1. How is the boy at the beginning of the book known?
(a) As Mary's son.
(b) As Bear.
(c) As Asta's son.
(d) As Dummy.
2. What is the name of the village where the boy lives?
3. Who helps the boy bury his mother?
(a) No one.
(b) Father Quinel.
(c) His best friend, Jamie.
(d) The blacksmith.
4. What position does John Aycliffe hold in the village?
(a) Steward of the Manor.
(c) School teacher.
5. What does Aycliffe demand from the boy?
(a) His ox.
(b) Ten percent of his field earnings.
(c) Fourteen shrillings.
(d) All of his possessions.
6. What worries the boy about Aycliffe's demand?
(a) That the villagers will not help him.
(b) That Aycliffe will continue to ask for more.
(c) That the boy will be unable to earn a living.
(d) That Aycliffe is angry at him.
7. Where does the boy run when he is upset about Aycliffe's demand?
(a) Down the road.
(b) Into the meadow.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Down to the sea.
This section contains 4,864 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)