|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(b) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(c) That she does not love Zackery.
(d) The gravity of her actions.
2. While Becky explains the details of the shooting, it is clear that Barnette:
(a) Knows he is going to have to lie on her behalf.
(b) Does not believe her story.
(c) Think she is guilty.
(d) Knows how to manipulate the truth to her advantage.
3. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
(b) Meg has run off with Doc.
(c) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(d) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
4. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(b) He did not want to see her hurt.
(c) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(d) He did not want her to leave him.
5. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
(a) Old Granddaddy told her to smile.
(b) She was drunk on champagne.
(c) She does not understand that she is getting married.
(d) She thought she loved Zackery.
6. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(b) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(c) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
(d) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
7. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(b) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(c) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(d) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
8. What nickname does Doc call Meg?
9. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(c) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
10. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can take care of Babe.
(b) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(c) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
(d) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
11. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
(a) They were afraid for her safety.
(b) They wanted to call Charlie and invite him for Lenny's birthday.
(c) They worry about her and want her to be happy.
(d) They wanted to know what the gossip was about.
12. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
(a) Should be left out of the story if possible.
(b) Caused the fight between Babe and Zackery.
(c) Is lucky he escaped with his life.
(d) Will have to be put on the witness stand.
13. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(b) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(c) She is on a diet.
(d) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
14. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(b) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(c) He wants to see Meg.
(d) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
15. Doc's two kids are:
(a) Twin boys.
(b) Two girls.
(c) A boy and a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
2. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
3. Lenny believes Doc stated in Biloxi during the hurricane because:
4. During their conversation:
5. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)