|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) Lenny has shrunken them.
(b) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
(c) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(d) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
2. Lenny is surprised to find:
(a) Chick has remembered her birthday.
(b) Chick has some resentment toward Meg.
(c) Meg might not be coming home.
(d) Others might disapprove of Meg.
3. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
(b) Willy Jay's attention to her.
(c) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
(d) The prospect of going to jail.
4. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
(a) She is angry with Meg for dragging the story out of her.
(b) She wants to get the story over with as quickly as possible.
(c) She has given up entirely.
(d) She is prepared to tell the truth, and does not need to
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) As a last resort.
(b) As a favor to a friend.
(c) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(d) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Babe muses about the birthday cake she has ordered for Lenny, Meg:
2. Meg claims she has not read Lenny's letters because:
3. During the argument Lenny reveals:
4. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
5. Doc has apparently:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Meg's life in Hollywood.
2. Describe Meg's encounter with Doc.
3. Who is Billy Boy and what does he represent?
4. Describe Lenny's phone call with Charlie.
5. Why are Lenny and Babe laughing about Old Granddaddy's stroke?
6. What was Meg's life like in L.A.?
7. Why does Babe seem surprise to hear the real story of Doc's injury and the town's opinion of Meg?
8. Describe Babe's motivations for shooting Zackery.
9. What does the mention of Billy Boy do for the mood of the scene right before Meg enters?
10. Describe Chick's motivations.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)