|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
(a) The company is skimping on nylon material.
(b) Lenny has purchased the wrong size.
(c) Lenny has shrunken them.
(d) Stress has caused her to become bloated.
2. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(b) His wife is Southern.
(c) His wife is a Yankee.
(d) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
3. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
(d) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
4. When Babe begins telling her story, she refuses Meg's offer of candy, which suggests:
(a) She wants to get the story over with as quickly as possible.
(b) She has given up entirely.
(c) She is prepared to tell the truth, and does not need to
(d) She is angry with Meg for dragging the story out of her.
5. Lenny has agreed to hire Barnette Lloyd:
(a) As a last resort.
(b) As a favor to a friend.
(c) Because he has a crush on Babe.
(d) Because he is the best lawyer in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Meg seems entirely self-interested, her actions reveal:
2. When Barnette Lloyd arrives, Babe:
3. Chick is upset at Lenny because:
4. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
5. Chick asks Meg about her singing career because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
2. What might Babe's saxophone represent?
3. What do Lennie's actions imply about her?
4. How do Meg and Lenny appear to feel about their father?
5. What does Babe's affair with Willy Jay suggest about her?
6. Why is Lenny so angry at Meg?
7. How will Old Granddaddy's death affect the girls' lives?
8. What is ironic about Meg's response to the news about Old Granddaddy?
9. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
10. Chick is presented as "too big" for her pantyhose, and her hairstyle threatens to become too big also. What does this bigness suggest about her character?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)