|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He is young and attractive.
(b) He believes Babe is innocent.
(c) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(d) He does not know the family's past history.
2. Lenny is surprised to find:
(a) Chick has remembered her birthday.
(b) Chick has some resentment toward Meg.
(c) Meg might not be coming home.
(d) Others might disapprove of Meg.
3. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He believes she will fail.
(b) He is supportive but naive about show business.
(c) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(d) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
4. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
(b) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(c) Lenny has shrunken them.
(d) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
5. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(b) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
(c) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(d) Babe was not happy to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
2. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
3. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
4. Meg and Lenny's relationship appears at first to be:
5. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meg's life in Hollywood.
2. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
3. What "crime" has Meg committed against Granddaddy in Act II?
4. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
5. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
6. What does the mention of Billy Boy do for the mood of the scene right before Meg enters?
7. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
8. What is Meg's first reaction when she sees Lennie?
9. What kind of man does Doc Porter appear to be?
10. What seems to be happening to Babe at the end of Act II?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)