|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(b) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
(c) So she can take care of Babe.
(d) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
2. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(b) The hospital.
3. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
(a) She tried to stuff them into a mailbox to send them home.
(b) She tried to sell them to Lenny.
(c) She tried to sell them to a pawn shop.
(d) She tried to stuff them in a March of Dimes box.
4. While Becky explains the details of the shooting, it is clear that Barnette:
(a) Knows he is going to have to lie on her behalf.
(b) Knows how to manipulate the truth to her advantage.
(c) Does not believe her story.
(d) Think she is guilty.
5. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(b) She is on a diet.
(c) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(d) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
6. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(b) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
(c) She is naive and hopeful.
(d) She has nothing else to believe in.
7. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
(b) That she wants him to come home again.
(c) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(d) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
8. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(b) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(c) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(d) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
9. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(b) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(c) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(d) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
10. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(b) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
(c) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(d) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
11. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(b) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
(c) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
(d) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
12. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny has just turned thirty.
(b) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
(c) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(d) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
13. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
(a) Made oatmeal.
(b) Called Lenny.
(c) Called Old Granddaddy.
(d) Made lemonade.
14. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
15. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
(a) Meg never asks Lenny for permission for anything.
(b) Meg has no respect for other people's property.
(c) Meg has so much more than Lenny does.
(d) Meg refuses to share anything with Lenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
2. Lenny seems to see herself as:
3. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
4. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
5. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)