|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
(a) Lenny tried to hang herself like their mother did.
(b) Lenny had never been on a date.
(c) Lenny has taken up gardening as an escape.
(d) Lenny dated a man she met through an ad in the paper.
2. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He is supportive but naive about show business.
(b) He believes she will fail.
(c) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(d) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
3. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
(a) Doc's interest in Meg.
(b) Doc's new wife.
(c) Doc's new baby.
(d) Doc's attention to Chick.
4. Babe claims she shot Zackery in the stomach because:
(a) She was tired of his yelling all the time.
(b) He caught her in the act with Willy Jay.
(c) She was aiming for his heart and her hands were shaking.
(d) He threatened her life that day.
5. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Babe was not happy to marry him.
(b) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(c) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(d) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny begins the play by:
2. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
3. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
4. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
5. Through the dialog, it becomes apparent that Zackery Botrelle:
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
2. Why are Lenny and Babe laughing about Old Granddaddy's stroke?
3. Describe Meg's encounter with Doc.
4. Why does Babe seem surprise to hear the real story of Doc's injury and the town's opinion of Meg?
5. Why do Meg, Lenny, and Babe seem to fall into old patterns of behavior around one another?
6. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
7. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
8. What do Lennie's actions imply about her?
9. What is significant about the last image on stage before the lights go down?
10. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)