|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin realize about the people in the the place he finds?
(a) They have all died from the plague.
(b) They have moved somewhere.
(c) They will be returning.
(d) They could be very near.
2. How does Crispin feel about what the steward has declared?
(a) He argues about it.
(b) He is happy about it.
(c) He does not understand why he did it.
(d) He agrees with it.
3. What does Crispin do when he lies beside the road?
(b) Prays to God.
(d) Buries his lead cross.
4. Of what does Bear say he is part?
(a) A secret brotherhood.
(b) A group of performers.
(c) A group of non Christians.
(d) A large family.
5. Why is Bear shocked?
(a) That someone killed John Aycliffe.
(b) That someone killed Crispin's mother.
(c) That the monk would swear.
(d) That the villagers are still following Crispin.
6. Who tells Crispin Quinel cannot meet him that night?
(a) The alcolyte.
(c) Blacksmith Jones.
(d) Crispin's friend Jamie.
7. What does Aycliffe say to the man?
(a) That Crispin is Furnival's son.
(b) Something about a great danger.
(c) That a rebellion is underway.
(d) That Crispin's mother left him money.
8. What does the man decide to do after they walk for awhile?
(a) Climb a tree to see ahead.
(b) Find a stream for water.
(c) Start singing.
(d) Stop and rest.
9. What is Crispin eventually able to do?
(a) Play a tune.
(b) Use a sword.
(c) Use a bow.
(d) Convince Bear to keep him untied.
10. Why does the priest in the village tell Bear and Crispin to be careful?
(a) That Canterbuy has reported some cases of the plague.
(b) That the one-eyed man is insane.
(c) That there are evil spirits in the woods.
(d) That there is a young murderer on the loose.
11. How does the boy feel about joining the villagers?
(a) He is too afraid to join them.
(b) He is grateful for their attitude about his mother.
(c) He joins their fun.
(d) He decides to wait and see.
12. What does Crispin assume about his father?
(a) That he probably raped his mother.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he did not want Crispin's mother.
(d) That he is a criminal.
13. What does Quinel tell the boy about who the boy is?
(a) Quinel tells the boy what his name is.
(b) He tells him who is grandfather might be.
(c) He tells him no one knows who he is.
(d) He tells him who is father is.
14. How does Crispin feel about the man's behavior?
(b) Resentful and angry.
15. What does Crispin decide to do after he escapes his village?
(a) Go to his father.
(b) Go to the big city.
(c) Go to another country.
(d) Talk to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bear claim to the priest in the village?
2. Where does Quinel tell Crispin to go?
3. What does Bear show Crispin how to do that night at camp?
4. Why can Bear not be hung?
5. What does Crispin decide to do?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)