|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick's continual focus on the shame their mother's suicide brought on the family suggests:
(a) She is untouched by the situation and doesn't remember much about it.
(b) She is the only responsible one in the family.
(c) She is afraid they will forget what happened,.
(d) She is unsympathetic and self-interested.
2. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
(a) Her own standing in the town.
(b) Babe's welfare.
(c) Her desire to be a member of the Ladies' League.
(d) Lenny's feelings.
3. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
(a) She wants to tell their granddaddy about it.
(b) She knows Meg is getting famous and wants to be part of the action.
(c) She knows Meg has failed as a singer and wants her to feel badly about it.
(d) She is genuinely concerned about Meg's welfare.
4. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
(a) Refuses to speak with him and disappears.
(b) Confronts him and confesses everything.
(c) Begs him to plead guilty so she can just go to jail.
(d) Tells him she cannot reveal her lover.
5. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She is angry with granddaddy.
(b) She does not love Zackery.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
2. Lenny appears to be jealous about:
3. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
4. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
5. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
Short Essay Questions
1. What impedes Lenny's growth or happiness?
2. What do Babe's thoughts about birthday wishes indicate about her?
3. Describe Babe's motivations for shooting Zackery.
4. What kind of man does Doc Porter appear to be?
5. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
6. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
7. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
8. How does Babe explain her mother's fear of dying alone?
9. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
10. What is significant about the last image on stage before the lights go down?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)