|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
2. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
3. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
4. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
5. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Henley's motif of sweetness in the play. What message does the author emphasize through the "sweetness" of character actions, dialog, or foods? Use at least three specific examples to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the motif of rebirth or new beginnings in the play. Identify Henley's message about the motif, and use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)