) Mental telepathy.
(d) To go into long-term hibernation.
15. How does Rowanne use Hector as an excuse?
(a) For not working that afternoon.
(b) For not taking her friends up on a dangerous dare.
(c) For avoiding the attentions of a young man.
(d) For avoiding an expensive outing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence on one's life does Debbie discuss?
2. What does Debbie wish boys were more like?
3. What is one thing Debbie and Patty wonder?
4. What is Hector getting at the local church?
5. What do Debbie and Patty want their jeans to be like?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)