|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
2. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
3. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
4. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
5. Barnette plans to win the case by arguing:
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Meg and Lenny appear to feel about their father?
2. What do Lennie's actions imply about her?
3. What does Babe's speech about her saxophone reveal about her character?
4. How will Old Granddaddy's death affect the girls' lives?
5. What is ironic about Lenny's birthday wish?
6. What does Meg and Doc's first meeting in the kitchen suggest about their relationship?
7. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
8. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
9. How does Babe explain her mother's fear of dying alone?
10. Why are Lenny and Babe laughing about Old Granddaddy's stroke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
Essay Topic 2
Henley's characters are motivated by any number of factors--fear, pity, duty, love. Choose any character or characters whose motivations seem to drive the play and write an essay in which you argue the significance of these motivations.
Essay Topic 3
A Mexican proverb states that "The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman." How is this proven or disproven by the events of Crimes of the Heart?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)