|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
2. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
3. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
4. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
5. People in town think Meg:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
Essay Topic 2
Henley's characters are motivated by any number of factors--fear, pity, duty, love. Choose any character or characters whose motivations seem to drive the play and write an essay in which you argue the significance of these motivations.
Essay Topic 3
The three men who appear in the play have all been affected by the Magrath women. Two men have been injured, and one seems to have fallen in love with Babe. Write an essay in which you compare the ways the sisters have affected the men of the play, and describe the message the author emphasizes through these situations.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)