|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
2. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
3. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
4. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
5. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee Smith "The biggest myth about Southern women is that we are frail types--fainting on our sofas...nobody where I grew up every acted like that. We were about as fragile as coal trucks." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement using the text as support for your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The men of Crimes of the Heart fill many roles for the Magrath sisters. Write an essay in which you examine the role of any male character or characters in relation to his role in the Magrath family drama.
Essay Topic 3
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)