|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(b) That Meg has run off with Doc.
(c) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(d) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
2. Lenny reveals that she did not tell Charlie about her ovary because:
(a) She did not want him to anger Old Granddaddy.
(b) She did not want him to pity her.
(c) She did not want him not to want her.
(d) She did not want him to know anything personal about her.
3. What secret has Babe revealed to Meg about Lenny?
(a) Lenny has not dated anyone since high school.
(b) Lenny has just turned thirty.
(c) Lenny has been covering up for Old Granddaddy's illness.
(d) Lenny had been dating a man named Charlie from Memphis.
4. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(b) He wants to see Meg.
(c) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(d) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
5. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(b) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(c) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(d) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
6. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(b) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(c) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(d) An accident.
7. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
(a) Maybe it is because she enjoys hurting others.
(b) Maybe it is because she is wants to show Lenny who is tougher.
(c) Maybe it is because she never learned to.
(d) Maybe it is because she does not want to.
8. Doc's two kids are:
(a) Two girls.
(c) A boy and a girl.
(d) Twin boys.
9. Lenny seems to see herself as:
(a) A princess.
(b) A slave.
(c) A saint.
(d) A martyr.
10. Barnette's personal vendetta against Zackery involves:
(a) Barnette's father's reputation.
(b) Babe's hospital record.
(c) Barnette's mother.
(d) Babe's affair with Willy Jay.
11. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want to see her hurt.
(b) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(c) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(d) He did not want her to leave him.
12. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
(a) He took them into his home.
(b) He bought them matching suits.
(c) He bought them banana splits for breakfast.
(d) He took them out to see a movie.
13. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
(a) Is lucky he escaped with his life.
(b) Should be left out of the story if possible.
(c) Caused the fight between Babe and Zackery.
(d) Will have to be put on the witness stand.
14. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He is guided by strict morals and values.
(b) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
(c) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
(d) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
15. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She will never trust Babe again.
(b) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(c) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(d) She never wants to see Babe again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lenny learns that Meg has:
2. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
3. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
4. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
5. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)