Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
2. Billy Boy's death might signal:
3. Lenny begins the play by:
4. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
5. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
2. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
3. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
4. What event finally pushes Babe over the brink?
5. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
6. What kind of relationship did Babe have with Zackery?
7. What do the details of Meg's life in Hollywood reveal?
8. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
9. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
10. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the motif of rebirth or new beginnings in the play. Identify Henley's message about the motif, and use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Lee Smith "The biggest myth about Southern women is that we are frail types--fainting on our sofas...nobody where I grew up every acted like that. We were about as fragile as coal trucks." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement using the text as support for your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the physical or emotional defects of any character in the play. How do these defects shape the characters or propel the events of the play?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)