|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(b) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(c) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
(d) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
2. What nickname does Doc call Meg?
3. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
(a) Called Old Granddaddy.
(b) Called Lenny.
(c) Made lemonade.
(d) Made oatmeal.
4. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
(a) Singing in the Rain.
(b) Singing in Biloxi.
(c) Singing at Greeny's.
(d) Singing in a Shoe Factory.
5. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants him to come home again.
(b) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(c) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(d) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
6. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(b) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(c) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(d) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
7. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(b) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(c) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
8. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
(b) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
(c) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(d) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
9. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He bought them matching suits.
(b) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
(c) He took them into his home.
(d) He took them out to see a movie.
10. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She is on a diet.
(b) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(c) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(d) She wants just a little taste of each one.
11. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) Zackery's sister Lucille.
(b) Willy Jay's mother.
(c) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(d) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
12. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(b) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(c) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(d) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
13. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
(a) She tried to sell them to Lenny.
(b) She tried to sell them to a pawn shop.
(c) She tried to stuff them into a mailbox to send them home.
(d) She tried to stuff them in a March of Dimes box.
14. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It hides the truth about who he was.
(b) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
(c) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
(d) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
15. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) The gravity of her actions.
(b) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(c) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(d) That she does not love Zackery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
2. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
3. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
4. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
5. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)