|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg protests to the idea of Doc's wife because:
(a) His wife is Southern.
(b) She detests artists because she is jealous of them.
(c) She still has feelings for Doc and wants to tell him.
(d) His wife is a Yankee.
2. Lenny's birthday gift turns out to be a box of candy, which suggests:
(a) Chick cares a great deal about Lenny.
(b) Chick has put no thought into the gift.
(c) Lenny has a sweet tooth.
(d) Lenny is overweight.
3. Chick's attitude toward Meg reveals:
(a) She is secretly happy to have Meg back.
(b) Their relationship is strained and confrontational.
(c) Their relationship will be mended over the course of the play.
(d) She is jealous of Meg's lifestyle.
4. Chick's tight extra-petite pantyhose suggest:
(a) She cares about the quality of her clothing.
(b) Lenny has deliberately bought the wrong size.
(c) She cares more about appearance than comfort.
(d) Lenny has forgotten what size she wears.
5. Billy Boy's death might signal:
(a) A change for Lenny.
(b) A bad omen for the Magraths.
(c) Granddaddy's death.
(d) The death of hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than admit she is gaining weight, Chick claims the pantyhose do not fit because:
2. What secret does Babe reveal about Lenny to Meg?
3. During the argument Lenny reveals:
4. Through Babe's confession she discovers:
5. Lenny's solo celebration suggests:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnette's reaction to Babe's story reveal about his character?
2. What does Babe's speech about her saxophone reveal about her character?
3. Why does Meg bring up Lenny's boyfriend from Memphis?
4. What is ironic about Lenny's birthday wish?
5. Describe Old Granddaddy's relationship with his granddaughters.
6. Describe some contradicting facets of Babe's character.
7. What kind of man does Doc Porter appear to be?
8. What is ironic about Meg's response to the news about Old Granddaddy?
9. Describe Barnette's vendetta against Zackery.
10. What reason does Meg give Doc for leaving him in Biloxi?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)