|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
2. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
3. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
4. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
5. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
Essay Topic 2
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you evaluate any character from the text as "successful" or "unsuccessful" according to their own standards and those of society in general.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)