|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changes like caterpillars change into butterflies?
(a) The school cliques.
(c) The moods of the girls Hector knows.
(d) The weather patterns.
2. Towards what is Lenny's school career being steered?
(b) Artistic fields.
(c) Blue collar work.
(d) Vocational technical programs.
3. What is Hector's major concern this summer?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His summer job.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) His father's job.
4. Where did Lenny's mother get his reading material when he was young?
(a) Her older brother who was a professor.
(b) The library.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The drug store.
5. What does Hector vow?
(a) To learn to play guitar.
(b) To ask the girl who is singing out.
(c) To learn to draw.
(d) To learn to surf.
6. With what do earthlings arrive at a peaceful, alien society?
7. Where does Hector live in relation to Debbie?
(a) Across the street.
(b) In another town.
(c) In a different part of town.
(d) Next door.
8. What does Hector wonder about his music teacher?
(a) Why the teacher works in a music company instead of giving concerts.
(b) Why he went into the ministry instead of a music career.
(c) If the man ever lived in Haight-Ashbury.
(d) Why he teaches chorus but can't sing.
9. What animal do both Debbie and Hector think about in relation to life and others?
10. What is Debbie reading with such absorption that she gets sunburned?
(a) A book about caterpillars.
(b) A true romance story.
(c) A book about birds.
(d) A science fiction novel.
11. How are the faces described in the pictures Debbie looks at?
12. What would Hector like to change about himself?
(a) To be more muscled.
(b) To be taller.
(c) To be shorter.
(d) To have blue eyes.
13. In whom is Meadow interested?
(d) No one.
14. What are Debbie and Patty doing to their jeans before school?
(a) Ripping holes in them.
(b) Drawing pictures on them with fabric pens.
(c) Ripping out the hems.
(d) Cutting them off to be above the ankle.
15. What does Lenny teach Debbie?
(a) To drive a motorcycle.
(b) To parallel park.
(c) To drive a stick shift.
(d) To change the engine oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Onto what does Debbie's necklace fall?
2. Who is Rowanne?
3. How does Rowanne use Hector as an excuse?
4. Who is Patty?
5. What is Hector getting at the local church?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)