|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg believes Lenny is shy with men because:
2. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
3. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
4. Doc has come by to tell Lenny:
5. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
2. What is ironic about Lenny's birthday wish?
3. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
4. Describe Old Granddaddy's relationship with his granddaughters.
5. What kind of man does Doc Porter appear to be?
6. Describe Meg's encounter with Doc.
7. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
8. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
9. What is ironic about Meg's response to the news about Old Granddaddy?
10. What do Lennie's actions imply about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If the Magrath family were a clear example of family in the United States, what would be the "norm" for family behavior? Use the text to support your ideas about the Magrath family as a typical American family.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you evaluate any character from the text as "successful" or "unsuccessful" according to their own standards and those of society in general.
Essay Topic 3
Considering the information the girls share about Old Granddaddy, make a case for his influence in their lives as unparalleled. Use evidence from the text to support for your assertions.
This section contains 1,593 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)