|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(b) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(c) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(d) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
2. Babe surprises Barnette by:
(a) Remembering all the details of the shooting.
(b) Remembering the first time they met at a Christmas Bazarre.
(c) Confessing the affair with Willy Jay.
(d) Confessing she does not love Zackery.
3. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He bought them matching suits.
(b) He took them into his home.
(c) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
(d) He took them out to see a movie.
4. Meg's comment, "forget the glasses," at the end of her scene with Doc implies:
(a) They don't want to drink and drive.
(b) Meg wants to vex Old Granddaddy by running away.
(c) They have had enough of being proper and want to rebel.
(d) Meg is trying to forget her problems by drinking.
5. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
(a) She has not forgiven her for leaving her in Biloxi.
(b) She does not want things to start up between them.
(c) She does not want him to know she still cares for him.
(d) She feels guilty about leaving her sisters home alone.
6. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) Willy Jay's mother.
(b) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(c) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
(d) Zackery's sister Lucille.
7. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
(a) She wants him to understand what has happened to her since she left.
(b) She wants him to leave her alone.
(c) She wants to apologize for leaving him in Biloxi.
(d) She wants him to feel sorry for her.
8. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(a) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
(b) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
9. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
10. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(b) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(c) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(d) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
11. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
(a) She does not understand that she is getting married.
(b) Old Granddaddy told her to smile.
(c) She thought she loved Zackery.
(d) She was drunk on champagne.
12. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
(a) They wanted to know what the gossip was about.
(b) They wanted to call Charlie and invite him for Lenny's birthday.
(c) They worry about her and want her to be happy.
(d) They were afraid for her safety.
13. Meg's desire to remain while the hurricane hit Biloxi suggests:
(a) She thought she was invincible.
(b) She just wanted to die.
(c) She wanted to know that Doc was not a weak man.
(d) She had a need for chaos in her life.
14. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
(b) Meg has run off with Doc.
(c) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(d) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
15. People in town think Meg:
(a) Should have been famous.
(b) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
(c) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
(d) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
2. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
3. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
4. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
5. Doc earned his nickname because:
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)