|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin realize about the people in the the place he finds?
(a) They will be returning.
(b) They have all died from the plague.
(c) They could be very near.
(d) They have moved somewhere.
2. What does Crispin tell Bear about his lead cross?
(a) That his mother wrote on it.
(b) That his father gave it to Crispin.
(c) That the priest said it was from the time of Christ.
(d) That his mother found it in the woods on day.
3. What does the man do after Crispin answers his questions?
(a) Tells him to leave.
(b) Gives him food.
(d) Blocks his way.
4. What does Bear claim to the priest in the village?
(a) That Bear is Crispin's grandfather.
(b) That Bear is taking Crispin to become a monk.
(c) That Bear is a traveling monk.
(d) That Crispin is his son.
5. What did Bear do after the performers disbanded?
(a) Start writing a book.
(b) Become a sailor.
(c) Become a blacksmith.
(d) Became a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crispin's reaction to learning what Bear is teaching?
2. What does Bear begin teaching Crispin the second morning they are together?
3. Where does Quinel tell Crispin to go?
4. What is the village Bear and Crispin reach?
5. What does Crispin decide to do after he escapes his village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who spots the boy in the forest and what do they do?
2. How does the man treat Crispin and how does Crispin feel about it?
3. What do the man and Crispin do after Crispin has agreed to serve the man?
4. Why can't Bear be hung?
5. How is the boy in the first chapter known in his village, what happens to his mother and who helps him with her?
6. What does Bear make Crispin do in the morning, how does Crispin feel about it and what does Bear begin to teach Crispin?
7. What does Crispin see on the south road the next morning and what does he do about it?
8. Why is Crispin not able to leave the church?
9. What does Bear tell Crispin he does in his travels?
10. What does Crispin tell Bear about the Lord of the manor in Stromford and what does Bear say about that Lord/
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)