|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
(b) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(c) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
(d) Lenny has just turned thirty.
2. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
(a) Barnette's mother.
(b) Babe's hospital record.
(c) Babe's affair with Willy Jay.
(d) Barnette's father's reputation.
3. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
(a) They wanted to know what the gossip was about.
(b) They worry about her and want her to be happy.
(c) They were afraid for her safety.
(d) They wanted to call Charlie and invite him for Lenny's birthday.
4. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(b) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(c) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
6. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
7. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(d) The hospital.
8. During their conversation:
(a) Zackery calls to arrange a deal with Babe.
(b) Zackery calls to tell Babe he has evidence against her.
(c) Barnette calls Zackery to tell him to not to contact Babe.
(d) Barnette calls Zackery to arrange a deal.
9. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
(a) Maybe it is because she does not want to.
(b) Maybe it is because she enjoys hurting others.
(c) Maybe it is because she is wants to show Lenny who is tougher.
(d) Maybe it is because she never learned to.
10. People in town think Meg:
(a) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(b) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
(c) Should have been famous.
(d) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
11. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(b) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(c) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
(d) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
12. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
(a) Her inexperience.
(b) Her baldness.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her shrunken ovary.
13. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
(a) They go to the hospital to see Old Granddaddy.
(b) They go for a ride to look at the moon.
(c) They go to his house to meet his wife, Joan.
(d) They go back to Biloxi.
14. Babe is upset when:
(a) Lenny refuses to speak to her.
(b) Meg makes her cry.
(c) Meg makes Lenny cry.
(d) Lenny refuses to speak to Meg.
15. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) Diseases of the Skin.
(d) Diseases of the Brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
2. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
3. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
4. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
5. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)