|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(c) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(d) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
2. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
(b) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
(c) He is guided by strict morals and values.
(d) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
3. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
4. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(b) Lenny has just turned thirty.
(c) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
(d) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
5. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
(a) She wanted to know that Doc was not a weak man.
(b) She had a need for chaos in her life.
(c) She just wanted to die.
(d) She thought she was invincible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
2. Doc earned his nickname because:
3. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
4. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
5. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)