|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(b) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(c) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(d) That Meg has run off with Doc.
2. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
(a) She wants him to leave her alone.
(b) She wants him to feel sorry for her.
(c) She wants him to understand what has happened to her since she left.
(d) She wants to apologize for leaving him in Biloxi.
3. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(b) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(c) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(d) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
4. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(b) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
(c) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
(d) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
5. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
(a) Babe wants to reunite with Zackery.
(b) Barnette and Babe are attracted to one another.
(c) Barnette and Babe have no chance in the trial.
(d) Babe wants to find another lawyer.
6. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(b) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(c) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(d) He wants to see Meg.
7. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants him to come home again.
(b) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(c) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(d) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
8. Lenny reveals that she did not tell Charlie about her ovary because:
(a) She did not want him to anger Old Granddaddy.
(b) She did not want him to pity her.
(c) She did not want him not to want her.
(d) She did not want him to know anything personal about her.
9. How old was Lenny when their mother died?
10. Lenny learns that Meg has:
(a) Eaten her birthday candy.
(b) Gotten drunk after their visit to the hospital.
(c) Lied about being on Johnny Carson's show.
(d) Gone back to California.
11. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(b) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(c) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(d) She is on a diet.
12. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(b) She will never trust Babe again.
(c) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(d) She never wants to see Babe again.
13. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
(a) It will not do any good because the photos have already gone to the press.
(b) She has to turn herself in to the authorities.
(c) It will not do any good because Zackery has the negative.
(d) Zackery has already seen the photos.
14. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
(a) She does not understand that she is getting married.
(b) Old Granddaddy told her to smile.
(c) She thought she loved Zackery.
(d) She was drunk on champagne.
15. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
(a) They were afraid for her safety.
(b) They wanted to know what the gossip was about.
(c) They worry about her and want her to be happy.
(d) They wanted to call Charlie and invite him for Lenny's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
2. Doc's two kids are:
3. During their conversation:
4. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
5. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)