|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
2. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(b) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(c) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(d) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
3. Doc's two kids are:
(b) A boy and a girl.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Twin boys.
4. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
(b) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
(c) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(d) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
5. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
(a) Should be left out of the story if possible.
(b) Caused the fight between Babe and Zackery.
(c) Will have to be put on the witness stand.
(d) Is lucky he escaped with his life.
6. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
(a) She does not want things to start up between them.
(b) She has not forgiven her for leaving her in Biloxi.
(c) She does not want him to know she still cares for him.
(d) She feels guilty about leaving her sisters home alone.
7. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
8. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) Diseases of the Brain.
(d) Diseases of the Skin.
9. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
(b) It hides the truth about who he was.
(c) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
(d) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
10. People in town think Meg:
(a) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
(b) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
(c) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(d) Should have been famous.
11. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
(a) They go to his house to meet his wife, Joan.
(b) They go to the hospital to see Old Granddaddy.
(c) They go back to Biloxi.
(d) They go for a ride to look at the moon.
12. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) An accident.
(b) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(c) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(d) Babe's desire to start a new life.
13. Doc earned his nickname because:
(a) He had a fear of hospitals.
(b) He always planned to be a doctor.
(c) He took care of the animals on his farm.
(d) He took care of the sick and injured during the hurricane.
14. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want her to leave him.
(b) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(c) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(d) He did not want to see her hurt.
15. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
(a) He couldn not make up his own mind.
(b) He loved Meg.
(c) He was hurt and could not move.
(d) He wanted to defy Old Granddaddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
2. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
3. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
4. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
5. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)