|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
2. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
3. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
4. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
5. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the play's title, "Crimes of the Heart." What "crimes" have been committed in the play? What aspects of love or feeling are threatened, and how does this inform the message or theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
Essay Topic 3
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)