|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(b) His wife is a Yankee.
(c) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(d) His wife is Southern.
2. Meg explains their mother's suicide by telling Babe:
(a) Their mother had a real bad day.
(b) Their mother was temporarily insane.
(c) Their father was responsible for her death.
(d) They are all better off now.
3. The most pressing matter of the moment is:
(a) Picking up Babe from prison.
(b) Visiting Granddaddy at the hospital.
(c) Taking Chick's children to the doctor.
(d) Getting Doc out of the house before Meg sees him.
4. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
(a) Lenniy has invited Doc over.
(b) Lenny has not visited Granddaddy in the hospital.
(c) Lenny believes Babe is innocent.
(d) Lenny has called Meg home on Babe's behalf.
5. Babe's story suggests that Lenny broke up with Charlie Hill because:
(a) Her granddaddy did not approve of him.
(b) She told him about her shrunken ovary and he rejected her.
(c) She did not find him attractive.
(d) Her granddaddy insisted she marry Zackery Botrelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg arrives in town without knowing:
2. Chick suggests Lenny wait at home and do what?
3. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
4. When Meg confesses her reservations, Barnette:
5. When Doc leaves, what does Lenny do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "crime" has Meg committed against Granddaddy in Act II?
2. Describe Meg's encounter with Doc.
3. What is Meg's attitude toward her family?
4. What does Meg and Doc's first meeting in the kitchen suggest about their relationship?
5. What reason does Meg give Doc for leaving him in Biloxi?
6. What is significant about the fact that the play begins on Lennie's birthday?
7. Describe Barnette's vendetta against Zackery.
8. Why did Meg force herself to look at the Diseases of the Skin book and March of Dimes poster as a child?
9. What is Meg's first reaction when she sees Lennie?
10. What do Babe's thoughts about birthday wishes indicate about her?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)