|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(b) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(c) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
(d) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
2. During the argument Lenny reveals:
(a) Doc had visited earlier.
(b) Granddaddy is angry with Meg.
(c) It is her birthday.
(d) Chick does not want Meg around.
3. Barnette immediately wins Meg over because:
(a) He does not know the family's past history.
(b) He has seen Meg sing and admires her talent.
(c) He believes Babe is innocent.
(d) He is young and attractive.
4. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Picking up Babe from prison.
(b) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
(c) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(d) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
5. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
(b) She is afraid for her own reputation.
(c) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
(d) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
2. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
3. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
4. When the girls argue about the lawyer, the mood becomes:
5. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
2. How will Old Granddaddy's death affect the girls' lives?
3. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
4. What is significant about the fact that the play begins on Lennie's birthday?
5. Why are Lenny and Babe laughing about Old Granddaddy's stroke?
6. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
7. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
8. What does the mention of Billy Boy do for the mood of the scene right before Meg enters?
9. What kind of relationship did Babe have with Zackery?
10. What do the candy, cokes, and lemonade symbolize for the girls?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)