|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
2. Lenny seems to see herself as:
3. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
4. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
5. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the ideas of fault and blame in Henley's play. What idea or events connect to fault and blame for the Magraths? What message is Henley communicating through the ideas of fault and blame in her play?
Essay Topic 2
A Mexican proverb states that "The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman." How is this proven or disproven by the events of Crimes of the Heart?
Essay Topic 3
The three men who appear in the play have all been affected by the Magrath women. Two men have been injured, and one seems to have fallen in love with Babe. Write an essay in which you compare the ways the sisters have affected the men of the play, and describe the message the author emphasizes through these situations.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)