|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People in town think Meg:
(a) Was the most responsible of the Magrath girls.
(b) Should have been famous.
(c) Caused Old Granddaddy's stroke.
(d) Caused Doc's accident and then left him.
2. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(b) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
(c) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(d) That she wants him to come home again.
3. While Becky explains the details of the shooting, it is clear that Barnette:
(a) Knows he is going to have to lie on her behalf.
(b) Does not believe her story.
(c) Think she is guilty.
(d) Knows how to manipulate the truth to her advantage.
4. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
(a) Singing in Biloxi.
(b) Singing in the Rain.
(c) Singing in a Shoe Factory.
(d) Singing at Greeny's.
5. What seems to be Lenny's "comfort" food?
6. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(b) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(c) He wants to see Meg.
(d) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
7. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(b) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
(c) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(d) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
8. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(c) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(d) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
9. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She is naive and hopeful.
(b) She has nothing else to believe in.
(c) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(d) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
10. Lenny learns that Meg has:
(a) Lied about being on Johnny Carson's show.
(b) Eaten her birthday candy.
(c) Gone back to California.
(d) Gotten drunk after their visit to the hospital.
11. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
(b) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
(c) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(d) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
12. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(b) An accident.
(c) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
(d) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
13. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(b) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(c) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
(d) She is on a diet.
14. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(c) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(d) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
15. During their conversation:
(a) Barnette calls Zackery to arrange a deal.
(b) Zackery calls to tell Babe he has evidence against her.
(c) Barnette calls Zackery to tell him to not to contact Babe.
(d) Zackery calls to arrange a deal with Babe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
2. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
3. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
4. Lenny seems to see herself as:
5. Lenny's reason for exploding at Meg over the candy is:
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)