|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John Aycliffe and the soldiers escort Bear and Crispin?
(a) To the Furnival palace.
(b) To the city gate.
(c) To the town square.
(d) To the Widow's tavern.
2. Where are Bear and Crispin given a place to sleep at the inn?
(a) On the fourth floor.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) On the second floor.
(d) In the attic.
3. Where does Crispin go after following the soldiers?
(a) The prison.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The main gate to the city.
(d) The Green Man tavern.
4. What does Crispin ask of John Ball and other rebels?
(a) To help him rescue Bear.
(c) To go rescue Bear while Crispin gets out of the city.
(d) To leave Crispin and Bear alone.
5. What does Crispin pray inside in the chapel?
(a) That Crispin has the courage to kill Lady Furnival.
(b) That God will judge Lord Furnival truly.
(c) That God will judge John Aycliffe.
(d) That Lady Furnival will be fair to Crispin.
6. What shocks Crispin when he comes down for breakfast?
(a) Seeing the bruises on the Widow's face.
(c) Seeing his mother.
(d) Seeing the one-eyed man.
7. What does Cripin tell Bear as they are leaving the village?
(a) That Crispin thinks Bear is his real father.
(b) That the one-eyed man was staring at Crispin.
(c) That Crispin thinks the priest knows who Crispin is.
(d) That Crispin wants to stay in the village.
8. When does Bear think will be a better time for rebellion?
(a) When King Edward dies.
(b) When the French Revolution is successful.
(c) When Lord Furnival dies.
(d) When the Americans are free.
9. Where does Crispin find John Ball?
(a) At the Jolly Roger Inn.
(b) Just outside the city gates.
(c) At the White Stag Inn.
(d) In the cathedral.
10. What does Aycliff do that is immoral?
(a) Breaks his oath.
(b) Refuses to let Crispin leave.
(d) Kills Bear.
11. What does the Widow Deventry have Crispin do?
(a) Run to the marketplace.
(b) Groom some of the horses.
(c) Go back up to his room.
(d) Work in the kitchen.
12. Why can't Crispin leave the city?
(a) The gates have closed for the night.
(b) He can't find the main gate.
(c) He has no money to pay the toll.
(d) He is being looked for by the guards.
13. What does Crispin show Aycliffe?
(a) A letter.
(b) A signet ring.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) The lead cross.
14. Where does one man agree to take Crispin?
(a) To the small east gate door.
(b) To the dungeons of the castle.
(c) To Lady Furvinal's garden.
(d) To the town square.
15. What happens after curfew?
(a) A man comes to help Crispin.
(b) A woman comes to help Crispin.
(c) A man comes to arrest Crispin.
(d) Lady Furnival comes to talk to Crispin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bear tell Crispin in response to Crispin's concerns?
2. Who does Bear say will die soon?
3. Why is Crispin concerned about their departure?
4. Why does Crispin think Bear was captured?
5. What amazes Crispin as the two are getting closer to Great Wexly?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)