|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
2. During their conversation:
3. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
4. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
5. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
Essay Topic 2
The three men who appear in the play have all been affected by the Magrath women. Two men have been injured, and one seems to have fallen in love with Babe. Write an essay in which you compare the ways the sisters have affected the men of the play, and describe the message the author emphasizes through these situations.
Essay Topic 3
Henry Miller said, "The prisoner is not the one who has committed a crime, but the one who clings to his crime and lives it over and over." Considering any character in the play, defend, refute, or qualify Miller's statement.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)