|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc has apparently:
2. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
3. The nylon wrapper and hair ball Chick leaves on the floor suggests:
4. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
Short Essay Questions
1. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
2. What is significant about the fact that the play begins on Lennie's birthday?
3. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
4. Describe Babe's motivations for shooting Zackery.
5. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
6. What might Babe's saxophone represent?
7. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
8. Describe Chick's motivations.
9. Why do Meg, Lenny, and Babe seem to fall into old patterns of behavior around one another?
10. What is ironic about Lenny's birthday wish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blanche McCrary Boyd said, "My sister says Southerners are like other people, only more so." Write an essay in which you explain the preceding statement by examining the characters of the text.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Henley's use of humor at opportune moments in the play. Then write an essay in which you identify Henley's most successful examples of humor in the text, and discuss the effect these moments have on the author's purpose.
Essay Topic 3
The three men who appear in the play have all been affected by the Magrath women. Two men have been injured, and one seems to have fallen in love with Babe. Write an essay in which you compare the ways the sisters have affected the men of the play, and describe the message the author emphasizes through these situations.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)