|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the priest in the village tell Bear and Crispin to be careful?
(a) That Canterbuy has reported some cases of the plague.
(b) That there are evil spirits in the woods.
(c) That the one-eyed man is insane.
(d) That there is a young murderer on the loose.
2. What did Bear do after the performers disbanded?
(a) Became a soldier.
(b) Become a sailor.
(c) Start writing a book.
(d) Become a blacksmith.
3. Why can Bear not be hung?
(a) He is too big.
(b) His father is rich.
(c) He can read and write.
(d) He is the nephew of the king.
4. What does Crispin think about what he sees from question #46?
(a) He does not want to be like the fox.
(b) The spider knows to persevere.
(c) The bird cannot fly without jumping.
(d) It is a sign from God.
5. What does Bear get for them to eat?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A deer.
(c) A pile of mushrooms.
(d) Three squirrels.
6. What does Quinel give to the boy?
(a) A lead cross.
(b) A small book.
(c) A silver cross.
(d) A golden bracelet.
7. What does Crispin tell Bear about his lead cross?
(a) That his father gave it to Crispin.
(b) That his mother wrote on it.
(c) That his mother found it in the woods on day.
(d) That the priest said it was from the time of Christ.
8. Who looks at Bear and Crispin with hatred while the two are entertaining the villagers?
(a) A dull-witted boy.
(b) A priest.
(c) A one-eyed man.
(d) An elderly woman.
9. How do Bear and Crispin know to hide?
(a) They hear the squirrels chattering.
(b) The woods are totally silent.
(c) The hear the sound of men on horseback.
(d) They see pigeons acting disturbed.
10. What is the village Bear and Crispin reach?
11. How does the boy feel about joining the villagers?
(a) He decides to wait and see.
(b) He joins their fun.
(c) He is grateful for their attitude about his mother.
(d) He is too afraid to join them.
12. What does Quinel tell the boy about who the boy is?
(a) He tells him no one knows who he is.
(b) He tells him who is father is.
(c) He tells him who is grandfather might be.
(d) Quinel tells the boy what his name is.
13. Who does Crispin see at the village?
(a) A large man.
(b) Woman with a child.
(c) A teenage boy.
(d) Two little girls.
14. What does Crispin do when he lies beside the road?
(a) Buries his lead cross.
(c) Prays to God.
15. What does the man do when Crispin answers him?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Pushes him into a chair.
(c) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Grabs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bear make Crispin do in the morning?
2. What does Bear show Crispin how to do that night at camp?
3. Who tells Crispin Quinel cannot meet him that night?
4. How does Quinel feel about what the boy tells him?
5. What instrument does Bear push Crispin to learn?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)