|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Crispin become free?
(a) To not get caught for a year and a day.
(b) Find his father.
(c) Move to another country.
(d) Make Aycliffe prove his charges.
2. What does Bear say has to happen for a person to have a life?
(a) To ask questions.
(b) To have one good friend.
(c) To travel to at least three other countries.
(d) To have loved on good woman.
3. Where is the man going when Crispin meets him?
(d) Great Wexley.
4. Where does the boy go the night after his mother dies?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the manor.
(c) To Goodwife Haverty's house.
(d) To the church.
5. What does the boy realize about the village?
(a) He is no longer safe there.
(b) The people in it loved his mother.
(c) The people in it are religious.
(d) The village is too small for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quinel give to the boy?
2. What does Crispin think is his fault?
3. What does Crispin think about what he sees from question #46?
4. Where does the boy run when he is upset about Aycliffe's demand?
5. Why is Father Quinel lying in the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man Crispin has agreed to serve, and what does he do for a living?
2. How does Bear feel about what they see and what do he and Crispin do about it?
3. What do the man and Crispin do after Crispin has agreed to serve the man?
4. What does Crispin do when he sees a group of men waiting for him?
5. What does Bear tell Crispin he does in his travels?
6. What does Asta's son do the day after he slept in the village, and what does he hear two men say about him?
7. What does the boy hear when he wakes?
8. What does Bear tell Crispin about his childhood?
9. Why does the boy go to the church, and what does the priest first tell him?
10. How did Bear pick up his trade?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)