|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny begins the play by:
2. During the argument Lenny reveals:
3. Babe is oddly impressed by:
4. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
2. Describe Babe's motivations for shooting Zackery.
3. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
4. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
5. Describe Meg's encounter with Doc.
6. Describe Chick's motivations.
7. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
8. What does Meg and Doc's first meeting in the kitchen suggest about their relationship?
9. How will Old Granddaddy's death affect the girls' lives?
10. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the ideas of fault and blame in Henley's play. What idea or events connect to fault and blame for the Magraths? What message is Henley communicating through the ideas of fault and blame in her play?
Essay Topic 2
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the physical or emotional defects of any character in the play. How do these defects shape the characters or propel the events of the play?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)