|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
2. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
3. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
4. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
5. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
2. What might Babe's saxophone represent?
3. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
4. What do Babe's thoughts about birthday wishes indicate about her?
5. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
6. How does Meg feel about talking about the past?
7. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
8. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
9. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
10. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A Mexican proverb states that "The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman." How is this proven or disproven by the events of Crimes of the Heart?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
Essay Topic 3
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
This section contains 1,558 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)