|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John Aycliffe and the soldiers escort Bear and Crispin?
(a) To the town square.
(b) To the Widow's tavern.
(c) To the city gate.
(d) To the Furnival palace.
2. Where does Crispin put the lead cross?
(a) In the river.
(b) On the city wall.
(c) On the body of Aycliffe.
(d) Around his neck.
3. What does the Widow Deventry have Crispin do?
(a) Groom some of the horses.
(b) Work in the kitchen.
(c) Run to the marketplace.
(d) Go back up to his room.
4. What does Crispin reveal to John Aycliffe?
(a) That Crispin is John's cousin.
(b) That Crispin has been accepted by Lady Furnival.
(c) That Bear is Crispin's father.
(d) That Crispin knows who his father is.
5. Who does Bear say will die soon?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Lord Furnival's wife.
(c) John Ball.
(d) John Aycliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Aycliffe say Crispin is?
2. How does Crispin threaten Aycliffe?
3. Who is the rich lady on a horse?
4. When does Bear think will be a better time for rebellion?
5. What does it mean when there is black cloth with blue and gold ribbons.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crispin get into the palace, and what does he take when he first arrives there?
2. What does Widow Daventry do when she sees Crispin in the common room and how does Bear feel about her actions?
3. Why does Crispin spy on Bear and what does he hear?
4. What does Widow Daventry say about Lord Furnival's widow?
5. What do Aycliffe and Crispin swear to each other?
6. How does Crispin get away from Aycliffe?
7. How do Bear and Crispin get out of the palace?
8. What does Crispin see downstairs when he comes out of his hiding place, and what does Daventry tell him?
9. How does Crispin run into Aycliffe in Great Wexley,and what happens when he does see him?
10. What is Bear's opinion on rebellion and what is John Ball's opinion on it?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)