Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in town think Meg:
(a) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
(b) Should have been famous.
(c) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(d) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
2. During their conversation:
(a) Barnette calls Zackery to arrange a deal.
(b) Zackery calls to tell Babe he has evidence against her.
(c) Barnette calls Zackery to tell him to not to contact Babe.
(d) Zackery calls to arrange a deal with Babe.
3. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(b) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(c) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(d) She is on a diet.
4. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(b) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(c) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(d) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
5. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(c) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(d) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
6. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(b) An accident.
(c) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(d) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
7. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(b) She will never trust Babe again.
(c) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(d) She never wants to see Babe again.
8. Doc's two kids are:
(a) Two girls.
(b) Twin boys.
(d) A boy and a girl.
9. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(b) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
(c) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
(d) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
10. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
(a) Meg was the one who got caught in the hurricane.
(b) Meg was the one who found their father dead.
(c) Meg was the one who had to tell Old Granddaddy.
(d) Meg was the one who found their mother dead.
11. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(c) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(d) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
12. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(b) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(c) He wants to see Meg.
(d) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
13. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
14. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
(b) It hides the truth about who he was.
(c) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
(d) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
15. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(b) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(c) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(d) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
2. Lenny seems to see herself as:
3. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
4. Lenny learns that Meg has:
5. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)