|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
2. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
3. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
4. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
5. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lenny and Babe laughing about Old Granddaddy's stroke?
2. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
3. What "crime" has Meg committed against Granddaddy in Act II?
4. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
5. Why is Lenny so angry at Meg?
6. What do Babe's thoughts about birthday wishes indicate about her?
7. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
8. The candy Chick brings, which is outdated and unwanted, might represent what?
9. Describe Chick's motivations.
10. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay in which you evaluate any character from the text as "successful" or "unsuccessful" according to their own standards and those of society in general.
Essay Topic 3If Henley's characters serve as archetypes for Southern people, is her assessment fair? Write an essay in which you defend or criticize her use of archetypes in the play.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)