|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He bought them matching suits.
(b) He took them into his home.
(c) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
(d) He took them out to see a movie.
2. Lenny learns that Meg has:
(a) Eaten her birthday candy.
(b) Lied about being on Johnny Carson's show.
(c) Gotten drunk after their visit to the hospital.
(d) Gone back to California.
3. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
(a) She wants him to understand what has happened to her since she left.
(b) She wants him to feel sorry for her.
(c) She wants to apologize for leaving him in Biloxi.
(d) She wants him to leave her alone.
4. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
(a) They decide to go out riding with Doc.
(b) They decide to play hearts and eat popcorn.
(c) They decide to go see Meg singing at Greeny's.
(d) They decide to look through photo albums.
5. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(b) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(c) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(d) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
6. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
(a) She has to turn herself in to the authorities.
(b) It will not do any good because Zackery has the negative.
(c) Zackery has already seen the photos.
(d) It will not do any good because the photos have already gone to the press.
7. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(c) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
8. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(b) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
(c) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(d) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
9. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(a) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
(d) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
10. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(a) The hospital.
11. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can take care of Babe.
(b) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
(c) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(d) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
12. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
13. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
(a) Meg has no respect for other people's property.
(b) Meg has so much more than Lenny does.
(c) Meg refuses to share anything with Lenny.
(d) Meg never asks Lenny for permission for anything.
14. Doc earned his nickname because:
(a) He took care of the sick and injured during the hurricane.
(b) He took care of the animals on his farm.
(c) He had a fear of hospitals.
(d) He always planned to be a doctor.
15. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(b) That she does not love Zackery.
(c) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(d) The gravity of her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
2. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
3. Lenny seems to see herself as:
4. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
5. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)