Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
2. Billy Boy's death might signal:
3. Lenny begins the play by:
4. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
5. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
2. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
3. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
4. What event finally pushes Babe over the brink?
5. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
6. What kind of relationship did Babe have with Zackery?
7. What do the details of Meg's life in Hollywood reveal?
8. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
9. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
10. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
Consider the motif of rebirth or new beginnings in the play. Identify Henley's message about the motif, and use the text to support your answer.
Consider the play's title, "Crimes of the Heart." What "crimes" have been committed in the play? What aspects of love or feeling are threatened, and how does this inform the message or theme of the play?
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)