|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the boy wakes up?
(a) Late evening.
2. What does the boy do the day after his mother dies?
(a) Stays with his friend Jamie's family.
(b) Cries himself to sleep.
(c) Heads to a larger city.
(d) Hides out.
3. Who looks at Bear and Crispin with hatred while the two are entertaining the villagers?
(a) A one-eyed man.
(b) A dull-witted boy.
(c) A priest.
(d) An elderly woman.
4. What does Quinel tell the boy about who the boy is?
(a) Quinel tells the boy what his name is.
(b) He tells him who is grandfather might be.
(c) He tells him who is father is.
(d) He tells him no one knows who he is.
5. What does Bear say has to happen for a person to have a life?
(a) To have loved on good woman.
(b) To ask questions.
(c) To travel to at least three other countries.
(d) To have one good friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man decide to do after they walk for awhile?
2. What does the man do to earn a living?
3. What is the village Bear and Crispin reach?
4. What does the boy realize about the village?
5. What does Bear want Crispin to do the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bear and Crispin see in the distance, and what is at the bridge?
2. Why does the boy go to the church, and what does the priest first tell him?
3. What does Bear make Crispin do in the morning, how does Crispin feel about it and what does Bear begin to teach Crispin?
4. Who spots the boy in the forest and what do they do?
5. What does Crispin see on the south road the next morning and what does he do about it?
6. What does Quinel give the boy, and what does he tell him about the boy's situation?
7. Why can't Bear be hung?
8. How does Bear provide dinner for him and Crispin and what does Bear say about the dinner and how he feels about it?
9. Who meets the boy and the man helping him, and what does that man tell the boy?
10. What do the man and Crispin do after Crispin has agreed to serve the man?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)