|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
2. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
(a) Barnette's father's reputation.
(b) Babe's hospital record.
(c) Barnette's mother.
(d) Babe's affair with Willy Jay.
3. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(b) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
(d) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
4. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) An accident.
(b) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(c) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(d) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(b) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(c) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
6. Doc earned his nickname because:
(a) He had a fear of hospitals.
(b) He took care of the sick and injured during the hurricane.
(c) He took care of the animals on his farm.
(d) He always planned to be a doctor.
7. What nickname does Doc call Meg?
8. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
9. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants him to come home again.
(b) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(c) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(d) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
10. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
(a) Meg refuses to share anything with Lenny.
(b) Meg has so much more than Lenny does.
(c) Meg never asks Lenny for permission for anything.
(d) Meg has no respect for other people's property.
11. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
(b) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
(c) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(d) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
12. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It hides the truth about who he was.
(b) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
(c) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
(d) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
13. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(b) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(c) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(d) He wants to see Meg.
14. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
(a) Singing in a Shoe Factory.
(b) Singing in the Rain.
(c) Singing at Greeny's.
(d) Singing in Biloxi.
15. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
(b) Zackery's sister Lucille.
(c) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(d) Willy Jay's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
2. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
3. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
4. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
5. Lenny seems to see herself as:
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)