|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(c) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(d) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
2. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(b) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
(c) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
(d) Meg has run off with Doc.
3. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
(b) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(c) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
(d) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
4. Lenny seems to see herself as:
(a) A martyr.
(b) A saint.
(c) A slave.
(d) A princess.
5. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(b) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(c) She is on a diet.
(d) She wants just a little taste of each one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
2. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
3. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
4. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
5. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)