|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She is a refined Southern lady.
(b) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(c) She wants the attention of men.
(d) She does not care what others think of her.
2. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
(a) She has moved so many times she no longer receives them.
(b) She gets pains in her chest when she thinks of family.
(c) She is no longer interested in the family.
(d) She needs time to pursue her career.
3. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
(b) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
(c) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(d) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
4. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
(a) Convince Meg to leave right away.
(b) Convince Doc to leave right away.
(c) Wait for the hospital to call.
(d) Greet Babe when she arrives.
5. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(b) He is supportive but naive about show business.
(c) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
(d) He believes she will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
2. Lenny is surprised to find:
3. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
4. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
5. Meg takes a coke from the fridge to calm Lennie, but first she drinks from it herself, indicating:
Short Essay Questions
1. What event finally pushes Babe over the brink?
2. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
3. What does the mention of Billy Boy do for the mood of the scene right before Meg enters?
4. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
5. Describe Chick's motivations.
6. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
7. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
8. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
9. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
10. Lenny, Meg, and Babe continually revisit stories from their past. What does this suggest about them?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)