|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(b) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(c) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(d) An accident.
2. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(b) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(c) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(d) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
3. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can take care of Babe.
(b) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
(c) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(d) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
4. People in town think Meg:
(a) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(b) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
(c) Should have been famous.
(d) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(c) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
6. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
(b) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
(c) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(d) Meg has run off with Doc.
7. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(b) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(c) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(d) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
8. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
(a) She has to turn herself in to the authorities.
(b) It will not do any good because the photos have already gone to the press.
(c) It will not do any good because Zackery has the negative.
(d) Zackery has already seen the photos.
9. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
(b) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(c) That she wants him to come home again.
(d) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
10. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
(a) They are still in love with one another.
(b) They they cannot remember one another.
(c) They do not want to spend time together.
(d) They cannot remember the details of their last meeting.
11. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She has nothing else to believe in.
(b) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(c) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
(d) She is naive and hopeful.
12. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(b) She never wants to see Babe again.
(c) She will never trust Babe again.
(d) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
13. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(b) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(c) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(d) He wants to see Meg.
14. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(a) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
(c) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
15. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(b) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(c) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(d) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation:
2. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
3. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
4. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
5. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)