|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Crispin head after he crosses the stream?
(a) Across the moors.
(b) East to Perkville.
(c) Up into the mountains.
(d) South through the village.
2. What does Bear claim to the priest in the village?
(a) That Bear is taking Crispin to become a monk.
(b) That Crispin is his son.
(c) That Bear is Crispin's grandfather.
(d) That Bear is a traveling monk.
3. What does the man the boy does not know do when he sees the boy?
(a) Throws him to the ground.
(c) Restrains Aycliffe.
(d) Draws his sword and goes towards him.
4. What does Crispin tell Bear about Lord Furnival?
(a) That he has seen Furnival once.
(b) That Aycliffe plans to kill Furnival.
(c) That the lord is his father.
(d) That the lord is at war.
5. What does Crispin hear as he is leaving the village?
(b) Horses on the road.
(c) A church bell ringing.
(d) A wolf howling.
6. Where does Bear say he and Crispin are going?
7. What does Quinel tell Crispin he should do?
(a) Join the church to become a priest.
(b) Run away to the city.
(c) Hide in the woods for a week.
(d) Go find his father.
8. What does Bear want Crispin to do the next morning?
(a) Shave Bear.
(b) Take more pride in himself.
(c) Cook breakfast.
(d) Cut Bear's hair.
9. What does the man do after Crispin answers his questions?
(a) Tells him to leave.
(c) Blocks his way.
(d) Gives him food.
10. What is Crispin's reaction to learning what Bear is teaching?
11. What does the boy tell Father Quinel about the accusations about him?
(a) He thought about stealing.
(b) He did not steal.
(c) Everything belongs to him anyway.
(d) He did not take much.
12. How did Bear feel when he saw some performers the first time?
(a) Attracted by their tricks and laughter.
(b) Disgusted at their talk.
(c) Curious but repelled.
13. What worries the boy about Aycliffe's demand?
(a) That the boy will be unable to earn a living.
(b) That Aycliffe is angry at him.
(c) That the villagers will not help him.
(d) That Aycliffe will continue to ask for more.
14. What does Crispin assume about his father?
(a) That he probably raped his mother.
(b) That he is a criminal.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he did not want Crispin's mother.
15. Where does the boy run when he is upset about Aycliffe's demand?
(a) Down the road.
(b) Into the meadow.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Down to the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bear know Lord Furnival?
2. Who does Crispin see ride past towards the south?
3. Why does the priest in the village tell Bear and Crispin to be careful?
4. What does the boy realize about the village?
5. What does Crispin decide to do?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)