|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Crispin as the two are getting closer to Great Wexly?
(a) That the road is paved.
(b) That even the nobles are kinder.
(c) That there are more soldiers about on the road.
(d) The variety of people.
2. What does Crispin tell the rebels?
(a) That soldiers are outside.
(b) That he is leaving the city.
(c) That he is making a claim as Lord Furnival's heir.
(d) That he is going to turn himself in.
3. What does Crispin hear that scares him when he listens in on a meeting?
(a) Talk about Lord Furnival's heir.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) Talk about rebellion and freedom.
(d) Talk about Crispin murdering a priest.
4. What does Bear tell Crispin to do?
(a) Stay in the room.
(b) Go explore the marketplace.
(c) Go practice his flute.
(d) Go practice his lyre.
5. How does Crispin threaten Aycliffe?
(a) By threatening to reveal a secret of Aycliffe's.
(b) With a dagger.
(c) Crispin does not threaten Aycliffe.
(d) With a sword.
6. Why is Crispin concerned about their departure?
(a) That the one-eye man seemed set to travel.
(b) That the priest seemed suspicious.
(c) That the elderly woman seemed suspicious.
(d) That Bear revealed where they are traveling.
7. Why does Crispin follow the soldiers?
(a) To turn himself in.
(b) To see if he can get out of the gate with the soldiers.
(c) To learn where they are taking Bear.
(d) To harass them as they are taking John Ball to prison.
8. What is likely to happen to Bear?
(a) He will be turned loose after being questioned.
(b) He will be sent to the stocks for a day.
(c) Torture and then death.
(d) He will be fined and exiled from the city.
9. Who does Bear say will die soon?
(a) John Ball.
(b) John Aycliffe.
(c) King Edward.
(d) Lord Furnival's wife.
10. Where does Crispin see John Aycliffe?
(a) In the marketplace.
(b) At the front of his inn.
(c) At Lord Furnival's home.
(d) In the cathedral.
11. What does Crispin pretend as he is leaving the tavern?
(a) That he is leaving the city.
(b) That Lady Furnival is his mother.
(c) That he is deaf.
(d) That he is a stable boy.
12. What has Lord Furnival not done?
(a) Left an heir.
(b) Confiscated any new lands.
(c) Raised taxes.
(d) Converted to Lutheran.
13. Where does Crispin get a dagger?
(a) From a sleeping gate guard.
(b) From one of the rebels.
(c) From a young shepherd boy.
(d) In the palace armory.
14. Why can't Crispin sleep?
(a) He is feverish.
(b) He is worried.
(c) The person next door is snoring too loudly.
(d) He has a headache.
15. Where do John Aycliffe and the soldiers escort Bear and Crispin?
(a) To the town square.
(b) To the Widow's tavern.
(c) To the city gate.
(d) To the Furnival palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bear do when Aycliff is distracted?
2. Where is Bear as Crispin is following the soldiers?
3. What does Aycliff do that is immoral?
4. What is John Ball's response to Crispin's request.
5. Where does Crispin find John Ball?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)