|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lenny taken to sleeping in the kitchen?
(a) So she can hear the phone if it rings.
(b) So she can hear and attend to Old Granddaddy.
(c) So she can be close to the door if she needs to leave.
(d) So she can take care of Babe.
2. Lenny seems to see herself as:
(a) A saint.
(b) A slave.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A princess.
3. The photos of Babe and Willy Jay were taken by:
(a) Willy Jay's mother.
(b) A private investigator hired by Willy Jay.
(c) A private investigator hired by Zackery's sister.
(d) Zackery's sister Lucille.
4. Old Granddaddy's actions toward the girls imply:
(a) He only wants to do what will make them happy.
(b) He is guided by strict morals and values.
(c) He wants to know what they want out of their lives.
(d) He tries to do what he thinks is best for them whether they like it or not.
5. Barnette plans to attribute the shooting to:
(a) An accident.
(b) Babe's desire to start a new life.
(c) Babe's self-defense in the face of her husband's anger.
(d) Zackery's continued physical and emotional abuse.
6. Meg's motivation for lying to Old Granddaddy appears to be:
(a) That she wants him to be happy in his last days.
(b) That she wants him to come home again.
(c) That she wants him to gain strength from her stories.
(d) That she wants to deceive him so he won't harass her.
7. Rather than sympathizing with Meg's need to "toughen up" after their mother's suicide, Lenny believes:
(a) Meg's hardness caused her to lead Doc on, and eventually cost him his leg.
(b) Meg's hardness has cost the whole family their happiness.
(c) Meg's lies have stemmed from her need for attention.
(d) Meg always tried to exploit the situation to get what she wanted.
8. Lenny believes Old Granddaddy told her to break up with Charlie because:
(a) He did not want her to leave him.
(b) He did not want to see her hurt.
(c) He did not want her to marry a Yankee.
(d) He did not want her to get married at her age.
9. Who calls while the girls are setting up the card game?
(d) The hospital.
10. During their conversation:
(a) Zackery calls to arrange a deal with Babe.
(b) Barnette calls Zackery to tell him to not to contact Babe.
(c) Zackery calls to tell Babe he has evidence against her.
(d) Barnette calls Zackery to arrange a deal.
11. Meg's comment, "sometimes I wonder what we wanted," implies:
(a) The girls were not allowed to make any decisions for themselves.
(b) Old Granddaddy did not consider the girls' wishes when he made decisions for them.
(c) Old Granddaddy tried to prevent the girls from rebelling.
(d) The girls were discouraged from choosing happy situations.
12. Babe looks happy in her wedding picture because:
(a) She thought she loved Zackery.
(b) Old Granddaddy told her to smile.
(c) She was drunk on champagne.
(d) She does not understand that she is getting married.
13. Babe's hysteria does not allow her to register:
(a) That Zackery's liver is getting better.
(b) That Zackery has had photos taken of her and Willy Jay.
(c) That Old Granddaddy has had another stroke.
(d) That Meg has run off with Doc.
14. While Becky explains the details of the shooting, it is clear that Barnette:
(a) Think she is guilty.
(b) Knows how to manipulate the truth to her advantage.
(c) Does not believe her story.
(d) Knows he is going to have to lie on her behalf.
15. When Lenny learns her secret has been betrayed she tells Babe:
(a) She never wants to see Babe again.
(b) She thinks Babe should go to jail for shooting Zackery.
(c) She will never trust Babe again.
(d) She has always known Babe loves Meg more that herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnette leaves, it becomes apparent that:
2. While she tells her story, Babe finally seems to realize:
3. People in town think Meg:
4. Barnette agrees that Willy Jay:
5. When Meg asks why she can not seem to keep her mouth shut, Doc answers:
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)