|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bear want to do about his country?
(a) To institute a constitutional monarchy.
(b) To continue serfdom.
(c) To overthrow the monarchy.
(d) To bring more liberty and freedom to the common people.
2. What does Aycliffe do when he sees the boy?
(a) He shouts.
(b) He grabs his arm.
(c) He throws a rock at him.
(d) He ignores him.
3. Why can Bear not be hung?
(a) His father is rich.
(b) He is the nephew of the king.
(c) He is too big.
(d) He can read and write.
4. What does Bear say killing animals is?
(c) A natural act.
(d) Something he detests.
5. What does Crispin try to do when he answers the man?
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Steal from him.
(d) Not look at his scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crispin assume about his father?
2. What does Bear pretend when looking at Crispin's cross?
3. What position does John Aycliffe hold in the village?
4. What does Bear say has to happen for a person to have a life?
5. Why is Bear shocked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the boy in the first chapter known in his village, what happens to his mother and who helps him with her?
2. Why does the boy go to the church, and what does the priest first tell him?
3. What does Bear make Crispin do in the morning, how does Crispin feel about it and what does Bear begin to teach Crispin?
4. How does Bear feel about what they see and what do he and Crispin do about it?
5. Why does Bear look at Crispin's cross, and what does Crispin think about Bear's statement about the cross?
6. Why is Crispin not able to leave the church?
7. What does Crispin find on the south road and what does he think about it?
8. What does Bear tell Crispin about his childhood?
9. How did Bear pick up his trade?
10. What does Asta's son do the day after he slept in the village, and what does he hear two men say about him?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)