|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Babe keep articles about unhappy things in her scrapbook?
(a) She wants to caution herself against repeating mistakes.
(b) She wants to keep an accurate record.
(c) She wants to remind herself of the good days.
(d) She wants to believe that all the events in her life were happy.
2. What is the name of the movie Meg tells Old Granddaddy she will star in?
(a) Singing at Greeny's.
(b) Singing in Biloxi.
(c) Singing in the Rain.
(d) Singing in a Shoe Factory.
3. Why does Babe say things have been hard for Meg?
(a) Meg was the one who got caught in the hurricane.
(b) Meg was the one who found their father dead.
(c) Meg was the one who had to tell Old Granddaddy.
(d) Meg was the one who found their mother dead.
4. What do the girls decide to do just like old times?
(a) They decide to play hearts and eat popcorn.
(b) They decide to go out riding with Doc.
(c) They decide to look through photo albums.
(d) They decide to go see Meg singing at Greeny's.
5. What did Babe want for her mother's funeral?
(a) She wanted her mother to be buried at a castle.
(b) She wanted a banana split for breakfast.
(c) She wanted a team of white horses to carry the coffin.
(d) She wanted to keep her mother's cat.
6. What does Lenny fear will prevent men from loving her?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her shrunken ovary.
(c) Her inexperience.
(d) Her baldness.
7. Meg has taken little bites out of all of Lenny's candy because:
(a) She wants just a little taste of each one.
(b) She cannot make up her mind about which ones she wants.
(c) She is on a diet.
(d) She wants to find the ones with nuts in them.
8. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
(b) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
(c) He is guided by strict morals and values.
(d) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
9. When Meg went crazy in L.A., what did she do with her jewels and valuables?
(a) She tried to sell them to Lenny.
(b) She tried to sell them to a pawn shop.
(c) She tried to stuff them into a mailbox to send them home.
(d) She tried to stuff them in a March of Dimes box.
10. Lenny is still upset that as children Meg had more :
(b) Jingle bells on her petticoats.
(d) Attention from Old Granddaddy.
11. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
(b) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(c) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
(d) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
12. Lenny returns upset with Meg because:
(a) Meg has run off with Doc.
(b) Meg has gone to the store to buy liquor.
(c) Meg has refused to return home with her.
(d) Meg has lied to Old Granddaddy about her success.
13. Why does Doc come over during the card game?
(a) He wants to know if Babe is alright.
(b) He wants to see Meg.
(c) He wants to ask about Old Granddaddy.
(d) He wants to say Happy Birthday to Lenny.
14. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
(a) That she is getting Willy Jay in trouble.
(b) The gravity of her actions.
(c) The consequences of leaving Zackery alive.
(d) That she does not love Zackery.
15. Meg hesitates at first to go out riding with Doc because:
(a) She does not want things to start up between them.
(b) She has not forgiven her for leaving her in Biloxi.
(c) She feels guilty about leaving her sisters home alone.
(d) She does not want him to know she still cares for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Old Granddaddy try to make the girls feel better on the morning of their mother's funeral?
2. Though Babe wants to burn the photos of herself and Willy Jay, Barnette tells her:
3. Meg claims she and Babe were talking about Lenny's relationship with Charlie because:
4. Babe believes Meg's lies might be true because:
5. Meg and Lenny are bothered by the photo of their father's smile because:
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)