|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
2. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
3. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
4. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
5. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
2. Describe Chick's motivations.
3. Describe some contradicting facets of Babe's character.
4. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
5. What do Babe's thoughts about birthday wishes indicate about her?
6. What do the candy, cokes, and lemonade symbolize for the girls?
7. What "crime" has Meg committed against Granddaddy in Act II?
8. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
9. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
10. What does Babe's affair with Willy Jay suggest about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henley's characters are motivated by any number of factors--fear, pity, duty, love. Choose any character or characters whose motivations seem to drive the play and write an essay in which you argue the significance of these motivations.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the physical or emotional defects of any character in the play. How do these defects shape the characters or propel the events of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)