|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crispin do for the next two days?
(a) Stays in the basement of the church.
(b) Hides in the mountains.
(c) Stays with a woodcutter.
(d) Walks south on the road.
2. What does Quinel tell the boy about who the boy is?
(a) He tells him who is father is.
(b) He tells him no one knows who he is.
(c) Quinel tells the boy what his name is.
(d) He tells him who is grandfather might be.
3. What does Crispin do when he lies beside the road?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Buries his lead cross.
4. What does the man do after Crispin answers his questions?
(a) Gives him food.
(c) Blocks his way.
(d) Tells him to leave.
5. What is distinguishing about the person Crispin sees?
(a) He is carrying a poleaxe.
(b) They have no clothes on.
(c) He has a bushy red beard.
(d) The woman is shaking the child and crying.
6. Where does the boy go the night after his mother dies?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the manor.
(c) To the river.
(d) To Goodwife Haverty's house.
7. With what does the man threaten Crispin?
(a) To take him back to Crispin's village.
(b) A beating.
(c) Tying him up and leaving him to starve.
(d) Taking him to his father.
8. What is Crispin eventually able to do?
(a) Use a sword.
(b) Play a tune.
(c) Use a bow.
(d) Convince Bear to keep him untied.
9. What does Crispin think is his fault?
(a) His mother dying.
(b) Quinel's situation.
(c) Jamie being beat.
(d) Aycliffe coming for him.
10. What do the two men talking about the boy say about the steward?
(a) He is a generous person.
(b) He has restrained Furnival from hurting the village.
(c) He is very efficient.
(d) He is a corrupt and bad man.
11. What does Bear say about Furnival?
(a) He cannot fight at all.
(b) He is a cruel, greedy and arrogant man.
(c) He is a good soldier.
(d) He is a decent lord.
12. What does Crispin decide to do after seeing inside a house?
(a) Get away from the village quickly.
(b) Takes the sword.
(c) Examines the toy.
(d) Hides to see if the people will return to eat.
13. What does Aycliffe demand from the boy?
(a) Fourteen shrillings.
(b) His ox.
(c) All of his possessions.
(d) Ten percent of his field earnings.
14. What does the boy tell Father Quinel about the accusations about him?
(a) Everything belongs to him anyway.
(b) He did not steal.
(c) He did not take much.
(d) He thought about stealing.
15. What does the man tell Crispin is his name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy realize about the village?
2. What does Crispin realize about the people in the the place he finds?
3. What does the man decide to do after they walk for awhile?
4. How does the boy feel about the men's opinions of the steward?
5. Where does the boy run when he is upset about Aycliffe's demand?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)