|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
2. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
3. Doc earned his nickname because:
4. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
5. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Henley's characters serve as archetypes for Southern people, is her assessment fair? Write an essay in which you defend or criticize her use of archetypes in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you evaluate any character from the text as "successful" or "unsuccessful" according to their own standards and those of society in general.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Henley's motif of sweetness in the play. What message does the author emphasize through the "sweetness" of character actions, dialog, or foods? Use at least three specific examples to support your point.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)