|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg and Lenny's relationship appears at first to be:
(d) Distant and cold.
2. Chick's physical appearance suggests:
(a) She is a refined Southern lady.
(b) She does not care what others think of her.
(c) She is a woman concerned with appearances.
(d) She wants the attention of men.
3. Babe is oddly impressed by:
(a) The amount of coverage she has received since the shooting.
(b) The prospect of going to jail.
(c) Willy Jay's attention to her.
(d) The amount of attention she is getting in town.
4. Babe does not want to expose Willy Jay because:
(a) She promised his mother she would keep it a secret.
(b) She wants to pursue the relationship when the trial is over.
(c) She does not want to ruin his reputation.
(d) She is afraid for her own reputation.
5. Chick tells Lennie that Lenny's gift to her daughter fell apart because:
(a) She wants to get revenge on Meg for her behavior.
(b) She wants Lenny to like her.
(c) She wants to assert her superiority over Lenny.
(d) She wants Lenny to buy another gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
2. Meg and Babe fantasize about the huge birthday cake they have ordered for Lenny, which reveals:
3. Meg and Babe remember their mother's death differently because:
4. Babe will not talk to Barnette Lloyd because:
5. Doc's gift to Lenny is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg and Doc's first meeting in the kitchen suggest about their relationship?
2. What does Babe's speech about her saxophone reveal about her character?
3. What possibilities does Barnette Lloyd present as Babe's attorney.
4. How does Babe explain her mother's fear of dying alone?
5. How do Lenny and Babe feel at the start of Act III?
6. Why is Barnette willing to give up his vendetta?
7. What does Babe's attitude about jail reveal about her?
8. What do the details of Meg's life in Hollywood reveal?
9. What do Meg and Babe's comments about Charlie reveal about the sisters.
10. Why is Meg easily comforted by Barnette's sacrifice, while Babe is not?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)