|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
(b) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(c) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(d) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
2. While she tells her story, the comfort food Babe indulges in is:
3. Babe is upset when:
(a) Meg makes her cry.
(b) Lenny refuses to speak to her.
(c) Lenny refuses to speak to Meg.
(d) Meg makes Lenny cry.
4. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
(a) Meg was the one who got caught in the hurricane.
(b) Meg was the one who had to tell Old Granddaddy.
(c) Meg was the one who found their mother dead.
(d) Meg was the one who found their father dead.
5. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(b) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(c) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(d) That Meg has run off with Doc.
6. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
(a) She does not want him to know she still cares for him.
(b) She feels guilty about leaving her sisters home alone.
(c) She does not want things to start up between them.
(d) She has not forgiven her for leaving her in Biloxi.
7. Why does Meg tell Doc she went to the Psychiatric ward in L.A.?
(a) She wants to apologize for leaving him in Biloxi.
(b) She wants him to understand what has happened to her since she left.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) She wants him to feel sorry for her.
8. Though Meg did not lie to Old Granddaddy out of cruelty:
(a) She has not considered the long-term effects of her lies.
(b) She has not tried to succeed in Hollywood.
(c) She has not considered Lenny's feelings about her career.
(d) She has not tried to cover up the truth about her career.
9. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
(a) She is easily deceived by her sisters.
(b) She thinks Meg is a successful singer.
(c) She has nothing else to believe in.
(d) She is naive and hopeful.
10. Doc's two kids are:
(a) Two girls.
(b) A boy and a girl.
(c) Twin boys.
11. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
(a) They decide to look through photo albums.
(b) They decide to go out riding with Doc.
(c) They decide to play hearts and eat popcorn.
(d) They decide to go see Meg singing at Greeny's.
12. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she does not love Zackery.
(b) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(c) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(d) The gravity of her actions.
13. Babe wants a copy of the paper because:
(a) She wants to monitor the damage to her reputation.
(b) She wants to cut out the articles on the shooting and put them in her scrapbook.
(c) She wants to know if she is getting more coverage than her mother.
(d) She wants to know about new developments in the case.
14. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
(a) Is lucky he escaped with his life.
(b) Will have to be put on the witness stand.
(c) Caused the fight between Babe and Zackery.
(d) Should be left out of the story if possible.
15. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want to see her hurt.
(b) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(c) He did not want her to get married at her age.
(d) He did not want her to leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
2. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
3. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
4. At first, Doc and Meg pretend:
5. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)