|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin miss hearing as he eavesdrops?
(a) A man sneaking up on him from behind.
(b) The sound of someone hurting Widow Deventry.
(c) The sound of Bear yelling.
(d) Something about Lord Furnival's heir.
2. What do apprentices want, according to the two persons Crispin hears talking?
(a) Better wages and less taxes.
(b) More choices as to what they do.
(c) Better working conditions.
(d) Less years to obtain master status.
3. Where does Crispin get a dagger?
(a) From a sleeping gate guard.
(b) In the palace armory.
(c) From a young shepherd boy.
(d) From one of the rebels.
4. What does Crispin see as he opens the window in his room?
(a) John Ball leaving the inn.
(b) John Aycliffe leaving the inn.
(c) A vulture flying across the light of the moon.
(d) A figure watching from the street.
5. How will Crispin get out of the city?
(a) He cannot until the morning.
(b) He does not want to leave the city.
(c) A man comes to help him.
(d) He will climb the city wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Crispin decide he must rescue Bear?
2. Where is Bear as Crispin is following the soldiers?
3. How does Crispin threaten Aycliffe?
4. What does Crispin hear that scares him when he listens in on a meeting?
5. What does Crispin tell the rebels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bear and Crispin reach the gate at Great Wexley and how does Crispin feel about being inside the city?
2. What is Bear's opinion on rebellion and what is John Ball's opinion on it?
3. How do the men in the meeting get away from the soldiers, and what happens to Bear?
4. What does Crispin decide to do after he gets away from Aycliffe?
5. How do Bear and Crispin get out of the palace?
6. What does Widow Daventry say about Lord Furnival's widow?
7. What do Crispin and Bear do as they travel towards Great Wexly, what does Bear offer and what is Crispin's feelings about the offer?
8. What does Crispin tell Bear as they leave the village and what is Bear's response?
9. What does Crispin do after he runs from the meeting place, and what happens to him at the tavern?
10. What do Aycliffe and Crispin swear to each other?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)