|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin decide to do?
(a) Run into the woods.
(b) Kill the man.
(c) Serve the man.
(d) Eat some of the man's food.
2. What does the man the boy does not know do when he sees the boy?
(b) Draws his sword and goes towards him.
(c) Restrains Aycliffe.
(d) Throws him to the ground.
3. What does Quinel tell Crispin he should do?
(a) Go find his father.
(b) Hide in the woods for a week.
(c) Run away to the city.
(d) Join the church to become a priest.
4. With what does the man threaten Crispin?
(a) Taking him to his father.
(b) To take him back to Crispin's village.
(c) A beating.
(d) Tying him up and leaving him to starve.
5. How does the man treat Crispin?
(a) Like Crispin is an adult.
(b) Like he is unimportant.
(c) As if Crispin is his son.
(d) Like he is rich because of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crispin head after he crosses the stream?
2. Why is the man going to his next destination?
3. What does the boy do the day after his mother dies?
4. Of what does Bear say he is part?
5. What is Crispin eventually able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bear tell Crispin he does in his travels?
2. Why is Crispin not able to leave the church?
3. How did Bear pick up his trade?
4. Who is the man Crispin has agreed to serve, and what does he do for a living?
5. How does Bear feel about what they see and what do he and Crispin do about it?
6. Why does Crispin go into a house, what does he see, how does he react and what does he hear as he is running away?
7. Why can't Bear be hung?
8. What does Asta's son do the day after he slept in the village, and what does he hear two men say about him?
9. What does Crispin find as he is walking, and what does he realize about the place?
10. What does Crispin find on the south road and what does he think about it?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)