|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
2. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
3. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
4. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
5. Billy Boy's death might signal:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
2. What is significant about the fact that the play begins on Lennie's birthday?
3. What seems to be happening to Babe at the end of Act II?
4. What is Meg's explanation for Zackery's threats?
5. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
6. What kind of relationship did Babe have with Zackery?
7. Describe Barnette's vendetta against Zackery.
8. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
9. Describe Babe's motivations for shooting Zackery.
10. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Miller said, "The prisoner is not the one who has committed a crime, but the one who clings to his crime and lives it over and over." Considering any character in the play, defend, refute, or qualify Miller's statement.
Essay Topic 2
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
Essay Topic 3
A kitchen has many connotations. List a few of these connotations and defend or criticize Henley's choice of the Magrath kitchen as the central setting for the play.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)