|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
2. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
3. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
4. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
5. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the physical or emotional defects of any character in the play. How do these defects shape the characters or propel the events of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the ideas of fault and blame in Henley's play. What idea or events connect to fault and blame for the Magraths? What message is Henley communicating through the ideas of fault and blame in her play?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the play's title, "Crimes of the Heart." What "crimes" have been committed in the play? What aspects of love or feeling are threatened, and how does this inform the message or theme of the play?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)