|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lord Furnival not done?
(a) Raised taxes.
(b) Confiscated any new lands.
(c) Left an heir.
(d) Converted to Lutheran.
2. Where does Crispin see John Aycliffe?
(a) At the front of his inn.
(b) In the cathedral.
(c) At Lord Furnival's home.
(d) In the marketplace.
3. What does Crispin tell the rebels?
(a) That he is leaving the city.
(b) That he is making a claim as Lord Furnival's heir.
(c) That he is going to turn himself in.
(d) That soldiers are outside.
4. What does the cross that Crispin has reveal?
(a) That Crispin is Lord Furnival's son.
(b) That Crispin's mother was married to Lord Furnival.
(c) Nothing that anyone knows since it is written in Latin.
(d) That Lord Furnival was illegitimate.
5. What does Crispin hear that scares him when he listens in on a meeting?
(a) Talk about rebellion and freedom.
(b) Talk about Lord Furnival's heir.
(c) Talk about Crispin murdering a priest.
(d) Nothing in particular.
6. Who does Bear say will die soon?
(a) King Edward.
(b) John Aycliffe.
(c) John Ball.
(d) Lord Furnival's wife.
7. What do apprentices want, according to the two persons Crispin hears talking?
(a) Better wages and less taxes.
(b) Better working conditions.
(c) More choices as to what they do.
(d) Less years to obtain master status.
8. What does Crispin pray inside in the chapel?
(a) That God will judge Lord Furnival truly.
(b) That God will judge John Aycliffe.
(c) That Crispin has the courage to kill Lady Furnival.
(d) That Lady Furnival will be fair to Crispin.
9. Who is the rich lady on a horse?
(a) Crispin's grandmother.
(b) Crispin's aunt.
(c) Lady Furnival.
(d) Lady Furnival's daughter.
10. Why does Crispin follow the soldiers?
(a) To see if he can get out of the gate with the soldiers.
(b) To learn where they are taking Bear.
(c) To turn himself in.
(d) To harass them as they are taking John Ball to prison.
11. Upon whom does Crispin eavesdrop?
(a) Bear and Widow Daventry.
(b) John Ball and Widow Daventry.
(c) John Ball and John Aycliffe.
(d) Bear and John Ball.
12. Where does Crispin get a dagger?
(a) From one of the rebels.
(b) In the palace armory.
(c) From a young shepherd boy.
(d) From a sleeping gate guard.
13. What does Crispin reveal to John Aycliffe?
(a) That Crispin is John's cousin.
(b) That Bear is Crispin's father.
(c) That Crispin has been accepted by Lady Furnival.
(d) That Crispin knows who his father is.
14. What does Aycliff do that is immoral?
(a) Refuses to let Crispin leave.
(b) Kills Bear.
(d) Breaks his oath.
15. What does Crispin show Aycliffe?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A signet ring.
(c) The lead cross.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crispin go after following the soldiers?
2. Why can't Crispin sleep?
3. Who has recently died?
4. Where does Crispin climb?
5. Who is weeping when Crispin goes into the downstairs part of the tavern?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)