|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
2. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
3. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
4. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
5. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henley's characters are motivated by any number of factors--fear, pity, duty, love. Choose any character or characters whose motivations seem to drive the play and write an essay in which you argue the significance of these motivations.
Essay Topic 2
If Henley's characters serve as archetypes for Southern people, is her assessment fair? Write an essay in which you defend or criticize her use of archetypes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the ideas of fault and blame in Henley's play. What idea or events connect to fault and blame for the Magraths? What message is Henley communicating through the ideas of fault and blame in her play?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)