|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin reveal to John Aycliffe?
(a) That Crispin is John's cousin.
(b) That Crispin knows who his father is.
(c) That Crispin has been accepted by Lady Furnival.
(d) That Bear is Crispin's father.
2. What does Crispin show Aycliffe?
(a) A letter.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) The lead cross.
(d) A signet ring.
3. Who has recently died?
(a) The Bishop of Wexly.
(b) Lord Wexly.
(c) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(d) Lord Furnival.
4. What does Bear continue doing as the two travel?
(a) Teach Crispin to read and write.
(b) Leaving misleading clues as to where they are going.
(c) Teach Crispin to be a performer.
(d) Backtracking their trail.
5. What does Aycliffe agree to swear?
(a) To convince Lady Furnival to accept Crispin's claim.
(b) To help Lady Furnival.
(c) An oath that Bear and Crispin can leave the city.
(d) To be honest in his dealings.
6. When does Bear think will be a better time for rebellion?
(a) When King Edward dies.
(b) When the French Revolution is successful.
(c) When the Americans are free.
(d) When Lord Furnival dies.
7. What does Aycliff do that is immoral?
(a) Breaks his oath.
(b) Kills Bear.
(d) Refuses to let Crispin leave.
8. Where does Crispin want to go?
(b) White Stag Inn.
(d) His home village.
9. What does Bear tell Crispin in response to Crispin's concerns?
(a) That Crispin's real father would save them.
(b) That they would lay an ambush for the one-eyed man.
(c) Not to worry.
(d) That they would travel somewhere else if need be.
10. Why does Crispin think Bear was captured?
(a) Because of the rebel meeting.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Because of being able to read and write.
(d) Because of Crispin.
11. How does Crispin threaten Aycliffe?
(a) Crispin does not threaten Aycliffe.
(b) By threatening to reveal a secret of Aycliffe's.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With a dagger.
12. What does the cross that Crispin has reveal?
(a) That Lord Furnival was illegitimate.
(b) Nothing that anyone knows since it is written in Latin.
(c) That Crispin is Lord Furnival's son.
(d) That Crispin's mother was married to Lord Furnival.
13. Where does Crispin see John Aycliffe?
(a) In the cathedral.
(b) At the front of his inn.
(c) In the marketplace.
(d) At Lord Furnival's home.
14. What happens when the two reach the entrance to Wexly?
(a) There are soldiers looking for someone.
(b) Crispin faints from the smells of the city.
(c) A soldier recognizes Bear.
(d) Bear sees someone he knows.
15. Where does Crispin climb?
(a) The gallows.
(b) The east wall of the city.
(c) The south wall of the city.
(d) The palace balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after curfew?
2. Upon whom does Crispin eavesdrop?
3. How does Crispin feel about Bear's orders?
4. What does Crispin decide to do after Bear leaves?
5. What has Lord Furnival not done?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)