|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(b) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(c) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(d) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
2. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(b) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(c) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(d) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
3. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Diseases of the Skin.
(d) Diseases of the Brain.
4. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
(a) They go to his house to meet his wife, Joan.
(b) They go back to Biloxi.
(c) They go for a ride to look at the moon.
(d) They go to the hospital to see Old Granddaddy.
5. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
(b) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(c) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
(d) Lenny has just turned thirty.
6. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
(a) She just wanted to die.
(b) She wanted to know that Doc was not a weak man.
(c) She thought she was invincible.
(d) She had a need for chaos in her life.
7. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(b) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
(c) So she can take care of Babe.
(d) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
8. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
9. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(b) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(c) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(d) An accident.
10. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
(a) She has not forgiven her for leaving her in Biloxi.
(b) She does not want things to start up between them.
(c) She feels guilty about leaving her sisters home alone.
(d) She does not want him to know she still cares for him.
11. People in town think Meg:
(a) Should have been famous.
(b) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(c) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
(d) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
12. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(b) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(c) That she does not love Zackery.
(d) The gravity of her actions.
13. During their conversation:
(a) Zackery calls to tell Babe he has evidence against her.
(b) Barnette calls Zackery to arrange a deal.
(c) Zackery calls to arrange a deal with Babe.
(d) Barnette calls Zackery to tell him to not to contact Babe.
14. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) Willy Jay's mother.
(b) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
(c) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(d) Zackery's sister Lucille.
15. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
(a) She tried to sell them to Lenny.
(b) She tried to sell them to a pawn shop.
(c) She tried to stuff them into a mailbox to send them home.
(d) She tried to stuff them in a March of Dimes box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
2. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
3. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
4. What nickname does Doc call Meg?
5. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)