• A boy known as Asta's son lives in Stromford, a small village. He is very poor and his mother has just died. The priest helps him bury her.
• John Aycliffe, the steward of the manor, tells the boy he must give his ox to the manor as a death tax.
• The boy worries he will not be able to work the field and earn a living without his ox.
• He runs into the forest, trips, falls and hits his head. He wakes at night and is still in the forest.
• The boy hears voices and goes to see who is talking. Aycliffe is talking to a man the boy does not know.
• The two men are worried and talk about a great danger. Aycliffe sees the boy and yells.
• The other man draws his sword and runs towards the boy who runs away in fear spending...
This section contains 2,436 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)