|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
2. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
3. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
4. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
5. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lenny so angry at Meg?
2. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
3. In their discussion of the rules for "hearts," the girls remember that hearts are bad, which suggests what?
4. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
5. Why do Meg, Lenny, and Babe seem to fall into old patterns of behavior around one another?
6. Describe some contradicting facets of Babe's character.
7. What is Meg's explanation for Zackery's threats?
8. The candy Chick brings, which is outdated and unwanted, might represent what?
9. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
10. What do the candy, cokes, and lemonade symbolize for the girls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of Crimes of the Heart fill many roles for the Magrath sisters. Write an essay in which you examine the role of any male character or characters in relation to his role in the Magrath family drama.
Essay Topic 2
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)