|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Debbie and Patty doing?
(a) Changing clothes.
(b) Talking about boys.
(c) Looking at a magazine.
2. About what does Hector compromise with his parents?
(a) His hair length.
(b) His music lessons.
(c) Where he will attend high school.
(d) Wearing an earring.
3. How is Homer described?
(a) As average.
(b) As handsome.
(c) As ugly.
(d) As buck toothed.
4. In whom is Meadow interested?
(d) No one.
5. For what does Debbie wish?
(a) That something good would happen to her.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A straight-A report card.
(d) A kitten.
6. What does Hector vow?
(a) To learn to play guitar.
(b) To ask the girl who is singing out.
(c) To learn to surf.
(d) To learn to draw.
7. What does Debbie wish boys were more like?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her cat.
(d) A tiger.
8. What tool is Debbie trying to master in Chapter Eight?
(a) Basin wrench.
(b) Plumbing bob.
(c) Skill saw.
9. What is one thing Debbie and Patty wonder?
(a) Why some people experience adversity and others do not.
(b) If they will be able to attend college in a state far from their own.
(c) If they will be able to attend college in Europe.
(d) If they are old enough to wear make-up.
10. What happens as the summer progresses to Lenny, Hector, Phil, Debbie and Patty?
(a) They pair off, leaving Phil out of the group.
(b) They drift apart.
(c) They get to know each other and enjoy each other's company.
(d) They decide to travel to Washington D. C.
11. What do Debbie and Patty both believe will impact their adulthood?
(a) Growing up in a small town.
(b) Both having older siblings.
(c) Both having parents who are divorced.
(d) Neither attending church as children.
12. What influence on one's life does Debbie discuss?
(a) Personal choices.
(d) The environment in which one grows up.
13. What does Debbie do with her necklace?
(a) Throws it on her bed.
(b) Re-clasps it.
(c) Throws it in the trash can.
(d) Throws it out the window.
14. What is Lenny most interested in as far as career choices?
(a) The arts.
(b) Blue collar work.
(d) The military.
15. With what do earthlings arrive at a peaceful, alien society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates Hector when he goes with Rowanne?
2. How does Hector pay for the lessons?
3. What ability does the peaceful, alien culture have?
4. Who teaches Hector's music class?
5. How is Rowanne described?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)