|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the argument Lenny reveals:
2. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
3. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
4. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
5. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's explanation for Zackery's threats?
2. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
3. Why is Lenny so angry at Meg?
4. Describe Old Granddaddy's relationship with his granddaughters.
5. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
6. What reason does Meg give Doc for leaving him in Biloxi?
7. What impedes Lenny's growth or happiness?
8. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
9. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
10. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
Essay Topic 2
A Mexican proverb states that "The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman." How is this proven or disproven by the events of Crimes of the Heart?
Essay Topic 3
If Henley's characters serve as archetypes for Southern people, is her assessment fair? Write an essay in which you defend or criticize her use of archetypes in the play.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)