|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
(a) She wants to protect herself from scandal.
(b) She does not love Zackery.
(c) She is angry with granddaddy.
(d) She wants to live.
2. Babe explodes at Chick, which indicates:
(a) She is in an emotionally vulnerable state.
(b) She is angry that her sisters have ganged up on her.
(c) She is in desperate need of confiding in someone.
(d) She should not have been released from prison.
3. Granddaddy's comment that Zackery was the best man for Babe whether she knew it or not implies:
(a) Babe was thrilled to marry him.
(b) Granddaddy was not interested in her happiness.
(c) Babe was not happy to marry him.
(d) Zackery threatened Babe into marrying him.
4. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
(a) She is prepared to tell the truth, and does not need to
(b) She is angry with Meg for dragging the story out of her.
(c) She has given up entirely.
(d) She wants to get the story over with as quickly as possible.
5. Chick implies that Meg is the reason:
(a) Granddaddy is sick.
(b) Doc now walks with a limp.
(c) Lenny is alone on her birthday.
(d) Babe has suffered negative publicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
2. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
3. Billy Boy was:
4. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
5. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What "crime" has Meg committed against Granddaddy in Act II?
2. Why do Meg, Lenny, and Babe seem to fall into old patterns of behavior around one another?
3. What do the candy, cokes, and lemonade symbolize for the girls?
4. What is ironic about Chick's list of crimes the Magrath's are responsible for?
5. What reason does Meg give Doc for leaving him in Biloxi?
6. What is significant about the last image on stage before the lights go down?
7. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
8. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
9. Describe some contradicting facets of Babe's character.
10. Lenny, Meg, and Babe continually revisit stories from their past. What does this suggest about them?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)