|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
2. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
3. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
4. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
5. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
Essay Topic 2
Author Alex Haley said "In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." Write an essay in which you examine this idea in relation to Crimes of the Heart.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)