|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg's comment, "forget the glasses," at the end of her scene with Doc implies:
2. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
3. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
4. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
5. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the motif of rebirth or new beginnings in the play. Identify Henley's message about the motif, and use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
If Henley's characters serve as archetypes for Southern people, is her assessment fair? Write an essay in which you defend or criticize her use of archetypes in the play.
Essay Topic 3
One definition of a crime is "any offense, serious wrongdoing, or sin." Consider any "crime" committed in the play, literal or metaphorical, and determine how the preceding definition suits it. Is the definition complete in regards to this particular crime? Are there any words that don't fit? Defend, refute, or qualify the definition above in regards to any crime in the play.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)