|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granddaddy's attitude about Meg's singing career shows:
(a) He wants her to succeed, but won't use his connections to help her.
(b) He believes she will fail.
(c) He disapproves of her choice of careers.
(d) He is supportive but naive about show business.
2. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(b) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
(c) Babe was not happy to marry him.
(d) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
3. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She should not have been released from prison.
(b) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
4. Billy Boy was:
(a) Lenny's horse.
(b) Lenny's pen pal.
(c) Lenny's son.
(d) Lenny's first love.
5. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) She did not find him attractive.
(b) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(c) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
(d) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Babe is oddly impressed by:
2. Lenny believes Babe shot Zackery because:
3. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
4. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
Short Essay Questions
1. What impedes Lenny's growth or happiness?
2. What is Meg's first reaction when she sees Lennie?
3. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
4. What makes Babe finally understand the gravity of her situation?
5. What reason does Meg give Doc for leaving him in Biloxi?
6. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
7. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
8. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
9. How will Old Granddaddy's death affect the girls' lives?
10. Why is Meg easily comforted by Barnette's sacrifice, while Babe is not?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)