|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
2. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
3. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
4. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
5. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Henley's motif of sweetness in the play. What message does the author emphasize through the "sweetness" of character actions, dialog, or foods? Use at least three specific examples to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the play's title, "Crimes of the Heart." What "crimes" have been committed in the play? What aspects of love or feeling are threatened, and how does this inform the message or theme of the play?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)