|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
(a) They go to his house to meet his wife, Joan.
(b) They go to the hospital to see Old Granddaddy.
(c) They go back to Biloxi.
(d) They go for a ride to look at the moon.
2. What nickname does Doc call Meg?
3. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) Willy Jay's mother.
(b) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
(c) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(d) Zackery's sister Lucille.
4. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
(b) He bought them matching suits.
(c) He took them out to see a movie.
(d) He took them into his home.
5. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
(a) It reminds them of how much he loved their mother.
(b) It hides the pain he feels about their mother's suicide.
(c) It hides the truth about who he was.
(d) It reminds them of how much they miss him.
6. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
(a) Will have to be put on the witness stand.
(b) Caused the fight between Babe and Zackery.
(c) Should be left out of the story if possible.
(d) Is lucky he escaped with his life.
7. Meg's comment, "forget the glasses," at the end of her scene with Doc implies:
(a) Meg wants to vex Old Granddaddy by running away.
(b) They don't want to drink and drive.
(c) They have had enough of being proper and want to rebel.
(d) Meg is trying to forget her problems by drinking.
8. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to see Meg.
(b) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(c) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(d) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
9. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want to see her hurt.
(b) He did not want her to leave him.
(c) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(d) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
10. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(b) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(c) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(d) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
11. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she does not love Zackery.
(b) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(c) The gravity of her actions.
(d) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
12. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
(a) She thought she loved Zackery.
(b) She does not understand that she is getting married.
(c) She was drunk on champagne.
(d) Old Granddaddy told her to smile.
13. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(b) So she can take care of Babe.
(c) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
(d) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
14. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
(b) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
(c) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
(d) He is guided by strict morals and values.
15. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) An accident.
(b) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(c) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(d) Babe's desire to start a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
2. Why does Babe keep articles about unhappy things in her scrapbook?
3. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
4. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)