|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
(a) Meg refuses to share anything with Lenny.
(b) Meg has no respect for other people's property.
(c) Meg never asks Lenny for permission for anything.
(d) Meg has so much more than Lenny does.
2. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
(a) She tried to sell them to a pawn shop.
(b) She tried to stuff them into a mailbox to send them home.
(c) She tried to stuff them in a March of Dimes box.
(d) She tried to sell them to Lenny.
3. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(b) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(c) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(d) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
4. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
(a) Called Lenny.
(b) Made lemonade.
(c) Made oatmeal.
(d) Called Old Granddaddy.
5. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her shrunken ovary.
(c) Her baldness.
(d) Her inexperience.
6. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
(b) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
(c) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(d) Lenny has just turned thirty.
7. Babe is upset when:
(a) Lenny refuses to speak to Meg.
(b) Lenny refuses to speak to her.
(c) Meg makes Lenny cry.
(d) Meg makes her cry.
8. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(b) She is naive and hopeful.
(c) She has nothing else to believe in.
(d) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
9. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(b) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(c) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(d) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
10. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(b) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
(d) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
11. Lenny seems to see herself as:
(a) A princess.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A saint.
(d) A slave.
12. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(c) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(d) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
13. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
(b) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(c) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
(d) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
14. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He is guided by strict morals and values.
(b) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
(c) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
(d) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
15. Doc's two kids are:
(a) A boy and a girl.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Twin boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
2. Doc earned his nickname because:
3. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
4. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
5. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)