|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(b) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
(c) Meg has run off with Doc.
(d) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
2. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
(b) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(c) She is naive and hopeful.
(d) She has nothing else to believe in.
3. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
(b) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(c) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(d) That she wants him to come home again.
4. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(b) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(c) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
(d) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
5. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She never wants to see Babe again.
(b) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(c) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(d) She will never trust Babe again.
6. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(b) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
(d) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
7. What book did Meg punish herself by looking at?
(a) Diseases of the Brain.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Diseases of the Skin.
8. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He took them into his home.
(b) He took them out to see a movie.
(c) He bought them matching suits.
(d) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
9. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
(a) He couldn not make up his own mind.
(b) He wanted to defy Old Granddaddy.
(c) He loved Meg.
(d) He was hurt and could not move.
10. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
(b) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
(c) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
(d) It hides the truth about who he was.
11. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(c) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(d) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
12. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
13. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(a) The hospital.
14. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(b) That she does not love Zackery.
(c) The gravity of her actions.
(d) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
15. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
(a) Singing in Biloxi.
(b) Singing in the Rain.
(c) Singing at Greeny's.
(d) Singing in a Shoe Factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
2. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
3. People in town think Meg:
4. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
5. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)