|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She never wants to see Babe again.
(b) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(c) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
(d) She will never trust Babe again.
2. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
(a) She wants to apologize for leaving him in Biloxi.
(b) She wants him to feel sorry for her.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to understand what has happened to her since she left.
3. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(b) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
(c) Meg has run off with Doc.
(d) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
4. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
(a) They decide to go out riding with Doc.
(b) They decide to go see Meg singing at Greeny's.
(c) They decide to play hearts and eat popcorn.
(d) They decide to look through photo albums.
5. Before she called the police after shooting Zackery, Babe:
(a) Called Lenny.
(b) Made lemonade.
(c) Called Old Granddaddy.
(d) Made oatmeal.
6. Lenny reveals that she did not tell Charlie about her ovary because:
(a) She did not want him not to want her.
(b) She did not want him to anger Old Granddaddy.
(c) She did not want him to know anything personal about her.
(d) She did not want him to pity her.
7. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(d) The hospital.
8. Babe is upset when:
(a) Meg makes Lenny cry.
(b) Lenny refuses to speak to Meg.
(c) Meg makes her cry.
(d) Lenny refuses to speak to her.
9. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(c) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(d) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
10. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(c) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
(d) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
11. Why does Babe keep articles about unhappy things in her scrapbook?
(a) She wants to believe that all the events in her life were happy.
(b) She wants to caution herself against repeating mistakes.
(c) She wants to keep an accurate record.
(d) She wants to remind herself of the good days.
12. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
(a) Meg was the one who found their father dead.
(b) Meg was the one who got caught in the hurricane.
(c) Meg was the one who had to tell Old Granddaddy.
(d) Meg was the one who found their mother dead.
13. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
(a) Her inexperience.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her baldness.
(d) Her shrunken ovary.
14. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
(b) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(c) He wants to see Meg.
(d) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
15. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want her to leave him.
(b) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(c) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(d) He did not want to see her hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Meg and Doc go together?
2. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
3. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
4. Doc's two kids are:
5. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)