|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rowanne?
(a) Hector's mother.
(b) Hector's youngest sister.
(c) Hector's girl friend.
(d) Hector's older sister.
2. How is Homer described?
(a) As handsome.
(b) As average.
(c) As buck toothed.
(d) As ugly.
3. With whom is Hector fascinated?
4. What do Debbie and Patty both believe will impact their adulthood?
(a) Growing up in a small town.
(b) Neither attending church as children.
(c) Both having older siblings.
(d) Both having parents who are divorced.
5. What does Hector wonder about his music teacher?
(a) If the man ever lived in Haight-Ashbury.
(b) Why the teacher works in a music company instead of giving concerts.
(c) Why he teaches chorus but can't sing.
(d) Why he went into the ministry instead of a music career.
6. What fascinates Hector when he goes with Rowanne?
(a) A girl who is sketching a picture at the museum.
(b) The guitarist.
(c) A girl who is surfing.
(d) A girl who is singing karaoke.
7. What does Hector vow?
(a) To learn to surf.
(b) To ask the girl who is singing out.
(c) To learn to draw.
(d) To learn to play guitar.
8. What has Lenny started doing that disgusts Debbie?
(a) Giving girls his phone number.
(b) Using chewing tobacco.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
(d) Calling girls "babe."
9. Onto what does Debbie's necklace fall?
(a) A picture of a happy teenage couple.
(b) A picture of a basketful of kittens.
(c) A picture of a litter of puppies.
(d) A drawing of her best friend.
10. What track is Debbie on in school?
(a) Skilled technical.
(c) Blue collar.
11. What animal do both Debbie and Hector think about in relation to life and others?
12. What does Debbie think would help in choosing a mate?
(a) Mental telepathy.
(b) Computer matching.
(d) Interviews by various important people in her life.
13. Who does Patty think God may reward after death?
(a) People who are good even if they do not attend church.
(b) People who do what should rather than what they want.
(c) People who experience adversity in life.
(d) People who are kind to animals.
14. What is Debbie reading with such absorption that she gets sunburned?
(a) A science fiction novel.
(b) A book about birds.
(c) A true romance story.
(d) A book about caterpillars.
15. What slightly changes Debbie's attitude towards Hector one night?
(a) Hector makes a disparaging remark about Patty.
(b) They brush up against each other as they are changing places.
(c) Debbie belittles a good friend of Hector's.
(d) Hector makes a disparaging remark about her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Hector like to change about himself?
2. With what do earthlings arrive at a peaceful, alien society?
3. What does Hector notice about Debbie?
4. What do Hector's parents buy for him?
5. What do Debbie and Patty think of the clothes their mothers have bought for them?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)