|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men talking about the boy say about the steward?
(a) He is a corrupt and bad man.
(b) He has restrained Furnival from hurting the village.
(c) He is very efficient.
(d) He is a generous person.
2. What does Aycliffe demand from the boy?
(a) His ox.
(b) Fourteen shrillings.
(c) Ten percent of his field earnings.
(d) All of his possessions.
3. What worries the boy about Aycliffe's demand?
(a) That Aycliffe is angry at him.
(b) That Aycliffe will continue to ask for more.
(c) That the villagers will not help him.
(d) That the boy will be unable to earn a living.
4. Who tells Crispin Quinel cannot meet him that night?
(a) Crispin's friend Jamie.
(b) The alcolyte.
(d) Blacksmith Jones.
5. Why do the villagers gather?
(a) To have a dance.
(b) To protest Aycliffe's demands.
(c) To honor the boy's mother.
(d) To attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quinel tell the boy about the boy's mother?
2. What does the boy hear he is accused of doing?
3. Where does Quinel tell Crispin to go?
4. Who helps the boy bury his mother?
5. How does the boy feel about the men's opinions of the steward?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)