|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Debbie and Patty doing to their jeans before school?
(a) Cutting them off to be above the ankle.
(b) Drawing pictures on them with fabric pens.
(c) Ripping holes in them.
(d) Ripping out the hems.
2. What does Debbie wonder about as far as Albert Einstein is concerned?
(a) If he would have been different if he had been raised in a small town in the United States.
(b) If he believed genetics or environment has the most impact on one's life.
(c) How he would be different if raised in an Eskimo village.
(d) If he would have revealed E=MC2 if he had known how it would be used.
3. What track is Debbie on in school?
(a) Skilled technical.
(c) Blue collar.
4. What is Debbie reading with such absorption that she gets sunburned?
(a) A book about birds.
(b) A science fiction novel.
(c) A true romance story.
(d) A book about caterpillars.
5. What is Debbie looking over at the opening of Chapter One?
(a) A school yearbook.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A teen magazine.
6. With whom is Hector fascinated?
7. In whom is Meadow interested?
(c) No one.
8. Towards what is Lenny's school career being steered?
(a) Artistic fields.
(b) Vocational technical programs.
(d) Blue collar work.
9. What do Hector's parents buy for him?
(a) A stereo.
(b) A piano.
(c) An old, battered car.
(d) A guitar.
10. What fascinates Hector when he goes with Rowanne?
(a) A girl who is sketching a picture at the museum.
(b) A girl who is singing karaoke.
(c) A girl who is surfing.
(d) The guitarist.
11. What are Debbie and Patty doing?
(b) Looking at a magazine.
(c) Talking about boys.
(d) Changing clothes.
12. How is Rowanne described?
(a) As very intelligent.
(b) As average.
(c) As homely.
(d) As pretty.
13. What age group are Debbie, Hector, Lenny, Phil and Patty?
(c) Six-seven years old.
(d) Young teens.
14. About what does Hector compromise with his parents?
(a) Wearing an earring.
(b) Where he will attend high school.
(c) His hair length.
(d) His music lessons.
15. Who does Patty think God may reward after death?
(a) People who are kind to animals.
(b) People who do what should rather than what they want.
(c) People who are good even if they do not attend church.
(d) People who experience adversity in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Debbie been invited?
2. What do Lenny, Hector, Phil, Debbie and Patty do daily?
3. With what do earthlings arrive at a peaceful, alien society?
4. To what radio show are Phil and Lenny listening?
5. What does Debbie do with her necklace?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)