|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sisters discover it is Lenny's birthday they decide to:
(a) Order her a birthday cake from the bakery.
(b) Contact Charlie Hill for her.
(c) Sing Happy Birthday with a candle on a cookie.
(d) Buy her a box of candy.
2. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(b) A change for Lenny.
(c) The death of hope.
(d) Granddaddy's death.
3. Lenny begins the play by:
(a) Playing her saxophone.
(b) Picking her sister up from prison.
(c) Celebrating her birthday alone.
(d) Remembering the anniversary of her mother's death.
4. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) She did not find him attractive.
(b) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(c) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(d) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
5. Babe seems to blame their mother's death on:
(a) The cat's misbehavior.
(b) The pressures of being a single mother.
(c) Society's judgement of women.
(d) Their father's abandonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
2. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
3. Chick appears to be mainly concerned about:
4. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
5. When Meg objects to Barnette, Lenny claims:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
2. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
3. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
4. What event finally pushes Babe over the brink?
5. Chick's return visit forces what to happen?
6. What kind of relationship did Babe have with Zackery?
7. What do the details of Meg's life in Hollywood reveal?
8. What does Doc appear to want from his meeting with Meg?
9. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
10. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)